Exploits / Hacking concerns

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Exploits / Hacking concerns

by Tadbouche » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:58 am

I think there should also be a different set of penalties for gold buyers and gold sellers. If you look at any legal system the dealer is always penalized harder than the purchaser. I feel like treating them the same just gives people an incentive to honeypot competition and people they don't like. If you buy gold you should get a 7 day ban and have your account stripped of all gold. If you sell gold you should be IP banned. I am sure a lot of people will disagree with me but in my humble opinion I think it sends a clear message and more than that it leaves a few survivors to spread the word of what happens if you attempt to buy gold, you will lose your ingame money, you will lose your real life money and the only thing you will have is a story to spread about how dumb you are and why no one should be as dumb as you.
Tadbouche
Grunt
Grunt

by Grim » Mon Mar 30, 2015 10:44 am

Dear Viper, Deamon and co,

Your efforts to rid this place of all malpractices is exemplary, however while doing so, the most important aspect of this whole process - communication, is very much lacking.

I am currently aware of a person who's account was suspended for alleged 'major gold exploit' while never having more then 300 gold total on their whole account (one 60 on account). That person was never told why this happened, what were they involved in or anything, just banhammer and that was it. Later, they got a response from one of GM's that the GM who issued numerous bans is, I quote 'no longer with the team and that Nost staff currently has no information why those bans were issued in the first place'.

As you can see from this example, there are numerous players who do not trust your actions at the moment because of the lack of transparency, some sort of pre-action warning and similar. If some GM went on a banning rampage just because they felt like it, admitting their failure and apologizing for what suspended players suffered will be more then enough to restore the confidence those players have in you.

We all make mistakes, it's what makes us human, there is no shame in that. What matters is what we do afterwards.
Sheeva -@- 11 years of facemelting and saving your buttcheeks, all at once!
--/\-- Dreamstate --/\--
Grim
Sergeant
Sergeant

by ColAngus » Mon Mar 30, 2015 11:29 am

Grim wrote:Dear Viper, Deamon and co,

Your efforts to rid this place of all malpractices is exemplary, however while doing so, the most important aspect of this whole process - communication, is very much lacking.

I am currently aware of a person who's account was suspended for alleged 'major gold exploit' while never having more then 300 gold total on their whole account (one 60 on account). That person was never told why this happened, what were they involved in or anything, just banhammer and that was it. Later, they got a response from one of GM's that the GM who issued numerous bans is, I quote 'no longer with the team and that Nost staff currently has no information why those bans were issued in the first place'.

As you can see from this example, there are numerous players who do not trust your actions at the moment because of the lack of transparency, some sort of pre-action warning and similar. If some GM went on a banning rampage just because they felt like it, admitting their failure and apologizing for what suspended players suffered will be more then enough to restore the confidence those players have in you.

We all make mistakes, it's what makes us human, there is no shame in that. What matters is what we do afterwards.

This guy gets it.
"I was up late last night farming ogers. Testing a new macro setup. while watching netflix :P... this moring the account was closed :S" - kaaos

"While watching Neflix, the character should not have been playing itself. :)" - Kraft
ColAngus
Sergeant
Sergeant

by apollan » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:46 pm

100% correct. We need more communication as a whole from the staff. I also think first time offenders should not be punished as severely, maybe a week ban or something, but all gold and maliciously obtained item should be deleted. Also, there should be a ban appeal section.
apollan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hvemklomater » Mon Mar 30, 2015 2:13 pm

100% correct. We need more communication as a whole from the staff. I also think first time offenders should not be punished as severely, maybe a week ban or something, but all gold and maliciously obtained item should be deleted. Also, there should be a ban appeal section.

If they suspend them for a week or so they'll just find another way to exploit it and the outcome will be even worse.

and yeah.. ban section sounds like a brilliant idea.
Hvemklomater
Sergeant
Sergeant

by yzak » Mon Mar 30, 2015 4:15 pm

Damn son. this professional. damn professional. *clap clap*
yzak
Grunt
Grunt

by Sonday » Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:11 pm

Glad to hear that exploits will be dealt with, but this does not say what will happen to the items and/or assets that have been acquired from exploiting.

If a player that has exploited, and received an item, reports himself to a GM, what happens to the item? If a player that unknowingly exploits and receives an item and reports himself, what happens to the item?

It is my opinion that any advantage gained from an exploit should be rescinded. Players that exploit, knowingly or unknowingly, should not gain an advantage, at any point in time, over other players that have not exploited.
Sonday
Grunt
Grunt

by Fabuleux » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:28 pm

Straight up bullshit, you hack 1 copper you deserve to be banned end of story ... WTF are you talking about fool ?
There are thousand players around playing legit and some smartass think they can hack ?

Deserved punishment and well served :roll:
Fabuleux
Private
Private

by Antonhagelberg » Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:51 pm

Keep up the great work!
Antonhagelberg
Private
Private

by knatcharn » Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Good to hear. But what will happen to the items acquired through exploits like Ragnaros loot?
knatcharn
Tester

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements