Hack Session

Nostalrius official announcements

Re: Hack Session

by Thyris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:14 pm

Stop asking to delay it. The devs have their shit together they don't need ur wacky ideas. Start and scholo are probably fine seeing as this used to be a 60 server way back. So I'm assuming 60 dungeons are just fine as they had years to work on them. As far as DM. That won't get released till rag is dead. Plenty of time to test it later. And as far as quests go. Again. 4 years of developing I'm sure they had the time to test all the quests. If there are a few here or there that don't work...they can be fixed after launch. I don't think a couple of quests not working is going to ruin the fun. And NO we don't need to test aq or naxx right now. Ur looking at several months after launch as BEST. That can be tested later
<Exiled>
Thyris
Private
Private

by Gelbin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:14 pm

I haven't really got a clue what the status is on those higher raid instances. But if they can predict an ETA when those will be done and it fits within a good time before people will get ready, I'd say: "Make it an epic release on the 11th feb" ;-)

But of course, if there's still too much work on those. That epic moment will not last for long. People can wait on a closed server, but they can't wait in an open server. That will lead to losing players.
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Thyris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:42 pm

Valid point gel. Would u agree that if 95% of the quests were working along with MC AND BWL working properly. The server could technically be ready to go without negative feedback?. Bc I'm assuming all the dungeons are working properly :)
<Exiled>
Thyris
Private
Private

by Moxey » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:53 pm

Just have a public test realm while having the actual realm up to test raids and dungeons that need bugfixes.
Im sure we have 40+ people who can help test even if it takes time away from their mains.
Moxey
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:56 pm

I'm on the same page as Moxey on that topic. I wouldn't mind playing and testing at the same time myself.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Thyris » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:03 pm

I agree moxey. That would be the most sensible solution.
<Exiled>
Thyris
Private
Private

by rewind » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:04 pm

Nostalrius had a public test realm before shutdown, I guess they will create one again, maybe with restricted access.
rewind
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Gelbin » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:31 pm

Moxey wrote:Just have a public test realm while having the actual realm up to test raids and dungeons that need bugfixes.
Im sure we have 40+ people who can help test even if it takes time away from their mains.

Great suggestion!
"I won't stand for that!" - Gelbin Mekkatorque
Gelbin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by ThatsthePuzzle » Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:35 pm

I also like that suggestion, dedicated guilds will definitely test things in their downtime.
ThatsthePuzzle
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Seta » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:09 pm

I have been playing on Vanilla realms for 7 years and I am impressed with the quality this last session and how effective and fast buggs / issues was fixed. Also even if few fixes was present during test, few issues which never work on the other servers was working fine. Playing on your server even on default setting is enjoyable. Thanks for the hard work Nostalrius Team. Hope we provided the nessecary testing to make server as blizzlike as possible.
Seta
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements