How to use Nostalrius Bugtracker

Nostalrius official announcements

How to use Nostalrius Bugtracker

by Viper » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:49 pm

A bug tracking system or defect tracking system is a software application that keeps track of reported software bugs in software development projects. It may be regarded as a type of issue tracking system.

1. How to register

First you'll need to register yourself to be able to create new artefacts.
To do so, please check this link

Once your account has been registered/validated, please login, and then access the Nostalrius Bugtracker here

2. Create a new artefact

Game Master will not take bug request in-game anymore, players will have to use the Bug tracker for this purpose. This will help clean up a lot of the tickets we get on a daily basis. All artefacts needs to be written in english. Before sending a new bug report try to check if this has already been submited in order to now slow the patching process. If your artefact is linked to a "sensible bug report" (cheating, abuse), please contact directly a Game Master.

• Click on the top left to Submit a new artefact,
  • Create a Summary title like this ,
    [XXXX] YYYYY
    Where XXXX is the ID of an object,item,creature,class name or instance/raid name,
    and YYYYY is the description of the artefact found.
    For IDs, check on http://www.wowhead.com/
  • Choose the right Category:
    • Battleground => Problem linked to Battlegrounds (ex: Alterac),
    • Class => Problem linked to class mechanics (ex: Rogue),
    • Event => Problem link to an event event (ex: Valentine's day),
    • Instance/Raid => Problem link to an instance (ex: RFK),
    • Creature/NPC => Problem link to a creature outside of an instance (ex: Kodo in Mulgore),
    • Object/Item => Problème linked to an object outside of an instance or an item (ex: felcoth),
    • Quest => Problem linked to a quest outside of an instance or a battleground (ex: Kill the bad grey kodo),
    • Worldboss => Problem linked to a worldboss (ex: Lethon),

In the description, don't forget to add you character name, it can be usefull for us.

Best regards,
Nostalrius.
Viper
Administrator
Administrator

Re: How to use Nostalrius Bugtracker

by Souldrinkah » Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:04 am

I am too retarded to use bugtracker it seems, it's too complicated. I gave it up.. Why can't we report bug by old-fashioned way and have Bug report section on forum?
Souldrinkah
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Hydra9268 » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:07 pm

Because bugs reported in the forums are a nightmare for the staff to manage.

This is like forcing a graphic designer to use Microsoft Paint to design a website
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Flaat » Thu May 07, 2015 10:48 am

I think the bugtracker is pretty easy, it just really needs a better explanation for people less inclined to these kind of things and a example of how it should be done. Maybe a video aswell.
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Bioness » Fri May 08, 2015 10:24 pm

I get an "uncertified website" error whenever I try to access the page, I clicked ignore, but I thought you should know as it makes your bugtracker website look like a virus or something.
Last edited by Bioness on Sat May 09, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by casso » Sat May 09, 2015 8:33 am

unsigned certificate is common in the world... simply people don't want to pay money for signing.
casso
Private
Private

by selexin » Mon May 11, 2015 6:22 am

I'm having troubling registering for the bugtracker website. The confirmation email for account validation has never been sent. Any tricks to get it working?

Would love to start contributing to finding bugs. The bug I was trying to post has not been listed yet.

Thanks,
Selexin
selexin
Tester

by Kha » Mon May 11, 2015 8:34 am

its wonderful we have a bug tracker, but as a reminder, can we have a fix for Stealth anytime soon ? Currently Stealth is being removed if we get incombat with any npc, which is beyond gay...
Kha
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Tokarus » Mon May 11, 2015 4:12 pm

There are quite a few mining/herb nodes that are impossible or bugged (e.g. inside trees), does each one need its own Artifact entry?
Tokarus
Tester

by nioks » Tue May 12, 2015 5:47 am

So, i cant log in because of this , ooooor ??? because it sais
"uthenticating" and then " DC from the server
nioks
Tester

Next

Return to Announcements