Life Stealing vs Crusader

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Life Stealing vs Crusader

by Fenrir » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:32 pm

Ok. Let's just put this to bed.

References from April 2006 and August 2006
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/76 ... ntry177217
Lastly, the way enchants like Crusader works(as in, it can be on a variety of weapons), they are set at 1PPM, but that's 1PPM based on unhasted auto-attack. The proc rate goes up once you start throwing in haste and yellow attacks. So, slower weapons gets high proc rates in this system.

http://forums.elitistjerks.com/topic/61 ... ntry130491
PPM is pretty easily misunderstood; the way it seems to work is that the game internally converts it to a chance on hit percentage, with that percentage defined by the speed of the weapon and the "ideal" PPM, such that if all you do is autoattack, and all your autoattacks were hits, you'd get that many PPM.

As I said in earlier posts, PPM is not part of the game mechanics, it's just an easier way for players to talk about variable proc chances.

In reality, you can increase your PPM by spamming more instant attack abilities like hamstring or increasing your weapon speed with abilities like slice and dice.

To answer the question in the OP, Lifestealing has a proc chance 6x higher than crusader.
Note: I have not tested this myself on the live server yet so do not take this as official word on how it works on Nost. If you find results that differ, please create a ticket in the bug tracker.
Fenrir
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:01 am

Cool. Thank you for letting me know. So if crusader heals for 3x as much, but does this 6x less often, life stealing may be the way to go for my solo/5man weapon.

Got my Warlords deck on standby, Julies Dagger w/ crusade atm will change to life stealing. And will one day have my valor bracer and belt upgraded for 2/8 self healing proc.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SuperDuck » Wed Jun 10, 2015 11:13 am

@Fenrir
Im just using the vanilla/tbc terminolgy. The EJ quotes support my original post. I dont see the reason for your drawn out explanation, but im glad we agree that ppm means procs per minute and in a vanilla wow context refers exclusively to autoattacks.

@Undertanker
If healing is what you want go with lifestealing. Crusader simply heals less over time. For damage it depends and is hard to calculate since you have to account for how many special attack you fire in the period crusader is up and the fact that it can proc while the effect is still active thus wasting some of the effect.

In general though str classes as in those that get 2 ap per str are better of with crusader for pure dmg, while its much closer for agi classes.

But for healing lifestealing is the way to go.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by skitszo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:04 am

If something dies it can't hurt you and thus you don't need the heals.. I'd go with the damage dps buff IMO. crusader procs pretty well if i recall in my experience. And strength at some point does buff parry for more mitigation avoidance thus adding a type of heal. I just can't prove or know how to test whether strength buffs parry in vanilla or not; but i know it did in future patches.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by SuperDuck » Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:51 am

Only increases shield block value and AP in vanilla.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by JCarrill0 » Fri Jul 03, 2015 2:21 pm

skitszo wrote:If something dies it can't hurt you and thus you don't need the heals.. I'd go with the damage dps buff IMO. crusader procs pretty well if i recall in my experience. And strength at some point does buff parry for more mitigation avoidance thus adding a type of heal. I just can't prove or know how to test whether strength buffs parry in vanilla or not; but i know it did in future patches.

Reading strength stat straight from the game, Increase attack power and increase chance to block. Says nothing about parry.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by SuperDuck » Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:38 am

Not chance, but value. As i saidin the post above yours.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by justclassic » Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:13 pm

1 strength = 1 or 2 meeleap ( depending on class ) + 1/20 blockvalue
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by St0rfan » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:16 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:
skitszo wrote:If something dies it can't hurt you and thus you don't need the heals.. I'd go with the damage dps buff IMO. crusader procs pretty well if i recall in my experience. And strength at some point does buff parry for more mitigation avoidance thus adding a type of heal. I just can't prove or know how to test whether strength buffs parry in vanilla or not; but i know it did in future patches.

Reading strength stat straight from the game, Increase attack power and increase chance to block. Says nothing about parry.

Increased Block value is an increase of amount of damage blocked, not the chance of said block to occur. Both benefitial for a tank ofcourse, but not same same action.
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes