Potions and leveling

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Potions and leveling

by Quis » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:16 pm

A quick check of players buffs when grinding shows me that potions are underused when leveling. I'm level 25 Feral Druid now and still use the minor pot's such as fortitude, lion's strength, etc, and especially elixir of wisdom. The minor's are cheap - 1s or less usually, and wisdom about 5s in the AH. The wisdom pot essentially is cost neutral, as it helps me cut down the cost of drinks.

As an example how this works, when grinding heavily mobbed areas (say 40 kills/hour area), the wisdom gives me about a 10% boost in mana (more at lower levels). I've found that I can cut out over half my down time for drinking, saving nearly the cost of the pot, At the end of a fight where I've used mana for initiating the attack, or popping to heal myself (especially if I've drawn more adds), without the 10% boost, I often stop to drink -- with the boost, I often have enough mana to initiate another fight. Another benefit I've experienced is fewer death runs. Overall, I feel the wisdom helps me speed up grind leveling by about 10%.

I'm certain other caster classes (even mages with their free water) would see similar benefits using the elixir of wisdom.
Q
Quis
Tester

Re: Potions and leveling

by Undertanker » Wed Apr 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Pots help, no question. It made my warrior lvling much better. I was also able to take a lot of + stam items, and get my agil str from pots. I keep about 2 stacks of free action potions with me, and two stacks of mid lvl shadow protection pots for world pvp. Speed pots, i use those to avoid deaths. Being alch herb has helpped a lot. You are doing it right.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Flaat » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:39 am

Also do not forget sharpening/weightstones. Especially for cat form it is very good, adding the equivalent of 8str per 1 +dmg and effecting claw and ravage directly.

Invisability potions are very good aswell for getting out of ganks
Flaat
Sergeant
Sergeant

by imnotfromspace » Sat May 16, 2015 3:42 pm

I have always some swift pots in my pocked in case some ud rogue sneaks around once again
imnotfromspace
Tester

Return to Mechanics and classes