Which healing race/class to choose?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Which healing race/class to choose?

by fish » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:17 pm

Drain wrote:Elf as I don't like midgets. You don't "need" to have a certain racial. Too few people realized this back then or even today. You can pick any race you want. Guilds are not going to turn down Priests because they don't have Fear Ward. Horde as an entire faction doesn't even have Fear Ward.

^this

I'm also rolling either nelf or human, haven't decided yet. I'm just sure I won't be playing dwarf. Because in the end, it all comes down to you enjoying the game and if playing a dwarf makes you uncomfortable, then why do it.
fish
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Garfunkel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 2:03 pm

Horde has Tremor Totems, don't they work like an aoe Fear Ward?

Anyway, leaning towards the priest. Thanks for all the input folks.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by James Goblin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:40 am

Tremor totem AOE removes fear (party members only in Vanilla IIRC) the moment it´s dropped (20 yards range, 30 with talents) and then does the same by ticking every 5 seconds.

Tips: 1) Shaman can´t drop it while feared, and 2) it has only 5 health.
James Goblin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Sat Feb 21, 2015 3:50 am

fish wrote:
Drain wrote:Elf as I don't like midgets. You don't "need" to have a certain racial. Too few people realized this back then or even today. You can pick any race you want. Guilds are not going to turn down Priests because they don't have Fear Ward. Horde as an entire faction doesn't even have Fear Ward.

^this

I'm also rolling either nelf or human, haven't decided yet. I'm just sure I won't be playing dwarf. Because in the end, it all comes down to you enjoying the game and if playing a dwarf makes you uncomfortable, then why do it.

^ this entirely. my rogue is gonna be a NElf just because of its animations (..so martial artsy) and my others are Orc/Human because I like their appearance more than the others.. save for the Tauren Shaman and Druid. >.> I love that banana dance, man.

Oh yeah, and The Lock King is undead because their animations AND the fact there's no Bevles.. so ya know >.> Undead is the next best thing. That gear just looks silly on an orc.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Garfunkel » Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:31 pm

While I'm intrigued to make a dorf priest, my preference for "pretty" races does make me think that a nelf priest might actually get me to 60. It's not like I'll have time to dedicate to raid 3-nights a week anyway, so losing out on Fear Ward hopefully isn't a big deal to a more relaxed raiding guild.

Thanks again for the helpful posts. See you guys on Saturday!
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes