The final choice.

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

The final choice.

by alucard001 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:27 pm

Hey folks. Here i am again xD
Since 1 month ago , I've been testing all Vanilla classes. As i always have done, i wanna play a melee class, and i am focusing on Warrior and Rogue.

I will be focusing on PVP , but i will do PVE aswell.

Let's talk about these two classes.

Warrior

This was my first class in retail wow since i bought it in noob times. Warrior is great, i love plate mail items that i get while leveling and is one of the most interesting RP classes.
Warrior has a really high dmg, you don't depend of your mana. Once you get +30% critical strike, your attacks will give you high amount of rage (+extra from received dmg). You are just a killing machine. For group fight is really awesome. You can clean a battleground if you have a healer behind your back.

(After test dmg with my addon in the Repack, i' ve seen that with endgame gear Warr hits white crit on 1k1 and Special attacks 1k5 , sometimes 2k)

Pros:
-Huge dmg
-Plate mail, high resistance.
-2handed weapon (I like this one)

-Cons:
-Really kiteable.
-Unplayable against mages in 1v1.
-Useless without good gear. (Which takes a lot of time to get it)

Rogue

Rogue is awesome too. This is probably the best solo class imo. You can kill every class if you have cds (even if he outgear you).
Rogue has a really good dmg too and more survivability. It's really helpful in many situations and probably has the higher burst in the game (Cold Blood+Eviscerate 5cp).

-Pros:
-Really good dmg.
-Good movility.
-Stealth
-You don't need endgame gear to rape your victims (Rogue works fine even on D1)
-You can heal yourself with stuff even in combat. (Blind +bandage)
-You can play as solo player (Warr can't, very kiteable)

-Cons:
-Leather (You get owned if any melee gets you off Stealth)
-Less dmg than Warrior in group fight.
-Need reagents.

Meavy i have done some mistakes but, this is prob all by the moment. I really want to get back these memories playing on AV , and i don't know if i would enjoy it more playing as Warrior or Rogue.
These last days i've been playing as Rogue on Feenix and i do it pretty decent with D1. When i play with warr sometimes i rape my victims (and i enjoy it) but when i join a bg against 2sham+3mages+3warlocks i wanna kill myself or throw my laptop for the window.

Your recommendation. Tell me.

In other way, i've seen that most part of players are gonna play on Alliance, meavy i will join Horde just for helping the faction's balance. Are gonna play good pvp players on Horde? What do you think about it?

Greetings
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Re: The final choice.

by Dessel » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:59 pm

I just want to say that it's an imperative part of being a... person to be able to take these decisions on your own. You've already done what others can potentially help you with: laying out the pros and cons. All that remains is to trust in your own decisionmaking on the matter.
/shrink out
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by LovelyDPS » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:27 pm

You can take shaman and to for 2h enh , easy to become healer or range DPS if u get bored with melee.
LovelyDPS
Private
Private

by alucard001 » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:29 pm

LovelyDPS wrote:You can take shaman and to for 2h enh , easy to become healer or range DPS if u get bored with melee.

I also like shaman but you just depend of Windfury to hit hard. Besides, every class scales a lot with gear except from this one.

Shaman is done to be played on elemental. I also like Restoration, but i prefer playing Warr or Rogue instead this one.
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by konked » Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:45 pm

You've set your personal pros/cons for each class its seems the decision is left with you now.

Play want you like, not what others want.
konked
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Smugglin » Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:50 am

I will actually answer you, instead of the " Play what you want" BS.

You narrowed it down to warrior or rogue.

Go rogue.

Just levelling the warrior will make your computer cry tears of blood.

Stealth is the greatest advantage in the whole the game. Super OP.

If you can't commit though, roll a Shammy. Best of all worlds.
Smugglin
Private
Private

by Mek » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:07 am

If you're talking about the instant 60 server to test out which class you plan on going, I've been doing the same thing. Originally tried warrior, and with most people out-gearing me and no healer, I felt useless. As a rogue, though, I was in more control. Easily able to take out better geared classes 1v1.

Also enjoyed Enh Shaman but that's also gear dependent, and mana was a big problem for me.
Mek
Sergeant
Sergeant

by showtime » Sat Feb 21, 2015 6:08 am

go warrior

rogue relies on you having to do things like stunning a target and standing still not to berak stuns and then go invisible again. a lot of that annoying crap

warrior you can get good gear and get huge windfuries
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by alucard001 » Sat Feb 21, 2015 12:09 pm

I wouldn't play as warrior on horde, i like it human. Besides, is rare that random shams put Windfury totem in BG. They just don't mind.

What i was thinking is farming Free action potions (Im gonna be Alchemist), so i just can farm them like it was another Ability, just like Blind for rogues.

@Mek. To play as Enhance you need atleast 4k mana and wearing the correct talents. Shaman is great with D1 , because it's damage is very high compared to another starter classes. But once these classes go to MC , Onyxia, Bwl, say bye to Enhance, its just crap.

PD: Just for curiosity, are you Methk right? Im Arucadox, i don't know if you remember me...
alucard001
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by proplayergmr » Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:30 pm

@alucard001

Having gone through this question on multiple different private servers, it always comes down to the feel of the class. You seem to be primarily focused on PvP.

Warriors: Calculated chaos. The ability to charge, intercept, AoE snare, and Fear. Eventually 1 shot with gear.
Warriors upfront and in the fray. Running around mounted and charging into all the things. If a priest sees a warrior running at them, you know they're shitting their pants.

Rogues: Sneaky and controlled, living life by the cooldown. With blind/gouge/sap, rogues can provide formidable CC in the heat of the battle. You're actions are mostly done after walking around (slowly) in stealth, likely resulting in a instantaneous death to the victim of your choice. Your targets don't know what hit em until it's too late. However.. if your cooldowns are spent, you're more vulnerable than a priest with no buffs.

Enhance shamans: Frost shock, Stormstrike, and right click. NS Full heal if you're going to die.
1 man armies in battlegrounds.
Shamans are also gear dependent; though not nearly as much as Warrior.
As you mentioned, your only enemy is mana management.

(Dare to go into raiding, you'll be a Nightfall proc bot... nothing more. You do it for the raiding gear to take into the bg's.)

Source: I played all three on 60 servers. They all have their pros/cons. They are all very much worth playing.
Choose what you Feel like playing. That's what WoW was always ahead of the game at.

Through flawless mobility, targeting, and class immersion, allowed them to separate from the pack and become the dominate MMO in existance.

PS: I respectfully disagree to your faction of choice for warrior. Horde warriors live the dream. Nothing beats WF + Sword proc.
proplayergmr
Tester

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes