Heal or DPS

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Heal or DPS

by snowscas » Sat Feb 21, 2015 8:47 pm

I'm currently torn between roling a healing or dps class when the server begins. Will healers be worth more on a private server since fewer people will be playing then vanilla retail had. I can't choose between paladin or shaman. When I played in vanilla I played a rogue and enjoyed it but, I am expecting to see many rogues everywhere and I don't want to play a class thats so abundant. The other dps is a warlock because my old GM played one and always out DPS'ed everyone in both PVP and PVE. I would love to have some feedback or thoughts.
snowscas
Tester

Re: Heal or DPS

by Trolle » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:57 pm

It will be easier to get into raiding as a healer. There are always a lack of healers compared to DPS. Paladin or Shaman is your choice, do you want to play Alliance or Horde the most? Do you want to PVP as well?

Most people DO want to DPS, and yes there will be more DPSers than healers, but there will always be different needs for different classes. Rogues and DPS Warriors will always be the hardest to raid as. Mages will be quite difficut as well I reckon nut as Warlock or Hunter you can probably find a spot in some guild.
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Tank and heal will always be the rarest roles, it doesn't matter if you're on retail or a private server. They will always get groups or raid slots the easiest as a result.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Zestypooch » Mon Feb 23, 2015 12:38 am

Go a shaman, wreck people regardless of spec lol
Zestypooch
Private
Private

by showtime » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:50 am

i recommend ret paladin
showtime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by snowscas » Mon Feb 23, 2015 4:56 am

Thx for the feedback always wanted to play shaman but since I played alliance in vanilla never had one. I just want to get the class figured out at the start so I dont spend the next month re-rolling characters till i find the one I like which I would do.
snowscas
Tester

Return to Mechanics and classes