Best 29 twink classes

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Best 29 twink classes

by lastnoob » Wed May 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I know 19 is more active, but I want a 29 too. Which class dominates this bracket the most?
Except rogues(I guess they do). Hunters? Druids?
lastnoob
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Best 29 twink classes

by Xylon666Darkstar » Wed May 13, 2015 7:03 pm

Mage.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Cody121 » Wed May 13, 2015 7:17 pm

I would say warlocks are pretty powerful because of succubus sooth, priests are pretty solid if they are disc, the shield will take for ever to pop plus you have 30% imp stam talents and mart makes sure you dont lose casting when healing. Would also go with a bear FC druid. you get feral charge which is a nice extra stun. can interupt those pesky healers. holy paladins are pretty solid too with freedom for the druid FC so the druid doesnt waste mana on shapeshifting, you get 2 impa shields f or you and party members coupled with priest healing is amazing in this bracket.

rogues are pretty overplayed because every one thinks CS/Kidney is OPAF but in reality a priest bubble will outlast your CS and the other paladin can heal you if needed or shield if to low. rogues are just easily taken out if they cant stun you.

hunters are pretty decent too with there simple amazing ability to kite the shit out of you with no gap closers. if you get the jump on a warrior or mark a rogue so he cant stealth, you have easy kills. rogues may have sprint but most twink hunters play around there frost trap, always keeping the enemy on the other side of the trap forcing him to set it off if he wants to get closer to you in turn making them not able to close because of the trap. but also, you have almost no escape mechanics at this bracket due to no FD till next level, making you an easy target if a rogue gets a jump on you. wing clip is useful but you would really need to push the range between you and your target with in those first 1-2 seconds you get WC off before the melee can react.

warriors are decent due to charge/hamstring. if you get some lucky crits with HC and keep rend active, you can do some pretty narly damage over all. being able to switch to sword and board while in combat and changing to DS, you can hold your ground with shield block and revenge and wait for back up to arrive if fighting on a node or defending a FC.

i dont play horde and havent ever twinked a shaman so i wont put much input on this one. they dont seem powerful enough to me, did not see many 29 shamans in retail, maybe 2.. but mostly played as healers.

as for mages, they are pretty hardcore in the 29's. hitting like mac trucks with frost bolt, plus that slow it applies is so good for group fights when a melee is on a ranged and you need to help slow it down for the gap to get biger between them, all while helping kill off the enemy. coupled with priest/paladins, its like an invincible team set up. you got the sheep for CC, first nova is OP, mana shield plus PW:S is insane to break, and r1 Arcane Explosion for them damn rogues to break stealth away from you to not waste blink on an opener.. which i see a lot of low level mages do in pvp.. then die because the melee closes the gap before FB goes off then its a wasted frost nova and by then you are pretyy much dead. this is a decent skill cap to pull off for this twink class. i mean, most mages are pretty decent in pvp for the simple reason they are a mage, but to effectively outlast your enemy, you shouldn't be wasting key effective survival CD"s just because it happens right from the start.

this was just me ranting on from memories or twinking. i loved the 29 bracket, i played paladin, priest, hunter, mage twinks in retail. played a lot of 49 bracket too.

i hope the twinking community gets strong here, i would love to see some really top notch twinks in terms of skill and effectiveness using the low abilities we have.
Cody121
Sergeant
Sergeant

by lastnoob » Thu May 14, 2015 8:20 am

Wow. Didn't expect such a detailed post. Thank you for sharing your experience!

So I guess druids in cat form has subpar damage?
Last edited by Pottu on Thu May 14, 2015 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed long quote
lastnoob
Grunt
Grunt

by Cody121 » Thu May 14, 2015 6:43 pm

lastnoob wrote:Wow. Didn't expect such a detailed post. Thank you for sharing your experience!

So I guess druids in cat form has subpar damage?

from my personal experience, druids are far more powerful as bear FC's with feral charge in this bracket. simply because they are such hard targets to kill. Regrowth/Rejuv + priest or paladin healer on a Bear is just broken. I didnt really look into druid twinks during retail because the class just simply did not interest me, but when i played with them, they were all bear FC druids and nothing else. I would even know how to gear a cat druid honestly. maybe with the rogue twink gear for this bracket? and find a good staff, such as the one from BFD for extra stam?? idk really.

what would be you be mostly interested in twinking? and how do you think the fights would turn out?

would rate this as best classes to twink

1. Hunter
2. Mage
3. Priest
4. Druid
5. Rogue
6. Paladin
7. Warrior
8. Warlock
9. Shaman

this is just imo, im sure others have there own opinion as well, but from my experience, this would be your ideal twinks. as for premade set up, i would go with

1. Hunter
2. Hunter
3. Mage
4. Mage
5. FC Druid
6. Disc Priest
7. Holy Paladin
8. Rogue
9. Rogue
10. Warlock
(massive DPS from hunters/mages, nice CC from mages/rogue/warlock, amazing heals with paladin/priest, great FC couple with disc priest while paladin heals the fights)

Pure DPS premade would be

1. Hunter
2. Hunter
3. Hunter
4. Mage
5. Mage
6. Mage
7. FC Druid
8. Rogue
9. Rogue
10. Disc Priest
(MASSIVE ammounts ofCC along with insane burst damage from hunters/rogues)

Pure Defenensive premade would be

1. Hunter
2. Hunter
3. Rogue
4. Rogue
5. Mage
6. FC Druid
7. Warrior
8. Disc Priest
9. Holy Paladin
10. Holy Paladin
(massive CC from rogues/mage/hunter traps, amazing heals from priest and paladins and alt FC from warrior)
Cody121
Sergeant
Sergeant

by stimz » Thu May 14, 2015 9:51 pm

#1 class that alliance needs in 29 preTBC are dwarf disc priests. If you wanna help carry, make one. We could really use a third solid player.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by lastnoob » Thu May 14, 2015 10:27 pm

Cody121 wrote:what would be you be mostly interested in twinking? and how do you think the fights would turn out?

Most likely one out of these: Mage, Hunter, Rogue, Warlock.

I can't decide if warlocks are great or not, i just dont know... They shall have a few shadow dmg items.
I have a 19 hunter, and while it should be really fun at 29, I feel like I will be hamstringed/slowed very much, greatly decreasing effectiveness.
Rogues are nice. Mages are nice(btw, are there frost dmg items at this level?). The main purpose is world pvp

I don't wanna roll a healer cause I will solo somewhat often, and healers are just arent great for that, especially in wpvp.

Will have a twink (most likely retri) pala friend

So after this, what would you suggest? :)
lastnoob
Grunt
Grunt

by riq and snog » Thu May 14, 2015 11:33 pm

I thought about making a twink... then i joined my first 10-19 wsg and couldnt stop laughing at all the skey hunters fully twinked... just terribad on both sides... died a lot becuz insanely op tough...i decided not to twink then and rather go for 60 bgs....
The most op class in the 29 bracket is shaman fc with dispell support:-)
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Unfazed » Fri May 15, 2015 11:44 am

How active is the 20-29 bracket here?
Toomuchhp - 19 Druid
Unfazed
Grunt
Grunt

by stimz » Sat May 16, 2015 12:10 am

Unfazed wrote:How active is the 20-29 bracket here?

Decently active, it's getting better. Alliance needs a few more 29 regulars, horde actually has quite a few already.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes