Which endgame healer has least/most mana problems?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Which endgame healer has least/most mana problems?

by vandals575 » Sat May 16, 2015 7:19 pm

Can someone please tell me which PvE endgame class/spec usually has the least mana problems (most mana efficient) & which has the most problems or maybe rank the classes from least mana problems to most mana problems or something. Like all things being equal (gear, played by the same skilled player, etc) which healing class/spec is most likely to go OoM & which is least likely to go OoM?
vandals575
Tester

Re: Which endgame healer has least/most mana problems?

by Theloras » Sun May 17, 2015 11:01 pm

vandals575 wrote:Can someone please tell me which PvE endgame class/spec usually has the least mana problems (most mana efficient) & which has the most problems or maybe rank the classes from least mana problems to most mana problems or something. Like all things being equal (gear, played by the same skilled player, etc) which healing class/spec is most likely to go OoM & which is least likely to go OoM?

If you want to role a healer for end game raiding then you will like being a Holy Paladin cause a Holy Paladin that goes OOM is doing it wrong.

The Illumination talent in the holy tree combined with as much spell crit as you can muster on offset gear (not talking about T3 yet as it is a ways off here on Nostalrius), then you will quite literally finish at the end of every boss fight with at least 1/2 to 2/3 of your mana remaining all while spamming Flash of Light the entire time.

You will never hear a Holy Paladin screaming over Vent for an Innervate :P
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by TaurenRogue » Mon May 18, 2015 1:05 am

mana "issues" for healers kinda stand like this
-paladin = minimum mana issues (and minimum fun)
-druid/priest = some mana issues on more healing intensive fights
-shaman = epic mana issues and epic healing potential, not a very good class if you are cheap as hell
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by vandals575 » Wed May 20, 2015 6:32 pm

TaurenRogue wrote:-shaman = epic mana issues and epic healing potential, not a very good class if you are cheap as hell

Why is shaman not good if you are cheap? You mean they use a lot of consumables?
vandals575
Tester

by JCarrill0 » Thu May 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Theloras wrote:If you want to role a healer for end game raiding then you will like being a Holy Paladin cause a Holy Paladin that goes OOM is doing it wrong.

The Illumination talent in the holy tree combined with as much spell crit as you can muster on offset gear (not talking about T3 yet as it is a ways off here on Nostalrius), then you will quite literally finish at the end of every boss fight with at least 1/2 to 2/3 of your mana remaining all while spamming Flash of Light the entire time.

You will never hear a Holy Paladin screaming over Vent for an Innervate :P

I have been in many fights where mana became an issue. Keep in mind, I literally was the LAST healer with mana though.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TaurenRogue » Fri May 22, 2015 12:01 am

vandals575 wrote:
TaurenRogue wrote:-shaman = epic mana issues and epic healing potential, not a very good class if you are cheap as hell

Why is shaman not good if you are cheap? You mean they use a lot of consumables?

yes namely mana potions and demonic runes plus the standard elixirs
TaurenRogue
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by goronic1 » Sat May 30, 2015 2:58 pm

Holy Pally should never go OOM. Their talents reimburse mana on crits.
I'd say if a resto druid isn't geared right, they're probably the one's to go OOM fastest. You need MP5 gear.
goronic1
Tester

by Baalls » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:17 pm

I raided as a pally years ago. This is 100% true. I was actually ret about 90% of the time and the raid leaders were entirely ignorant.
Baalls
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Sham » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:09 pm

When I played shaman during vanilla I couldnt go anywhere without several mana potions. And was envy of holydins
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:24 pm

With the item patch we're currently on a Holy Pally can still spam heal when at 0 mana.
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes