pom pyro!

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

pom pyro!

by Eazy-E » Tue May 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Hey all. So i was wondering that if i die the moment i send a pom pyro to burn some random player it evades? i mean i launched it and its on the way but if i die meanwhile it shows up as evade. which is really weird coz sometimes that pom pyro is the last damaging spell i send and it would be a kill but for no reason it evades even tho it hits the enemy. and no the enemy is not dead yet so the enemy should take that damage,but instead it shows up as *evade*.
So is this how it was in vanilla, is it blizzlike or just some weird bug?
Eazy-E
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: pom pyro!

by Youfie » Tue May 19, 2015 5:16 pm

When a mob or a player dies between the moment at which the spell is fired and the one it "hits" its target, it should never display "evade" or "absorb". I've seen this happen on Nostalrius, and it shouldn't be. This is a minor bug, bug the combatlog should just report nothing.

Regarding damage being evaded even though the target isn't dead when the spell hits, well, this is a whole other story. If your target is a mob in evade modeit's of course normal, but if it's not there is definitely a problem.

If you can find a way to reproduce this bug 100% of the time, make sure to report it on the Bug Tracker :).
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Eazy-E » Tue May 19, 2015 5:44 pm

yeah i play battlegrounds mostly and this happens a few times every day. the target is still alive and my pom pyro is about to hit them in the face. and i die then it shows up *evade* even tho the pyro clearly hits my target which is alive and running. im gonna report back here with a few combat logs after work
Eazy-E
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Youfie » Sat May 23, 2015 6:37 pm

Eazy-E wrote:yeah i play battlegrounds mostly and this happens a few times every day. the target is still alive and my pom pyro is about to hit them in the face. and i die then it shows up *evade* even tho the pyro clearly hits my target which is alive and running. im gonna report back here with a few combat logs after work

Don't report here. Report on the Bug Tracker :).

And if you find a way to reproduce the bug, it'll help the staff a great deal to fix it. Otherwise, if they can't reproduce it, they'll probably won't look into it yet :(.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Mechanics and classes