1.4 Pre-BiS Guide for All Classes

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: 1.4 Pre-BiS Guide for All Classes

by mrmr » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:19 am

res wrote:Isn't Mantle of Lost hope (lvl48) Available?
I thought that was the best shoulder piece for pretty much all healers.

Edit: Does anyone know when they become available if they are not?

Patch 1.4.0 was released on: 8 April 2005

https://web.archive.org/web/20070527004 ... item=22234
First mention for these shoulders is from Mar 30th 2006.

https://web.archive.org/web/20070509201 ... com/i22234
First comment (1.1 years before 9 May 07, aka March/April 2006) states:
This dropped off Roccor in Blackrock Depths for my group yesterday. Never seen it before so I assume it's new. As of 1,10 Roccor is no longer a rare spawn, but he has been moved. He is now a further inside one of the tunnels; the one to the left of the tunnel leading to the arena, as seen from the entrance of the instance. You'll have to clear out the first groups of dwarves and then wait for him, as he patrols through the inner parts of that tunnel. He is really easy though.

Our very happy priest got the shoulders.

So, no. These should not be available.
I'm not root of myself.
mrmr
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by arrows » Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:35 am

It looks like you should defer to mrmr for the shoulders you are probably thinking of. Though my answer was also technically correct, I imagine you are talking about the patched healer version.

Nice jorb mrmr!
arrows
Grunt
Grunt

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:48 am

arrows wrote:What about us hunters...
QQ

Thanks for all the hard work!

Hunters after mages :)
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Knetik » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:12 am

The majority of this gear was released in Patch 1.11. Which was a good bit after 1.4.
Knetik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:14 am

Knetik wrote:The majority of this gear was released in Patch 1.11. Which was a good bit after 1.4, though it could have been pre-chage of gear as well, its not really clear online atm.

Do you have evidence for which pieces you're talking about? A lot of items were updated in patch 1.11 which is why some websites like wowhead.com say they were added in those patches.
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Knetik » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 am

Nope, but I know not all of these were in 1.4 because I played the classes. Is there evidence that they WERE in game? All the online documents, whether they are false or not, says they weren't. But I could be mistaken.
Knetik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:36 am

Knetik wrote:Nope, but I know not all of these were in 1.4 because I played the classes. Is there evidence that they WERE in game? All the online documents, whether they are false or not, says they weren't. But I could be mistaken.

In my spreadsheet, there is a link to a January/February 2005 Allakazham entry for each item. I also checked on other sources like Thottbot.com for addition information on certain items.
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Knetik » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:48 am

Kurthos wrote:
Knetik wrote:Nope, but I know not all of these were in 1.4 because I played the classes. Is there evidence that they WERE in game? All the online documents, whether they are false or not, says they weren't. But I could be mistaken.

In my spreadsheet, there is a link to a January/February 2005 Allakazham entry for each item. I also checked on other sources like Thottbot.com for addition information on certain items.

Awesome, I see the links now, good stuff man.
Knetik
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:38 am

Mages Completed. Hunters Next.
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

by Kurthos » Sat Feb 28, 2015 6:36 am

Hunters complete. The Spreadsheet is finished, but if you notice an item missing, feel free to post here and it will be added.
Kurthos
Grunt
Grunt

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes