Another, give me input on choosing a class thread

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Another, give me input on choosing a class thread

by Viss » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:30 pm

I have a hard time deciding which class to go with. Faction choice is out of the picture as of now. I like to play the underdog, let it be Horde or Alliance. I play mostly for the PvP but I do like to raid sometimes, but I will be casual because of the changes in my life since 2005 as a teen doing whatever I cared to do.
I used to play a Human Paladin. But my ways have changed. I played on a few classic private servers and liked the way of a PvP Priest. The power of mind. Let it be Shadow or Disc/Holy. But I also had an alt back in the times of retail WoW, which I am considering to redeem. It was a Hunter that I got to level 48 when the Dark Portal activated and by magic transported us to Outlands and new adventures for my Paladin.

So for casual play in Dungeons/Raids and the PvP scene, which class will be deemed more needed or easiest to gear up to bring warcraft to the world. Hunter or Priest? Yes a healer is always needed. But I do not like to heal no more. Unless really needed.

By the way, I am no pocket healer. I heal when I heal. Do not expect my heal in PvP. But I will try not to let my team die, if I do roll a Priest.

Share your insights or thoughts so I can have peace in my mind, thanks^^ I only got time to dedicate to one character. See ya all in game.
Viss
Tester

Re: Another, give me input on choosing a class thread

by Trolle » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:46 pm

If you are going to raid, go for hunter. Priests as damage dealers wont be accepted into most guilds(especially not in the start where you can't use debuff slots even).

You level as Beast Master and then you go Markmanship until later stages of AQ and there you go Survival. All specs works very well in PVP
< Organ Harvest >
Maedsigil
Soetsaken
Smiskarinnan
Fyllepiraten
Nidabmi
Trolle
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Drain » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:31 am

You can PvP as Priest fine but don't expect to get into raids as Shadow. Assuming you do, you're just filler for a slot that could have been put to more use with a Warlock/Mage/Hunter. Hunter however is great in BGs and just as much so in raiding. But if you want to play Shadow exclusively... well Warlock would have made more sense. Shadow simply isn't that good in Classic. Your mana problems are terrible and you will cry when you get hit with Viper Stings.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by callex » Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:35 am

From my experience, guilds usually had 1 shadow priest in the raid. Doubt you'd make the cut with 8 debuff slots though.
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by sloasdaylight » Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:10 pm

callex wrote:From my experience, guilds usually had 1 shadow priest in the raid. Doubt you'd make the cut with 8 debuff slots though.

As a former raiding shadowpriest, the 8 debuff slot bullshit pissed me off to no end.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes