Least played class?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Least played class?

by Wolfrig » Thu Jun 04, 2015 5:55 pm

Hello all.

I am new to this server, but not to vanilla. I would just like to know which class (or what classes) are the least played on this server on both alliance and horde. I would like to know which class could make it easier for me to find a raid spot later in the game.

Thank you all!
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Least played class?

by venven » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:59 pm

Druid & lock judging by this thread:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=3641&start=100
Noxm wrote:its incredible²²².. but delay²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²²

Sunday 31 mai 10 pm Server Time :

Total : 9009 Players Online
4527 Horde / 4482 Alliance
50.3% Horde / 49.7% Alliance

Level 60 : 876 Horde / 700 Alliance
55,6% horde / 44,4% Alliance

Rogue IG & IRL.
venven
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Wolfrig » Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:17 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. Druids were underplayed on feenix as well, but do you have any idea why warlocks are so underpopulated? Aren't they supposed to be good in pvp and top dmg charts in PvE?
Wolfrig
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Grogesh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:08 pm

I thought Rogues and Warriors topped DPS charts?
Grogesh
Tester

by Bioness » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:13 pm

If you only want a raid spot roll a Dwarf Priest, otherwise play what you like and don't worry about what is needed as more than likely you will always find a guild looking for certain classes (except rogue, fuck that class).

Wolfrig wrote:Thank you for your quick reply. Druids were underplayed on feenix as well, but do you have any idea why warlocks are so underpopulated? Aren't they supposed to be good in pvp and top dmg charts in PvE?

More than likely it is because Warlocks are stuck with shadowbolt spam because of the debuff limit and that is a turn off for many players.

Grogesh wrote:I thought Rogues and Warriors topped DPS charts?

Rogues, Warriors, Mages, and Warlocks tend to be around the same level throughout vanilla. They might fluctuate a bit depending on the tier, but otherwise they are the same. The exception might be warriors who become really overpowered with Naxxaramas level gear.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Grogesh » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:23 pm

Nice to see another fan of Paranoia Agent on this forum, Bioness :)
Grogesh
Tester

by Bioness » Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:28 pm

Grogesh wrote:Nice to see another fan of Paranoia Agent on this forum, Bioness :)

Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by razgrim » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:49 pm

I've collected the same data seen above. Druids and Warlocks are the lowest.

Druids, really don't know why they're so underplayed, when they used to be high in Retail. Maybe it's something to do with the jack of all, master of none approach?
Bear isn't a raid tank. -> roll warr.
Cat is a watered down rogue. -> roll rogue.
Resto is a great healer, but because they don't have a standard res, they're going to have popularity issues in 5 mans. -> roll priest.
Druid would work well for undecided people, but most people on this server tend to be MMO veterans, and not the undecided type.

As for Warlocks, warlocks are excellent dps, excellent PvP, hella fun to play. They have the best raid utility in the game, I always LOVE having a lock in group, if just for the summons and soulstones.
It was always the least popular class, until Blizz made it so easy in Pandaland that an educated cat could outdps you on a destro. My first and favorite class, don't know why it was so unpopular. Perhaps the dark role doesn't appeal to some? Warlock isn't a very traditional class, fairly original to WoW. It's kinda like a hybrid between hunter and mage, so people tend to go either way, but not the middle, which is a shame. Someone else would have to explain a Warlocks lack of appeal.
razgrim
Tester

by riq and snog » Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:54 pm

Warlock is just boring to play and at certain gear lvl sl specced... u kill all 1v 1 really... but u get bored... all u do is run dot shadowburn and spam sb when not foccussed -and fear on a healer.
Its mindnumbingly boring to play.
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Serak » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:53 am

razgrim wrote:I've collected the same data seen above. Druids and Warlocks are the lowest.

Druids, really don't know why they're so underplayed, when they used to be high in Retail. Maybe it's something to do with the jack of all, master of none approach?
Bear isn't a raid tank. -> roll warr.
Cat is a watered down rogue. -> roll rogue.
Resto is a great healer, but because they don't have a standard res, they're going to have popularity issues in 5 mans. -> roll priest.
Druid would work well for undecided people, but most people on this server tend to be MMO veterans, and not the undecided type.

Druids are atrocious to level up, that's probably why...
Serak
Tester

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes