Hunter or Healer

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Hunter or Healer

by Apkarut » Mon Jun 15, 2015 7:11 am

I have recently joined Nostalrius and I am torn between healer or hunter.
I only exclusively play healer in most mmos but the hunter class seems really interesting but I'm scared of those 20 minutes wait for dungeons and literally begging someone to take you along in raids as dps.
So my question is will I be able to raid and go in dungeons easily as a hunter or should I just give and roll healer?
Apkarut
Tester

Re: Hunter or Healer

by Yasko » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:08 am

It sounds a little bit that you think Nostalrius got a 'Duengon Browser'. At first - there is no one. You have to search groups via world chat or addons like Call to Arms. That is normal in Vanilla.
Hunters are not the best choice if you really want to do high dps in PvE. The most guilds will use 2-3 hunter for Tranq shot/Traps. Getting a 5/10 group wiill be no problem for a hunter. If you really like the playstyle, start with a hunter.
Yasko
Grunt
Grunt

by SuperDuck » Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:22 am

A good hunter is really valuable in five mans. Traps are perhaps the most versatile cc in the game, if you know how to use them. Scare beast can be helpful in a pinch as well, and your pet can even function as off tank. Hunters are great kiters as well. Later on tranquil shot is absolutely necessary for some raid encounters.

However there is a reason for the term 'huntard', it's easy to fuckup. So please dismiss your pet whenever you jump down anything etc., don't ninja pull and watch your threat. Also strength is useless for hunters, and melee classes benefit more from melee weapons and should get first pickings imo, just like I'd always pass if a hunter needs a ranged weapon.

I don't avoid hunters when I form groups though, they are just like any other DPS. But if you want groups quickly healer/tank is the way to go here.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by Apkarut » Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:19 pm

After a lot of consideration I finally rolled a healer
Thank you guys for the help
Apkarut
Tester

Return to Mechanics and classes