PvP Gearing

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

PvP Gearing

by Edz » Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:15 am

- Can you still be competitive in pvp using only pvp gear or is raiding the only way to gear up in vanilla?

- If so what classes/specs would be most viable playing with only pvp gear and no raid items?
Edz
Private
Private

Re: PvP Gearing

by callex » Fri Feb 27, 2015 2:05 am

It depends on how far you go up the ranks. The blue set is alright, but if you're using that against players that are in AQ40 gear then you'll have some trouble. I always felt like PvE gear did help, though. Especially when theres certain pvp items that aren't that good for some classes (mainly off-set pieces)

BUT, AQ40 won't be out for quite a while on this server, so I think you'd fair pretty fine, especially if you plan on doing the R14 grind.
callex
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: PvP Gearing

by arrows » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:45 am

From what I can remember the pvp gear works pretty well for keeping you competitive in the battle grounds. You will most likely want to do a few higher end instances to get good trinkets / rings. Hand of Justice comes to mind for melee toons. Also be sure to keep up with your enchantments. It's easy to stack more damage / health with a full set of enchanted gear. Everything should be viable in pvp, though as you most likely read elsewhere on the boards vanilla catered a little bit more to rogue's and warriors for honor farming.
arrows
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mechanics and classes