Mage or Warrior

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Mage or Warrior

by rausing123 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:33 pm

just can't pick which one I should level up, could someone give me some pros and cons of both the classes and why you would pick the one you'd pick. thanks :)
rausing123
Tester

Re: Mage or Warrior

by Rocmistro » Wed Jun 17, 2015 7:10 pm

If you go warrior, you always have the option of being a tank or dps, both are viable in end-game raiding.

Tanking, by its nature, tends to be more of a leadership role, and you certainly need to know the boss fights very well. Knowing classes and their abilities for stun, CC, etc. tends to become part of your skillset. I've heard leveling a Warrior is tough up to about level 40's, though, so keep that in mind.

Mages will always be DPS. Other than that, i don't know much about it.
Rocmistro
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Mage at this point in raiding will be more sought after. They are valued in 5 mans as well and easy to level. Warrior life is rough and you will be wearing leather for the next two years for the most part if u want to dps. Even then you will need to keep a tank set, and then add resist sets... Half of your bank will be devoted to gear when everything is said and done with.

For PVP you will be gimped as a warrior in raiding specs, but a mage is still very viable in pvp with raiding spec. I cant pick for you, but these are the things to keep in mind.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by iamdopers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:30 am

Ignore Undertanker, Warriors are the best in every test. Period,
iamdopers
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 8:04 pm

Iamdopers glad you can provide reason. So helpful to OP.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by skitszo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:32 am

Whats you play style?
do you want to mellee? or do you want to ranged pew pew with spells?
If you don't want to tank why be a warrior?
Mages are fun to level. I leveled a fire mage. If you don't want to mess with frost and AoE farming then go firemage. Its a lot of fun IMO.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes