Spirit Stat seems kinda important

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Spirit Stat seems kinda important

by Cronem » Sat Jun 20, 2015 10:39 pm

First of all, sorry for my bad english !

I think I "discovered" something. At least after searching a lot @ google I couldnt find anybody talking about it.

Heres the story:
I started leveling an undead warrior and as we all know, leveling a warrior is horrible in terms of self healing. I skilled first aid and healed myself sometimes but not too often. I got to lvl 10 when a friend of mine started playing alliance and I switched to playing a dwarfen warrior and started again. From lvl 6-8 I noticed that it was much harder to gain full health after every mob even with first aid and eating. Something felt different so I checked my hp regeneration ticks. My dwarf @ lvl 8 with 21 spirit ticked for 3health every 2 seconds. I logged on to my undead warrior and he gained 15health/tick. (lvl 10/28 spirit). This means that my dwarf regenerates 15health and my UD 75 health in 10 seconds (5 ticks). I searched the whole web for the exact formula for hp regeneration in vanilla but I couldnt find anything useful. I seemed very strange that a difference of only 7 spirit points gave 5times the hp regeneration. I couldnt find anything so I just tried to play on and the next mob dropped a scroll of spirit whigh gave my dwarf 3 spirit points and now i was ticking for 7 health. Only 3 spirit points doubled my regeneration. Soon after that I gained a level and now @ lvl 9 I still had 21 spirit and I was still ticking for 3 health (scroll expired again).

So why do I tell you all this? I think the racial starting stats make a huge difference (at least for the warrior!) UD starts with 25 spirit and gaining 5 times the health between mobs is remarkable. (considering that you have ~ 250hp @ lvl 10 gaining almost 30% of your health in 10 secs) makes it much easier to regain health between fights.

Does anybody have the exact formula for this?
Cronem
Tester

Re: Spirit Stat seems kinda important

by res » Sun Jun 21, 2015 12:49 pm

I know that warriors regenerate more base health per point in Spirit compared to other classes.

Wowwiki states that "Spirit*0.80 + 6" is how much you regenerate as a warrior Pre-TBC.

21*0.80 + 6 = 22,8 per tick

So according to that you should regenerate about 50 health per 5 seconds out of combat if you're a warrior with 21 spirit.

According to this you shouldn't be able to get below 6 health per tick, and you said you were ticking for 3 health per tick at one point so it doesn't seem to be correct, at least not on this server (Or maybe this is the formula at level 60?).
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Undertanker » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:52 pm

Spirit at low level is very nice. Also use fear bomb bandage when needed. Helps a lot. Just remember to turn off attach or turn your body so you do not hit your primary target.

Other it is a good leveling stat that people do not use correctly, even while in combat on a mana user, wanding, bear form, bow shot or other things in combat will allow spirit to kick in for mana regen after 6 seconds. Take a few more seconds to kill something but you have little to know downtime.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by skitszo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:35 am

I tell people about spirit and HP5. No one ever stacks it on a warrior. later on you get gear in the 50.s that you can find that has HP5 on it and its nice if your running a tanking warrior build. can get away with a lot less food eating.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by GTrax » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:28 pm

I'd say for some classes spirit could be a lot better than int esp where lvling is concerned. For priests for example
with the talent that gives you +x% spirit and regen while casting when you kill a mob. With high enough spirit you can just run around killing stuff while regening most (if not all) your mana.

On lvling paladins its also very good I remember never ooming while spamming Consecration rank1 + SotC auto attack while lvling. 8 sec cooldown on consecration made it easy to get atleast 2-3 mana regen ticks before having to cast it again. With high spirit its entirelly posible to get the 135 mana Consecration costs in 2-3 mana regen ticks. With BoW buff+high spirit its just crazy.
Uta Shadowbreaker is my name. Break them shadows them Spriests and Locks.
Uta- 21/0/30 Paladin. #ForeverRet
GTrax
Grunt
Grunt

by gotmilk0112 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:42 pm

GTrax wrote:For priests for example
with the talent that gives you +x% spirit and regen while casting when you kill a mob. With high enough spirit you can just run around killing stuff while regening most (if not all) your mana. .

Yep, Spirit is pretty much the best leveling stat for Priests, because you can talent for +100% spirit after each kill. Not only doubles your spirit for 15 seconds, but also gives you 50% normal mana regen while casting. But yeah, if you kill 1 mob at a time, you almost never have to drink.

Priest may have slow killing speed, but they make up for it with very low downtime. :D
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Return to Mechanics and classes