Flexible as Shadow Priest?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Flexible as Shadow Priest?

by munzwurf » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:53 am

Hi everyone,

I want to start playing the Classic Vanilla experience and was wondering which class to choose. To the top of my mind came priest, with the reasoning that I could spec into Shadow for questing with some points into Holy so that I would be able to heal in dungeons before max level.

Is that possible or would the healing output be too small to heal sufficiently? Also, can anyone tell me how much gold respecing costs? Would it be viable to respec often or too much of a drain on gold resources?

munzwurf
Private
Private

Re: Flexible as Shadow Priest?

by SuperDuck » Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:37 pm

You can easily heal as shadow while levelling. No real reason to respec for that untill 60. Respeccing can get quite expensive after a while.
SuperDuck
Grunt
Grunt

by sloasdaylight » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:54 pm

You can heal everything until you get to raids as shadow. It might not be as pretty as a holy or disc priest, but you can get the job done.

Respecting is expensive after a while, as respect costs cap out at 50 gold.
sloasdaylight
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Bioness » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:05 am

Most priests I've done dungeons with were shadow when healing, you can heal just fine as it.

Now if you want to raid as shadow that is a different story and at best you can expect a single shadowpriest in a raid, but only after the debuff limit has been increased.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by koelkast » Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:11 am

and expect to farm shitloads of consumables.
koelkast
Grunt
Grunt

by skitszo » Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:38 am

I heal as disc/holy and its useful for dungeons. I didn't really find that i saved that much time trying to quest and level as shadow so i just keep to my healing spec as i like to heal dungeons mostly. Many like the fact i have the spirit buff early on.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes