Class most fun to level (not end game)

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Class most fun to level (not end game)

by arsidus » Sun Jun 28, 2015 3:20 pm

Hey guys I have always been one of those players that has enjoyed leveling and was the only reason I stuck around WoW so long. Well that and PvP. I just joined this community a few days ago and decided to level a warrior, I got to level 12 and haven't been having the greatest time in doing so. I read up that there is a big warrior population and that they aren't the best to level if you don't have the gold to give them the gear boost 1-40. So I'd love to hear input on what people personally had the best experience leveling.
arsidus
Tester

Re: Class most fun to level (not end game)

by Bioness » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:32 am

I personally find Warlocks and Mages to be the most fun, but then I suppose I am biased towards spellcasters.

Fun is what you make of it, if you like the class style you'll have fun leveling them.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by mike1097 » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:41 am

Like Bioness said, it's up to you.
I really understand what your problem is with your warrior, because I'm playing warrior too. It's a struggle to level it, especially as an arms warrior. But nonetheless for me it's one of my favs.
I personally don't like range classes so I also would recommend a Paladin. Strong solo-game when played right. But if you like ranges try a mage or a hunter. Should be the easiest.
In the end, like I already said, it's up to you.
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by skitszo » Mon Jun 29, 2015 6:48 am

I am leveling a warrior full protection tanking spec. I love taking the lead in dungeons. I am leveling it slow and steady with rest bonus and getting all the blue gear in dungeons. I also already have a level 60 hunter so i've had the cash to buy some blue gear from the AH that helps. I also have an enchanter so it has some decent enchants on gear so the warrior really isn't that painful to me to level. I like the fact i can take a beating out grinding and not have to worry about health pots and eating food all the time. it might be little slower but not dieing and not eating also saves time so just depends how you look at it.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

by iamdopers » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:29 am

I really don't get why people complain about leveling warriors, it's really not that hard if you know what you're doing. They're absolutely fine and ez pez to level.
iamdopers
Private
Private

by arsidus » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:07 pm

iamdopers wrote:I really don't get why people complain about leveling warriors, it's really not that hard if you know what you're doing. They're absolutely fine and ez pez to level.

Because each mob goes something like this: Charge > Miss > Hit > Hit > Battlecry > Miss > Hit > Rend > Parry > Miss > Hit > Hit > Heroic Strike (miss) > Hit > Mob dies. Then I'm below 15% hp and need to eat. Run out of stuff to eat and dont have the money to buy more. So I sit around and wait for my HP to regen and then start the whole process over again.

I created a druid last night and have been flying in levels. I think it's the point of pretty much always having the resources needed to engage an enemy with everything you have instead of having to build up rage to eventually miss with my one ability I have. And it's not the problem of not having my weapon skill up all the way because I make sure to level them up every time I level.
arsidus
Tester

by ZanTheBonebreaker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:32 pm

Hunter. Without the slightest bit of doubt.
Painmistress - Level 60 Rogue
Breaking for the Horde.
ZanTheBonebreaker
Private
Private

by Undertanker » Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:56 pm

Druid is fun, alternate using magic, and going bear/cat. Hunter is fun as well as you can go cast like druid provided you just Sting and auto attack with imp AotH. Arcane shot when mana over 50%. Keep mana up in case of adds or world pvp then burn it.

Lock can be run if you understand how spirit works and use wand after dots, should end most figjts full mana.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by mike1097 » Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:44 am

arsidus wrote:...

Because each mob goes something like this: Charge > Miss > Hit > Hit > Battlecry > Miss > Hit > Rend > Parry > Miss > Hit > Hit > Heroic Strike (miss) > Hit > Mob dies. Then I'm below 15% hp and need to eat. Run out of stuff to eat and dont have the money to buy more. So I sit around and wait for my HP to regen and then start the whole process over again.

Dont forget the good old.
Charge>Miss>Dodge>Overpower Miss>Demo-Shout Resist
"Drunhall"
60 Protection Warrior
<It burns when I PvP>

Alliance
Nostalrius Begins PvP
mike1097
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by skitszo » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:27 am

warrior will always be gear dependant..... just have to max on gear and buffs.... no getting around it.

You either have DPS spec and try to kill stuff fast before it hurts you or you go mitigation spec and have them not hurt you as badly. personally i like the they can't hurt me scenario. save time not having to eat and worry about getting killed. Honestly tank spec is not that bad. There's some kind of dps spec fetish for warriors that i don't understand. I level a healer and i heal in dungeons and i know when a warrior or a noob dps spec that doesn't know what they are doing. I go OOM even though i'm probly BIS for my level and then they blame me for OOM issues. wrong.. if your gonna tank have some tank talents. lol

my level 30 warrior can solo kill at level and not have to eat for several mobs. infact i mosly can get by with just bandages every 2 to three mobs just fine using a one hander with a shield.... just get a fast weapon and damage enchant it and use a damage stone.
skitszo
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes