How this is possible ?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

How this is possible ?

by Nogood » Fri Jul 03, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi

I really want to know how this is possible ? The Lock cast fear, I use gouge (way before the fear is almost finish) and 2 seconds after I'm feared (Looks like the cast continued after the gouge)

The attachment HowPossible.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
HowPossible.jpg
HowPossible.jpg (53.8 KiB) Viewed 2373 times
Nogood
Tester

Re: How this is possible ?

by malkaviano » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:32 pm

The fear was casted after the gouge...

Timestamps help.
malkaviano
Tester

by Nogood » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:08 pm

I've been fear when he was still afflicted by gouge
Nogood
Tester

by osa » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:53 am

its a bug from stun like when a warrior charge a mage the mage can still cast the sheep while he's stun by the charge hope the fix this fast
osa
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Armilus » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:20 pm

It probably is broken, but there is a bit more to it.

In retail vanilla it was possible for two players to hit each other with CC at the same time. Most things happened in 'batches' rather than real time. So if two things happened really close together (talking like, < 0.1s) they effectively happened at the exact same time ON THE SERVER. (Most private server's don't have this functionality).

On your game client, it takes time for your commands to be sent to the server, processed and have a result returned. It also takes time for other players actions to be sent to the server, processed and then sent to all the players that are in range to see the action happen.

In order for any game to be playable at all, the game client reacts immediately when you do something and shows the result, for example you use gouge and you see it happen right away. The other player starts to cast fear, it takes that players latency plus your latency before you see them start to cast. If the server is lagging a bit at the time, this makes it even worse.

On your screen you see: "I used gouge before their cast finished, then got feared after they were gouged"
On their screen they see: "My fear finished casting and they had the debuff, then they gouged me after they were feared"
Other players see: "The rogue and warlock CC'd each other at the same time"

In this case, you saw yourself use gouge before they even started to cast fear, so that's probably about a 1.5s delay. I would say that's possible if the server is lagging really bad.

I'm not saying that it's for sure working as intended, it might be that casters are able to finish off a cast despite being CC'd but simply showing that's what you saw is unfortunately not enough to prove that it's happening.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kasen » Thu Jul 09, 2015 11:52 pm

It takes time for even Instant-cast spells/abilities to land.

Yet the situation when I stun a rogue with my Hammer of Justice and he stuns me with Cheap Shot simultaneously is something is beoyond the way the things should be.
Kasen
Sergeant
Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes