Do we have any ETA about some bug fixes?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Do we have any ETA about some bug fixes?

by Ektelion » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:13 pm

At the current state All Next Melee attacks and SLAM are not working as intended, they cancel instant extra attack procs such as windfury ironfoe and hand of justice which are affecting our gameplay everyday.

There are bunch of bug reports on the nostalrius tracker but you haven't even paid attention to it.
I completely understand the service you are providing us is free and i am totally understanding that you're spending time of your private lives to offer us as closer to a vanilla experience you can offer and i really really appreciate your effort, don't get me wrong.

The only thing i want to know is that you keep attention on things like these.

Thanks in Advance, Ektelion :)

*edit, typo
Last edited by Ektelion on Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Do we have any ETA about some bug fixes?

by Dessel » Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:51 pm

Would be nice if you paid attention to these things. I've reported the bugs related to ironfoe/hoj proccing incorrectly off heroic strike (animation play, nothing else happends) since long before the bug tracker existed.
Ironfoe is simply not a good weapon at the moment in raids.
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:07 pm

We pay attention to the bugtracker very regularly. We know that some bugs exist that need fixing and it's on our radar.

The more information we receive in people's bug reports (examples of how it was working properly in retail, forum posts explaining mechanics, comments from wowhead / allakhazam, screenshots/gifs/videos of what is not working on Nostalrius currently, etc.) the easier is it to diagnose the issue, test it, confirm it and ultimately fix it.

Time is the most valuable resource and that resource is limited for us. The more time of ours you can save on specific issues, the more likely that issue will be fixed promptly.

That said, I will look into this specific issue shortly.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Dessel » Fri Jul 24, 2015 6:06 pm

There doesn't exist any videos of how Ironfoe works in vanilla, though we do know how it's supposed to work:
You do damage, and have a chance to (double) copy the damage from your attack. Those two copies are supposed to be yellow, and to proc off anything. So it could copy 3k executes two times, and it could proc hamstring 50 damage two times.

This was stupidly overpowered, and none of it wasnts it to work like on retail, because it just creates a presedence for all warriors to spam brd to get a weapon they never replace.

You chose to code it like a hand of justice, but with two procs instead.
I think that is a fine way to do it, and balanced. But we just want you to make it bug free, so that it scales, instead of anti-scales.
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ektelion » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:45 pm

Tbh there was a video i watched 2~ years ago about ironfoe in a TBC official server, but it was uploaded on google videos which got deleted unfortunatelly and doesn't exist anymore.

I don't care how the weapon shoud correctly work tbh, i only care the extra attacks to work as they should.
With next melee attacks canceling our instant extra attacks there's really a big loss ( spamming heroic strike with 100% uptime will never make you get a proc off hand of justice )

I remember in old vanilla days when i had 70~ rage on my warrior and used heroic strike before i intercept, i managed to heroic strike and get 2 extra attacks at the same time ( here on nostalrius it would just cancel the procs, only animation would occur )

so there's really a big impact on pvp aswell

the only thing that currently is bugged in my opinion is the Next melee attacks, the weapons themselves together with sword specialization work correct i believe
( if you only use auto attacks and instant abilties that is )
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ektelion » Fri Jul 24, 2015 11:59 pm

Here's a combat log of ironfoe from level 60 official WoW, you can see the comment is from 2006.
3rd comment on the highest rated commenter

Runawaynow on 2006/10/03 (Patch 1.12.1)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/351/ ... g12909.png

source www.wowhead.com
Ektelion
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Dessel » Thu Jul 30, 2015 4:12 pm

Would it be too clever to ask if there are any details to this? Been a few months with these specific bugs stealing from our warrior experience :D
Dessel
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by diogenes » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:39 pm

Dessel wrote:You do damage, and have a chance to (double) copy the damage from your attack.

No, this mechanic has always been you deal two extra attacks with your mh weapon. Its how windfury has always worked and every other extra attack proc. There is literally no evidence to suggest that it ever worked in the way you did. In fact theres evidence AGAINST what youre saying.
diogenes
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Nano » Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:01 pm

Ektelion wrote:Here's a combat log of ironfoe from level 60 official WoW, you can see the comment is from 2006.
3rd comment on the highest rated commenter

Runawaynow on 2006/10/03 (Patch 1.12.1)
http://img519.imageshack.us/img519/351/ ... g12909.png

source http://www.wowhead.com

That Combat log isn't from Vanilla wow. First off, the numbers are way too high and secondly, in the bottom SS he gets a proc from water shield which is from TBC.
Please report any issues you have to the Bugtracker
Nano
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Armilus » Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:44 pm

Sweeping strikes and blade furry do the same damage as the attack that triggers them but I think sweeping strikes only does execute damage to the second target if it is also below 20% (It's in the patch notes somewhere).

I'm pretty sure any "Extra attack" mechanic simply resets your swing timer immediately after the attack that triggers it and in the case of ironfoe, it resets it twice.

"Extra attack" is not the same as "Attacks hit an additional nearby target".
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes