Many Mages

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Many Mages

by Beadman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:21 pm

Despite the fact that the current Population Census for Nostalrius shows that Mages are neck and neck with Rogues for the 2nd most played class, I still find that it is very easy for Mages to find raid spots in pugs and raiding guilds.

Do you find the same thing?

Also this seems to come from an assumption that Mages put out the most RDps and therefore just the class you want to fill your raid with once you have all the buff/debuff and other cooldowns covered. Do you think this is true and justifiable?
Beadman <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Core
Fury Warrior
Beadman
Grunt
Grunt

Re: Many Mages

by Xylon666Darkstar » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Mages frost DPS is valuable in MC> + if they know their class, generally self-sufficient and self-replenishing DPS (mana gem, evocate, mana pots, etc.)

Hunters you would think would be good too, since they can pot + FD/Drink. But all hunters are bad!
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re: Many Mages

by Beadman » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:33 pm

Based on what I have seen in the past it seems that hunters actually slightly outperform mages in mc when both are played at their peak. Trouble is most hunter players are dumb or average and the dps dropoff for a hunter playing at that level is a lot bigger than it is for a mage. I think this gives off the impression that hunters are not as good as a class.
Beadman <Goon Squad> - Nostalrius PVE
Core
Fury Warrior
Beadman
Grunt
Grunt

Return to Mechanics and classes