Which class would be most OP with every talent?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Which class would be most OP with every talent?

by Talryx » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:03 pm

Yeah warlock hands down.
Talryx
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by riq and snog » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:08 am

Sham wrote:
riq and snog wrote:A rouge with all talenntpoints, tea, zg trinket, 5/8 t1....thats just insane.... 100-0 stun anyone... even bear druids... just put an expose armor inbetween tea and adrenaline rush...
Prep, seal fate , all them gimmick talents combined will bring anything down... insane amount of cp generation combined wwith energy reg and burst on demand with weaponswap...

Seduce and deathcoil will ruin your plans and rogues have zero defenses against warlock's damage.

Sap you, kill pet.
Attack you, activate bladeflury,kick pet, shadow reflector, etc etc.... i mean i start of with a cs 5 cp coldblood evis just for the lols. You can not survive that burst potential unless you have ice block.
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bioness » Wed Aug 05, 2015 3:36 am

riq and snog wrote:
Sham wrote:
riq and snog wrote:A rouge with all talenntpoints, tea, zg trinket, 5/8 t1....thats just insane.... 100-0 stun anyone... even bear druids... just put an expose armor inbetween tea and adrenaline rush...
Prep, seal fate , all them gimmick talents combined will bring anything down... insane amount of cp generation combined wwith energy reg and burst on demand with weaponswap...

Seduce and deathcoil will ruin your plans and rogues have zero defenses against warlock's damage.

Sap you, kill pet.
Attack you, activate bladeflury,kick pet, shadow reflector, etc etc.... i mean i start of with a cs 5 cp coldblood evis just for the lols. You can not survive that burst potential unless you have ice block.

With all talents a Warlock could summon another pet in 0.5 seconds. I still agree a Rogue would best one given the ambush, however that doesn't mean a Rogue could do the same to all the other classes or if a Warlock were to strike first.

I believe this thread is wanting to know the most overpowered over all, not just in cases where one class has a clear advantage over another. Based on the criteria of the thread I would have to say a Warlock would be the best or at least a close second to a Druid.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Arael » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:36 am

Priest.

The benefit to damage given by the other two trees would be insane.
Arael
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sham » Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:20 am

riq and snog wrote:Sap you, kill pet.

Nope. Succub is invisible and smart warlock puts it on wait 30 yards from himself before duel starts. So you will be seduced anyway.

Also dont forget, warlock has 40% physical absorb with voidwalker and tons of healing potential. And if you want to know how much damage destruction warlock can pull out, watch classic videos of Drakedog. Its like 4k in few seconds.
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by stimz » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:01 am

Pally would be interesting as well, repent, divine favor + holy shock to proc vengeance before a reck bomb.

Edit: oops, clicked a link in the new thread and necro'd this one my bad
stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 2:43 pm

I disagree. A Warlock would certainly be strong with all 3 trees (any class would), but demolocks are still susceptible to getting their pets purged (bye Soul Link) or murdered while they are locked down (which admittedly can be resummoned once). Destro and Affliction don't synergize that well since one focuses on shadow damage and the other focuses on fire damage. Shadowburn is something almost every lock builds anyway with 11 points destro, so all in all the bag of tricks doesn't get that big. Conflagrate and Siphon Life is really about it. Fire and shadow damage compete against each other for actions and the fire dps isn't as good as shadowbolt dps so for the most part you are like a slightly heavier hitting SM/Ruin warlock with better survival.

Contrast Rogues for instance who can easily take advantage of having Cold Blood, Vigor, Adrenaline Rush, Preparation, and Premeditation all on the same Rogue while collecting all sorts of damage bonuses plus some utility here and there. That's going to get insane.

Or consider Hunters who will get both absurdly heavy hitting pets and monster attacks of their own plus survival and utility.
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by slverbaur » Thu Sep 24, 2015 4:46 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:I disagree. A Warlock would certainly be strong with all 3 trees (any class would), but demolocks are still susceptible to getting their pets purged (bye Soul Link) or murdered while they are locked down (which admittedly can be resummoned once). Destro and Affliction don't synergize that well since one focuses on shadow damage and the other focuses on fire damage. Shadowburn is something almost every lock builds anyway with 11 points destro, so all in all the bag of tricks doesn't get that big. Conflagrate and Siphon Life is really about it. Fire and damage compete against each other for actions and the fire dps isn't as good as shadowbolt dps so for the most part you are like a slightly heavier hitting SM/Ruin warlock with better survival.

Contrast Rogues for instance who can easily take advantage of having Cold Blood, Vigor, Adrenaline Rush, Preparation, and Premeditation all on the same Rogue while collecting all sorts of damage bonuses plus some utility here and there. That's going to get insane.

Or consider Hunters who will get both absurdly heavy hitting pets and monster attacks of their own plus survival and utility.

You're right, they dont get as many tools as e.g. mage or rogue. That Arcane Power+Combustion must be awesome. But consider the amount of damage bonus the warlock gets with all talents and the amount of passive bonuses. None of it is on a 3 minute cooldown or anything. It's just there.

Shadow Mastery: +10% shadow
Soul Link: +3% all damage
Master Demonologist (with succubus out): +10% all damage
Ember Storm: + 10% Fire damage

It doesn't matter that affliction and destruction dont synergize well when you get to have all the talents.
They only do shadow and fire damage, and with all talents that's at least 23% damage (with succubus out) to both schools. And then we're forgetting about Curse of Shadows or Curse of the Elements which (if i remember correctly) reduces resistances by 60 and increases damage taken by another 10%.
That's a lot of damage bonus.

On top of that, Immolate hits 25% harder when it lands. That makes that spell hit HARD and you get to cast Conflagrate right after that, which totals a shit ton of damage.

Devastation: +5% if you subscribe to the idea that 1% crit = 1% spelldamage. Somebody calculated it and it evens out. might be wrong though. Either way, it's still really good when you consider the talent "Ruin"

Ruin: 100% damage bonus on crits.

If you crit with shadowbolt you get another 20% shadow damage bonus to your shadow spells.
Let that sink in. If you crit with shadowbolt, which isn't that rare, while having Curse of Shadows up and Succbus out you have 23+10+20 = 53% shadow damage bonus, and we aren't even counting Devastation and that succubus+jumpercables bug. That death coil is going to heal for a lot to say the least.

Then you have all the passive shit in demonology:

Soul Link: 30% less damage taken which basically gives the warlock mail armor that also works against spells.
Demonic Embrace: 15% extra hp. A warlock in epics will have near 5k hp.
Improved Voidwalker: Voidwalker sacrifice shield is now 30% better and you can summon that shield in less than a second. That shield is better than Ice Barrier or Power Word: Shield ever was.
Improved spellstone: 30% better spellstone shield. Need I say more? It already absorbs a shit ton of spell dmg before the bonus.
Or, if you choose to have a felhunter out instead of a succubus you get +60 to all resistances.
On top of that you get to channel drain life which also has a talent which makes it heal (and damage) for 10% extra.
That makes the warlock a tank. I dont want to be the caster against that warlock
slverbaur
Private
Private

by Aethelwulf » Thu Sep 24, 2015 6:25 pm

Fire and Shadow still compete with each other for spellcasting. Don't disguise the fact. Warlocks also do not get 3 pets, and almost no one runs around with a voidwalker for PvP. It's dumb because the only thing he can do is Sacrifice. A Succubus could Seduce and a Warlock can heal 2K with a bandage and still have enough time to Soul Fire if that's what he wanted (assuming no DR).

I'm not convinced that Warlocks would be the most OP class with all talents.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes