Druid vs Shaman vs Priest

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Druid vs Shaman vs Priest

by Sec753 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi guys, I need help picking a healing class to roll!

Bit of context - I was late to the party in vanilla and hit 60 a week or so before TBC appeared. I was casual in TBC, healed up to Kara on my shaman. In WOTLK, my druid became my main and i healed through all of the raid content (normal modes). I stopped playing a few weeks into Cata because I didn't like where the game was headed as it no longer felt fun and the sense of community depleted (for me at least).

I loved healing as my druid in WOTLK. The primary reason I am hesitant to roll a druid is the lack of a normal res. Battle res is great for raid utility, but in a 5-man, I just don't feel comfortable not having the spell. That means I would need a shaman or a priest in my group. However, how many non-healing shamans or priests roll 5 mans? I feel like that's a long shot. Druids are quick to level though. I'd tank instances and go feral until 60 then respect resto (in all likelihood).

I liked healing as a shaman, but not as much as my druid. As a druid, I had more spells to work with and more to do. I like the idea of HOTS and i became to learn when to antcipate damange on boss fights and such. I hear chain heal is pretty awesome in vanilla? And it seems like i would get some totem management. I like the shaman class as a whole and wouldn't mind leveling one.

I've never raided as a priest. From the reading the forums, it seems like priests are most people's first picks. I like the priest class. Is the priest the way to go? I never saw very many running around in WOTLK. Typically it seemed to be me as my druid and a pally.

I don't really mind leveling any class. In order of leveling difficulty for me, i'd say Druid as the easiest, then a shaman, then a priest. However, this is a pretty insignificant factor. I'm primarly focused on the end game.

So if anyone has any suggestions or comments, I'd appreciate the help!

Thanks in advance!
Sec753
Tester

Re: Druid vs Shaman vs Priest

by Undertanker » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:19 pm

Did you not see the which healer to pick post right below your new post?
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Druid vs Shaman vs Priest

by Cardinalsin » Tue May 31, 2016 10:01 pm

To answer you question (finally) I think you know what you want. Shaman/Druid resto is viable in all raids and you get the hybrid options on instances to boot.
Last edited by Pottu on Wed Jun 01, 2016 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed advertising
Cardinalsin
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes