Elixirs in Vanilla

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Elixirs in Vanilla

by gotmilk0112 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:20 pm

How exactly do Elixirs stack in vanilla? I'm noticing that there's no concept of "guardian elixir" "battle elixir" like in TBC and beyond, so does every elixir just stack with every other elixir?

EG can I have Greater Intellect (25 int) and Sages (18 int+spr) at the same time?
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Re: Elixirs in Vanilla

by Aunstic » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:56 pm

Only flasks last through death. Only one flask can be used at a single time.
I believe you can stack Greater Int with Sages still. Maybe not. I just know you can't stack arcane elixir with greater arcane elixir or with the spellpower flask. Breakdown usually goes 1 elixir can gain a stat really.
Aunstic
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by gotmilk0112 » Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:47 am

Yeah, Sages might conflict because it also grants int.

I was just wondering about elixir stacking in general for vanilla. Certainly does make sense that lesser/greater of the same elixir don't flask.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by St0rfan » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:12 pm

On the subject. Does anyone know if Elixir of Giants and Elixir of Mongoose stack?
St0rfan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gazpy » Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:38 pm

actually you can stack effects from Greater arcane potion and Flask of Supreme power, there are even vanilla videos stating this as a stackable consumables, and yes Giants is 25 str whilst Mongoose is 25 agi 2%Crit, but Elixir of Brute force is not stacking with Giants and the stamina part is not stacking with Fortitude, making the pot good only for farming outdoors.
TL;DR you can have 1 drink 1 flask 1 well fed buff at the time + various of potions, Everyflask stacks with anything that gives something alike it, aka Flask of Titans(1200hp) + Elixir of fortitude(120hp) stacks and should, not sure how does the SP flask works now with arcane pots, but it should stack.
Effects that give you the same effect like Elixir of greater agility Scroll of agility and Elixir of mongoose will work like you would have only the elixir of mongoose on yourself as it gives the most of the stat, Int pots dont stack with Arcane intelect, stamina potions with fortitude, Strenght juju with scrolls and Giants elixir, Etc.
Oh my good dog!
Gazpy
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Spiralstatic » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:42 pm

For what it's worth, Juju Might (40 ap) stacks with Elixir of giants.

As a Rogue dps I typically use ;
-mongoose
-Giants
-blessed sun fruit
-juju might
-winter fall firewater
- ground Scorpok assay or roids (both stack with all of the above).

I believe juju might and juju power stack with eachother as well if you want the extra 5 strength juju power offers over elixir of giants (juju power and Giants do not stack).
Spiralstatic
Grunt
Grunt

by Youfie » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:05 pm

Also note that Juju Might & Winterfall Firewater currently stack but they shouldn't.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by levk » Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:46 am

Sages doesn't stack with arcane intellect, so it's useless. There are no rules about what stacks and what doesn't. Unless you find a website with some guy sharing his experiments, it's all trial and error on your part.

The intellect juju doesn't stack with AI either; as a healer your max buffs at the moment are lesser mana oil, nightfin soup, wisdom flask, badlands pot and maybe the greater intellect elixir. But please do let me know if I'm missing anything.

Edit: being a paladin, I forgot about the spirit stuff. There's also the booze from DM increasing spirit.
levk
Tester

by Youfie » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:18 pm

levk wrote:Sages doesn't stack with arcane intellect, so it's useless. There are no rules about what stacks and what doesn't. Unless you find a website with some guy sharing his experiments, it's all trial and error on your part.

The intellect juju doesn't stack with AI either; as a healer your max buffs at the moment are lesser mana oil, nightfin soup, wisdom flask, badlands pot and maybe the greater intellect elixir. But please do let me know if I'm missing anything.

Edit: being a paladin, I forgot about the spirit stuff. There's also the booze from DM increasing spirit.

Greater Intellect doesn't stack with Sages or Arcane Intellect.
Youfie
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aslan » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:29 am

Spirit part should stack but then again not with the priest buff
Scar - Endurance
Aslan - The tales of a Shaman...
Raid streams; As soon as the lag is adjusted (rip)
http://www.twitch.tv/scarnostalrius
Aslan
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes