Class concerns

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Class concerns

by Olindo » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:58 am

At the moment I am leveling both a Warrior and a Rogue, and I am trying to figure out which character to stick it out with. I used to play a Rogue way back in the day, so I have a good idea of how everything plays out with them, but the Warrior I have no idea.

My big concern is how will Warriors perform in PvP by themselves in both BGs and World PvP. I know they are significantly better with a healer as they always have been, but can they handle themselves if you don't have a healer online at the time to follow you around in at least 1v1/2v1? Will BGs be miserable or will I end up being deadweight?

The only other question is on this server how hard would it be to get a group/guild with the plan to tank 5 mans and for raids be a DPS Warrior who can tank fights as needed? Basically a #3 or #4 tank.

Sorry for the jumbled thoughts, I am typing this on mobile before I go to bed. Tried searching but couldn't find answers, maybe I just suck.
Olindo
Tester

Re: Class concerns

by Undertanker » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:25 am

Rogue is better world pvp. Warrior like you said needs a healer so ... you know the rest.

Guilds will/should never turn away a warrior that wants to tank 5 mans in dps spec to raid fury. Not arms. So pvp isnt great till Aq40 gear for fury.

Play what you want, at end game, you will spend more times in instance as a war tanking than you would as a rogue. Also as a tank, you make your own groups, as a rogue you take what you can get.

Money is easy for rogues, tough for warriors.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Crom » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:51 am

The thing about warriors is that you only have 2 gap closers and most times you don't get to use your first one anyway. This makes you ridiculously susceptible to cc. This class was never meant to play solo, at least not in vanilla. The trade-off is that when you get a healer/dispeller at your side you wreck faces as seen in all the omgwtf pvp videos of Pat, Maydie etc which even though made to impress show this exact ambiguity of the class.. So if you want to go exclusively solo, go for rogue which is one of the best solo pvp classes, especially in wpvp. PvPing alone as a warrior will just make you wanna quit after sitting in cc 24/7. That being said, you can always meet good healers in a guild who are willing to roll with you. This is an MMO after all, relationships with players are (or at least should be) mandatory.

About the tanking: in 5mans you won't have a problem really,it's more of a matter of if you are relatively good and can tank adequately rather than the class being supersaturated. In the end everyone needs a good tank and building a relationship with people (again, it's an MMO -people tend to forget that) will give you plenty of opportunities to tank. Raids are kind of another story though and it has to do with your dedication and persistence. Your best bet would be to join a relatively new guild and pave your way with them. That way you will cement your place as the "main" tank of the guild rather than trying to catch-up with an established tank in a mature guild.

tl;dr if you are a antisocial person you are probably better off with the rogue. If you are willing to invest in the game and the players, warriors are mighty fine.
Crom
Grunt
Grunt

by The Shortest Path » Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:21 am

Rogues are even worse than warriors in solo pvp, though? Sure you're great at ganking lowbies but you have no gapclosers at all and can't do dick if you can't stunlock somebody to death, which doesn't work on people equivalently geared to you.

Also melee is a lot worse on this server because of server-side lag fucking up your range. I've had situations where I'm in front of somebody walking ahead of them and still not registering as being caught up to hit them, it's terrible.
The Shortest Path
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 5:14 am

The Shortest Path wrote:I've had situations where I'm in front of somebody walking ahead of them and still not registering as being caught up to hit them, it's terrible.

And I've had times where melee are smacking me from what appears to be ~15 yards away.

:? nost pls
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by vido » Sat Oct 17, 2015 1:52 am

As a warrior you either get engineering and use every possible gimmick out there or simply get rekt by most classes in pvp.
vido
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes