Farming class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Farming class

by gotmilk0112 » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:20 am

Mm, yeah, I suppose. I guess I'm just too stuck on the idea of AoE farming, that and I've got tons of experience with mage, whereas I've never played a hunter in vanilla or BC. Or wrath.

I guess I'll give it a shot. I hear Hunters are the easiest class to level too.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Bioness » Sun Aug 23, 2015 1:29 am

I've only ever been a healer and yet I'm a Warlock on here. I find that trying out different classes and getting a different experience is what keep one drawn to the game.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by koelkast » Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:56 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Bioness wrote:If they "fix" DM North Tribute the hunters will just go back to farming Maraudon. Regardless hunters are the best at farming hands down, this doesn't change until WotLK.

What makes them the "best", though? That's what I'm curious about.

With Mages, you can farm DM East for shitloads of herbs and Living Essence, and you can AoE farm humanoids for shitloads of cloth and greens/blues.

But what do you "farm" on a hunter? Does soloing a few instance bosses really generate that much gold?

Pricecheck Large briljant shard or pricecheck Living essence. There you have your reason why hunters will Always stand out over any other class to farm
koelkast
Grunt
Grunt

by gotmilk0112 » Tue Aug 25, 2015 7:11 pm

koelkast wrote:Pricecheck Large briljant shard or pricecheck Living essence. There you have your reason why hunters will Always stand out over any other class to farm

But DM N isn't soloable anymore, and Mara gear only disenchants to small brilliant?
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ohr » Wed Aug 26, 2015 6:44 am

DM N was ~80g/h, maraudon aint too far at ~40-60g/h. Those are both WITHOUT enchanting.

You can always solo Scholomance. First time i did that made 600g off an epic drop + selling all the items from the bosses I killed + trash loot. I got lucky with the epic drop but I'm sure you can make some cash there too. It's just very annoying and slow since I haven't perfected a farming method for it yet, since I've only been there twice solo.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:59 pm

Ohr wrote:DM N was ~80g/h, maraudon aint too far at ~40-60g/h. Those are both WITHOUT enchanting.

You can always solo Scholomance. First time i did that made 600g off an epic drop + selling all the items from the bosses I killed + trash loot. I got lucky with the epic drop but I'm sure you can make some cash there too. It's just very annoying and slow since I haven't perfected a farming method for it yet, since I've only been there twice solo.

What exactly is "soloable" in Scholo? I'd love to be able to solo farm dark runes for my healer.
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by DrearyYew » Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

I just wanted to note that Priests and Paladins can solo DM E lashers as well. Priests need Holy Nova, and Paladins need Consecrate.

Because of this, Paladin and Priest healers are better at farming than most other dps classes. It's just Shaman and Druids that have a lot of trouble farming as a healer.
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Ohr » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:31 am

gotmilk0112 wrote:What exactly is "soloable" in Scholo? I'd love to be able to solo farm dark runes for my healer.

As a hunter, every single boss except Gandling.
EDIT: Including a partial instance clear. I get around 3-5 dark runes per run.
Ohr
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:19 pm

Ohr wrote:
gotmilk0112 wrote:What exactly is "soloable" in Scholo? I'd love to be able to solo farm dark runes for my healer.

As a hunter, every single boss except Gandling.
EDIT: Including a partial instance clear. I get around 3-5 dark runes per run.

Noice. More incentive to keep leveling my hunter.
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by norm964bgb » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:02 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Bioness wrote:If they "fix" DM North Tribute the hunters will just go back to farming Maraudon. Regardless hunters are the best at farming hands down, this doesn't change until WotLK.

What makes them the "best", though? That's what I'm curious about.

With Mages, you can farm DM East for shitloads of herbs and Living Essence, and you can AoE farm humanoids for shitloads of cloth and greens/blues.

But what do you "farm" on a hunter? Does soloing a few instance bosses really generate that much gold?

Trapping with slowtrap, feign death, aspect of cheetah makes you faster than bosses like ogre boss in DM, concussion shot, pulling crucial groups in DM with pet, then kiting them with pet in the slowtrap saving your pet. So their huge toolkit makes them awesome. Many bosses are stun, root and slowimmune therefore you cant kite them as mage.
norm964bgb
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes