Warlock or mage choice

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Warlock or mage choice

by supahot » Sun Mar 01, 2015 3:26 pm

Hello there.
Before me lies a hard, difficult choice fellow adventures of Alliance.
I must choose between warlock or mage. I mean mages are awfully fun in pvp becouse of kitting the shit out of opponent, but warlocks are great fun too becouse of DoTs and their pets.I want to know what class has more survivability in pvp, it's not boring in pve and overall is more fun to play.
supahot
Tester

Re: Warlock or mage choice

by Garfunkel » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:43 pm

According to the survey, there are more mages than warlocks.
FInd me on: Laureliana - Lauraliana - Lauroliana - Lauruliana - Lauriliana
NELF POWER!
Garfunkel
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheLockKing » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:24 am

Apparently not since Deathknell was FULL of Locks and Rogues.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Kurt » Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:08 am

supahot wrote:Hello there.
I must choose between warlock or mage. I mean mages are awfully fun in pvp becouse of kitting the shit out of opponent, but warlocks are great fun too becouse of DoTs and their pets.I want to know what class has more survivability in pvp, it's not boring in pve and overall is more fun to play.

Opinion: Warlock. I grant Mages are very useful in certain situations, and you'll probably see lots of them in BWL. But, I think Warlocks are a "tad" better across the board. If you're playing Alliance > Mage. If you're playing Horde > Warlock.

GLHF.
Kurt
Private
Private

by Sakuraba » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Reasons for Warlock:
- Overall stronger (with gear)
- Less populated

Reasons for Mage:
- More varied and fun in PVP. Strong possibility to get creative.
- Stronger with weak gear. You could potentially be a real pain in the ass in PVP with mostly green/blue gear.
Sakuraba
Sergeant
Sergeant

by TheLockKing » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:33 pm

Be a warlock since you'll be a Mage that decided to stop sucking.
HORDE
Absyrtus - THE LOCK KING! Orcanite - Warsong Grunt Brahman - The Shaman
Aratoko - Boomkin Piece a' Shit

ALLIANCE
Estrad - Warrior of the World Casamir - That's a Paladin Chryses - Pretty Fly for a Rabbi
Blasius - M. A. G. E.
TheLockKing
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Blackadder » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:38 pm

mage has more survivability in pvp, but an expert warlock is very good too. although warlock needs more gear I think.

In pve both are easy mode (in raids) its just a matter of taste.

I play both and like them equally. They say Warlocks are overpowered at T2,5 T3 level but that is faaaaaar way
Blackadder
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by bellerophon » Wed Mar 04, 2015 4:38 am

I think Mages have a more "fun" play style, but Warlocks are generally cooler. Just compare "Scorch" vs. "Searing Pain," "Pyroblast" vs. "Soul Fire," "Fire Blast" vs. "Conflagrate." They do similar things but the Warlock spells sound much deeper.
bellerophon
Grunt
Grunt

by heyythere » Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:08 pm

Kurt wrote:

Opinion: Warlock. I grant Mages are very useful in certain situations, and you'll probably see lots of them in BWL. But, I think Warlocks are a "tad" better across the board. If you're playing Alliance > Mage. If you're playing Horde > Warlock.

GLHF.

Why would you play mage as alliance? Shamans will eat mages up, i would say you take out two of your weaknesses by playing a mage undead, so you wont see shamans and wont lose to locks.
heyythere
Tester

by DrearyYew » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:56 pm

Nice necro
Dreary - Human "Needs No Mana" Holy Paladin
DrearyYew
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes