What are the best classes & specs for each different role?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: What are the best classes & specs for each different rol

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:57 am

I have heard this issue lean so many different ways it becomes ridiculous. Generally when the discussion focuses on threat per second I hear all sorts of mana-intensive abilities being used and when it leans to mana issues I always hear how somehow no abilities are really necessary to maintain aggro as a Paladin. If we're talking momentary AoE tanking and not main tanking, however, I could see using Greater Stoneshield Potion while unloading abilities.

Even with stoneshield potions while maintanking and somehow not losing threat, a Paladin still does not have a good solution for uncrushability and the lack of oh shit buttons remains apparent.
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:58 am

Aethelwulf wrote:you know nothing about paladins john snow.

now tell us how warriors have problems with rage when they get more gear.
i heard they start with 0 rage .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by justclassic » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:00 am

smilkovpetko wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:I'll have to disagree there. I'm afraid my last post is not much proof of anything, other than that fact that superior threat generation is important.

Superior mitigation and "oh shit" buttons are also important to a tanking discussion, of course, but in that matter we have already decidedly concluded that a Warrior is superior, in matters of uncrushability, armor potions (the paladin must use mana pots), as well as the use of Last Stand and Lifegiving Gem for Warriors.

:D :D :D while tanking Boss i never use Mana potion , and i use Armor Potions.
and i never oom.

Going max threat and not going OOM over the course of a 3min fight is highly unlikely. Didn't we have that numbers allready in the other thread. It would be around 18k mana needed and that was calculated without holy shield.

How the heck do you intend to not go OOM if you can't manapot as you tanks use armor potion and while using tankgear with Def rating which rarely or never contains any intellect leaving you with a quite small manapool ?

Also I think warriors can easily outaggro a Paladin (if they have enough rage which they should vs bosses ) but I'm gonna come up with some numbers when I find the time. Up till then I'm fine with saying they might be on par or the paladin might even be ahead. Dunno time will tell.

P.s. you keep talking about spell power as a tank. But you only mean flask, elixir, oil, weapon enchant and weapon which contain spell power ? Just want to clarify before I start calculating anything
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ana » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:48 am

smilkovpetko wrote:now tell us how warriors have problems with rage when they get more gear.

They get hit twice and are rage capped until the end of the fight.
Onyxia is pretty much the only exception
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:32 pm

justclassic wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:I'll have to disagree there. I'm afraid my last post is not much proof of anything, other than that fact that superior threat generation is important.

Superior mitigation and "oh shit" buttons are also important to a tanking discussion, of course, but in that matter we have already decidedly concluded that a Warrior is superior, in matters of uncrushability, armor potions (the paladin must use mana pots), as well as the use of Last Stand and Lifegiving Gem for Warriors.

:D :D :D while tanking Boss i never use Mana potion , and i use Armor Potions.
and i never oom.

Going max threat and not going OOM over the course of a 3min fight is highly unlikely. Didn't we have that numbers allready in the other thread. It would be around 18k mana needed and that was calculated without holy shield.

How the heck do you intend to not go OOM if you can't manapot as you tanks use armor potion and while using tankgear with Def rating which rarely or never contains any intellect leaving you with a quite small manapool ?

Also I think warriors can easily outaggro a Paladin (if they have enough rage which they should vs bosses ) but I'm gonna come up with some numbers when I find the time. Up till then I'm fine with saying they might be on par or the paladin might even be ahead. Dunno time will tell.

P.s. you keep talking about spell power as a tank. But you only mean flask, elixir, oil, weapon enchant and weapon which contain spell power ? Just want to clarify before I start calculating anything

i don't talk about spell damage flask , i talk about spell damage weapon + spell damage enchant + wizard oil + greater arcane elixir .

now tell me how did you calculated that i will oom ?! on what boss fight do you specify this ? and how much will be the aggro ?

i always use judgement of the crusade.

Did you ever had any calculations with "judgement of wisdom on target" , Blessing of Wisdom , Fish "mana regen" buff on me ?!.

And the consumes that i start with Plenty mana .
Also the "basic mana regen" when not casting spells .
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by smilkovpetko » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:34 pm

Ana wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:now tell us how warriors have problems with rage when they get more gear.

They get hit twice and are rage capped until the end of the fight.
Onyxia is pretty much the only exception

if they don't waste it that mean they don't even do the 700 tps as it was mention.

in order to do that 700 tps they have to spam like nerds , unfortunately no boss can twice hit Warrior tank each second and Boss hits perhaps each 3-4 seconds.

there was already duel that i did with another warrior in max aggro challenge .

me as preraid gear did 33k threats , while he did as full very bis gear 36k threats.

if i was very bis gear this 36k threats would been cake to pass since i gain far more than 33k when i use better gear easily due to block, strength and spell damage increase.

if you played warsong feenix you would know who is snelf.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ana » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:05 pm

You generate rage from auto attacks too, you know
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:26 pm

Ana wrote:You generate rage from auto attacks too, you know

still if they don't waste it that mean they don't even do the 700 tps as it was mention.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Ana » Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:44 am

Ok I'm going to write it as simple as humanly possible, maybe it gets through:

Warrior tanks in raids spam their threat generating abilities on cooldown and they don't run out of rage.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:47 am

Ana wrote:Ok I'm going to write it as simple as humanly possible, maybe it gets through:

Warrior tanks in raids spam their threat generating abilities on cooldown and they don't run out of rage.

not always and not everyone .

I would like to see evidence that someone is actually spamming abilities on CD and doing 700 TPS.

Give me Video.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes