What are the best classes & specs for each different role?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: What are the best classes & specs for each different rol

by Killstick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:07 am

Does it even matter if you could make 10000000 TPS? As long as you hold the fakking agro and the boss goes down its ok?

Blizzard designed the whole of Vanilla around warriors tanking and paladin's being healers (check Tier sets). So I'm willing to bet my life that all of the content can be tanked by a warrior. Especially since Horde doesn't have palas in Vanilla.
Of course there will be some cases in which a paladin or druid are better in terms of speed. But it isn't always to gear them or to have them along for the whole instance run in that spec.

So should we /spit on pala tanks; no. Are paladins better than warriors in every aspect? no. At the end of the day its up to the raidleader to decide what to do. Please don't tell me we have to rename each topic like " What are the second best classes and specs for each different roles cause pala es #1?" To prevent this landslide of pala theorycraft.

Agree to disagree. Grow the fuck up.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:41 am

Killstick wrote:Does it even matter if you could make 10000000 TPS? As long as you hold the fakking agro and the boss goes down its ok?

Blizzard designed the whole of Vanilla around warriors tanking and paladin's being healers (check Tier sets). So I'm willing to bet my life that all of the content can be tanked by a warrior. Especially since Horde doesn't have palas in Vanilla.
Of course there will be some cases in which a paladin or druid are better in terms of speed. But it isn't always to gear them or to have them along for the whole instance run in that spec.

So should we /spit on pala tanks; no. Are paladins better than warriors in every aspect? no. At the end of the day its up to the raidleader to decide what to do. Please don't tell me we have to rename each topic like " What are the second best classes and specs for each different roles cause pala es #1?" To prevent this landslide of pala theorycraft.

Agree to disagree. Grow the fuck up.

If Paladins were made for Healers only ? Why then there is Protection Spec?

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 8017_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 0711_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 6300_o.jpg

https://scontent-vie1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hp ... 7949_o.jpg

why then i tank all the Bosses as Paladin ?
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Killstick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:03 pm

The raids were designed around a warrior tanking. I didn't say only a warrior can tank them. I also said paladins were designed as healers (towards raid encounters). When they were testing this on PTR themselves im pretty sure they always had a warrior tank. So a warrior tank can be used to clear all content. So in short; paladin tank is an option not a necessaty. Since Blizzard designed the encounters around mainly warrior tanks its easier to gear them etc. Which in turn doesn't save a guild only minutes on a BWL run but can save them hours/weeks in progression.

I also said that overkill on threat doesn't make any difference if it doesnt make you lose agro.

Like i said; its up to the raidleader. I get a feeling that you are more upset that noone is giving you the chance to play the style you want. But you cannot force your will upon 39 other people.

These kind of responses where you turn my neutral response into some sort of threat towards you isn't helping you prove your point. You really need to get rid of that "me against the world" mentality. You are playing an MMORPG and you take very comment as an attack. Combining those 2 you will always get a shitstorm. It seems like you enjoy AoE tanking this forum as much as you like AoE tanking ingame.

I'm all for theorycrafting. But there is a point where this stuff becomes irrelevant.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:24 pm

Killstick wrote:The raids were designed around a warrior tanking. I didn't say only a warrior can tank them. I also said paladins were designed as healers (towards raid encounters). When they were testing this on PTR themselves im pretty sure they always had a warrior tank. So a warrior tank can be used to clear all content. So in short; paladin tank is an option not a necessaty. Since Blizzard designed the encounters around mainly warrior tanks its easier to gear them etc. Which in turn doesn't save a guild only minutes on a BWL run but can save them hours/weeks in progression.

I also said that overkill on threat doesn't make any difference if it doesnt make you lose agro.

Like i said; its up to the raidleader. I get a feeling that you are more upset that noone is giving you the chance to play the style you want. But you cannot force your will upon 39 other people.

These kind of responses where you turn my neutral response into some sort of threat towards you isn't helping you prove your point. You really need to get rid of that "me against the world" mentality. You are playing an MMORPG and you take very comment as an attack. Combining those 2 you will always get a shitstorm. It seems like you enjoy AoE tanking this forum as much as you like AoE tanking ingame.

I'm all for theorycrafting. But there is a point where this stuff becomes irrelevant.

The raids were designed around a warrior tanking.

That's why "Melee" Twin in AQ40 is made to be Immune to all Spell School but not toward Holy! This mean that Blizzard also did work in order Paladins to be able to Tank and were meant to be Tank. The reason why we have Protection Spec with Surviving and Threats Mechanic means that we are meant to be Tanks . Meanwhile T1 in pre 1.9 Patch were meant for Paladin Tank too since it's stats were giving Block.

Later the Gear was Replaced since we could obtain Offset Tanking Gear which has quality of T2.5 and T3 Raids.

I also said paladins were designed as healers (towards raid encounters).

Not true at all , they was "called" most terrible Healers in Vanilla either but doesn't mean they was.

So in short; paladin tank is an option not a necessaty

Also Warriors are Option and not necessaty . Druids and Paladins can even do the Job instead of Warrior.

I am not upset , nor i am getting denied into Raids . Screenshots are Evidence that i was in Raid and did the Hardest Bosses that any Tank can do . I am just opposing the false Preachers that preach regarding Protection Paladins and clearly they have no clue how they work , same as you skyrock with this false preaching without Evidence .

You really need to get rid of that "me against the world" mentality.

Nor me nor the world is against me . The Topic is not regarding me or you . The Topic is regarding Paladins Tanks.

If you are all for theorycrafting then give us Theory and not Preaching regarding something that you have never experienced neither tested by yourself and talking "what Preachers said" .
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Killstick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 1:17 pm

Boy you sure know how to take the fun out of stuff.

I am saying that paladin can tank. But if raids were designed around paladin tank horde wouldn't be able to clear them. That's what i mean. I'm not saying that paladins can't tank the same stuff. I'm just saying that i know 100% sure that if there are only warrior tanks, we can clear all content.

Can you gear a paladin tank without ever having a warrior tank for you? If so warriors are optional aswel for alliance.

You had this same arguement on other private servers and now here again. Guess what the constant factor is? It's you. How's that for evidence or theory. I'm agreeing with you on some parts just not with the way you post your stuff and you keep going on the defensive.

It may be that your english is not the best that you often don't get little differences in meaning. But then again, i blame your nature for taking every misunderstanding as an attack.

But whatever you are in a raid, no other paladins in this thread are making this much noise so why isn't everybody happy?
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:37 pm

Killstick wrote:Boy you sure know how to take the fun out of stuff.

I am saying that paladin can tank. But if raids were designed around paladin tank horde wouldn't be able to clear them. That's what i mean. I'm not saying that paladins can't tank the same stuff. I'm just saying that i know 100% sure that if there are only warrior tanks, we can clear all content.

Can you gear a paladin tank without ever having a warrior tank for you? If so warriors are optional aswel for alliance.

You had this same arguement on other private servers and now here again. Guess what the constant factor is? It's you. How's that for evidence or theory. I'm agreeing with you on some parts just not with the way you post your stuff and you keep going on the defensive.

It may be that your english is not the best that you often don't get little differences in meaning. But then again, i blame your nature for taking every misunderstanding as an attack.

But whatever you are in a raid, no other paladins in this thread are making this much noise so why isn't everybody happy?

But if raids were designed around paladin tank horde wouldn't be able to clear them.

The raids are not designed for specific Tank , neither they ever been designed for specific tank. They are designed for All Tanks which in the list are : Paladin ,Druid ,Warrior . Any of those tanks can do the job no matter what or in which way.

Can you gear a paladin tank without [u]ever having a warrior tank for you?[/u]

Yes any Paladin Tank can be geared without any Warrior Tank.

You had this same arguement on other private servers and now here again. Guess what the constant factor is? It's you. How's that for evidence or theory.

Problem as i said , is not me and neither any specific person . Problem is Preachers talking false information regarding our Class Spec where they have 0 knowledge about it , neither they have tank anything in their life with that or failed badly trying .

I don't take anything as an attack , i just give the arguments and different point of view from player that have been playing Protection Paladin over 10 Years including Vanilla Retail , so i deny the false prophecy the Preachers that are trying to lead people into wrong directions with "excuses" without evidence .

The Forum is "average" visited by 400-500 People , while in Game you have "average" 4000 - 5000 Players (or even more) .

Not everyone is talking or using the forum and 90% of those doesn't disturb with forums.
Another thing , not many bother to try and prove this false Preachers like you that deny whatever someone give as Evidence.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by JCarrill0 » Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 am

/cast Redemption

smilkovpetko wrote: Can you gear a paladin tank without [u]ever having a warrior tank for you?

Ok duki, here is a challenge, Clear one MC without any warriors tanking it.

I think that was the point so I challenge you to clear a MC raid without any Warriors tanking. This should be fairly easy.

after that, your next challenge will be to clear.. BWL without any warriors tanking it.
(you might run into trouble for this since each dragon request Taunting, but I'm sure you'll manage).

Oh and Duki, this is no mocking Challenge, I want to see you accept and become victories in this challenge.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Sat Mar 19, 2016 9:26 am

JCarrill0 wrote:/cast Redemption

smilkovpetko wrote: Can you gear a paladin tank without [u]ever having a warrior tank for you?

Ok duki, here is a challenge, Clear one MC without any warriors tanking it.

I think that was the point so I challenge you to clear a MC raid without any Warriors tanking. This should be fairly easy.

after that, your next challenge will be to clear.. BWL without any warriors tanking it.
(you might run into trouble for this since each dragon request Taunting, but I'm sure you'll manage).

Oh and Duki, this is no mocking Challenge, I want to see you accept and become victories in this challenge.

you know Druids can replace Warriors , i don't need to prove it myself that . And druids are highly Viable as "Taunt" backup .

regarding Dragons =
Firemaw : pull as Paladin Tank , Tank em 15 Seconds , build aggro , Druid come and taunt last 15 Seconds and soak wing buffed , Boss is automatically on Paladin again after that(from his previous aggro) .

other 2 dragons are similar story , Paladin MT all the time and druids only "Taunt" to soak Wing Buffet.

not a big deal right. Paladin will never loose aggro as he never soak Wing Buffet .

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Firemaw
Wing Buffet: Knocks back the target, doing damage and reducing aggro.
In a perfect kill the MT will never take a buffet and will be able to keep ahead of aggro,

His knockbacks (Wing Buffet:) are about 30–35 seconds apart,

that's been said , i am not here to "play challenge" and go full druids raid , but point is that we don't need warrior in order to gear up.

And with 1 Druid supporting i can MT any boss in any raid.

If the Druid is skilled and proper spec, he is perfect combination with Prot Paladin
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Dr. Doom » Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:15 am

In my mind the standard 5 man set up is a prot warrior, a priest healer and 3 mages. Prot warrior being the standard go-to tank, priest healer being the standard go to-healer, and mage being the most reliable dps with the combination of: Grade A DPS ; easy to use and applicable to most mobs CC, decurse (which the priest can't do) and low threat.

Obviously the ideal set-up changes from instance to instance and even from boss to boss. Elemental/Demon heavy areas make warlocks great, undead instances are a boon to paladins as well as hunters (still dishing out DPS while trapping).

Classes that bring 0 utility like combat rogues (can't even sap) or fury warriors are the go-to choice in raids though. A truckload of damage + 0 utility is what they're all about. Which works so long as there are a few people doing the support tasks.
Dr. Doom
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Ana » Sat Mar 19, 2016 2:40 pm

Rogue no utility? You realise he has more hard CC than all the other classes combined?

Well okay, that's a fat exaggaration, but still...

JCarrillo wrote:Ok duki, here is a challenge, Clear one MC without any warriors tanking it.

Hey, I'd like to see that. Using druids is cheating though, they're basically fat warriors without defcap.
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes