About tanking and PvP

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

About tanking and PvP

by Shadowtrail » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:35 pm

So I want to tank endgame and pvp but I've been hearing warriors aren't that great in pvp without gear. Would a paladin or druid be a viable tank and better off in pvp? Should I just tough it out with a warrior?
Shadowtrail
Tester

Re: About tanking and PvP

by Undertanker » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:13 pm

Depends on the PVP you want to do.

Warrior - You will CARRY an AV as a good tank. I am 27 - 3 in AVs, and can easily break a turtle popping tank cds and pushing through there line 30 yards deep to silence, stun, fear the healers.

Pally tanking is limited to AoE and off tanking until Deathbone item update 1.11. If AB is your preference, they are good here, as they can defend aa point for a long time.

Druid tanking is limited to off tanking aoe tanking and bosses that crowd control tank or do majority magic damage due to the inability to push crushing blows off table. They are best flag carriers for WSG.

This information should help your decision.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Shadowtrail » Wed Sep 23, 2015 4:27 pm

OK cool thanks for the reply. I think I'll just stick with warrior then since I like it the most anyways. Druid was my 2nd choice so maybe I'll make one later.
Shadowtrail
Tester

by Armilus » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:55 pm

Druid can tank 5mans just fine if they are feral spec and have decent pre-raid gear. There is some feral tank gear in MC and BWL but not nearly enough so they fall way behind warriors in raid tanking.

It really depends on your goals. If you want to tank end game (as in, raids) then you really need to go warrior as feral tanks are very rare in raids. If you just want to tank 5 mans, UBRS and ZG/AQ20, then druid is perfectly capable.

For PvP, warriors are way more effective with good gear and in a group. Druids can be really difficult to kill 1v1 and are the best flag carriers in WSG by far (especially feral druid). In groups druids are still effective because they can heal.

Oh and if you are tanking end-game raids, then gear shouldn't be an issue for a warrior. You might not have the best possible PvP gear, but PvE gear is not too far off.

Edit: Also, I agree with what undertanker said, just adding on to it.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

Return to Mechanics and classes