Druid or Warlock?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Druid or Warlock?

by Datruth » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:22 pm

DAANHHH wrote:
Setup wrote:Take it from someone with about 10,000 hours of vanilla WoW experience, who has grinded rank 11+ about 5 times, they're bad.

Then how is everyone 2 shotting people with them then if i may ask?

DAANHHH wrote:It is just too hard to find a answer when everyone says something else and when youtube shows ferals doing good in wpvp.

Dude no, druids are not 2 shotting anything, in fact the only class with worse 2 shotting abilities than druids is priests.
You clearly like druids, but try to accept answers when they are being given to you.

Druids only excell at two things. Flagcarrying in BGs and bringing utility to raids as a healers with innervate, combat ress and buffs.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Arucado » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:40 pm

Feral is a bunch of crap in vanilla. A leveling class.

It's like talk about retardin. Can be used in pvp? Yes why not. Are they useful for a team? Not really, i'd like dozen times more Shamans, sp, mages, warlocks, warriors or healers.

Feral is just a bother in pvp
Arucado
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:17 pm

Setup wrote:

This doesn't say anything other than Druids are not as popular as some other healing classes.
It's not a very big sample size, either.

To answer the OP's question, Druids have a lot more self healing - both classes have a different play-style so see which one you like better & go with it, the most fun wins!
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:07 pm

This doesn't say anything other than Druids are not as popular as some other healing classes.

Incorrect, sir. It's true that there will be fewer druids on the list because it's a less popular class, but not that many fewer. Druids are about 60% as popular as priests on both factions, so you'd anticipate there to be roughly 6 druids for every 10 priests. (There's not.)

The "sample size" is not small, it's actually composed of the entire raiding realm that collects raidstats information, IE almost every guild. If you'd like to look further down the list, say, towards the top 200, there will be just as few druids. Don't take my word for it, get off your lazy ass and go look (that's how you figure out things in life.)

Druids are under-represented on the list because they're shitty healers til they get oodles of end-game gear.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:17 pm

ps. Here's what druid representation looks like when you have naxx gear.

This is from Feenix Warsong, but I assure you druids are no more popular there than they are here. :)
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Norjak » Fri Sep 25, 2015 5:55 pm

Setup wrote:

Incorrect, sir. It's true that there will be fewer druids on the list because it's a less popular class, but not that many fewer. Druids are about 60% as popular as priests on both factions, so you'd anticipate there to be roughly 6 druids for every 10 priests. (There's not.)

The "sample size" is not small, it's actually composed of the entire raiding realm that collects raidstats information, IE almost every guild. If you'd like to look further down the list, say, towards the top 200, there will be just as few druids. Don't take my word for it, get off your lazy ass and go look (that's how you figure out things in life.)

Druids are under-represented on the list because they're shitty healers til they get oodles of end-game gear.

I get what you're trying to say, but a single guild run with 2 Druids says more about individual players (and possibly their skill) than the supposed strength of the class. You might be right but the data you're presenting doesn't demonstrate that because the amount of data is too small to draw any real conclusion.
Saying that Druids are "shitty healers" doesn't help make your point...it says more about you than anything else.
Norjak
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Doofoos » Fri Sep 25, 2015 6:38 pm

Erm ... why average hps in Naxx is lower than average hps in MC? O_O
You can't assert that druids are shitty healers, it's a nonsense and depends on gear, skill, build and situation.
In our raid we have druids in the back rows, in the centre of healers meter, and one of them taking n1 position everytime he joined our raid, leaving geared priests and shamans behind.
We MIGHT say that oomkin\feral\ret\enh\elem is a shitty damagers in general (it does require a lot of efforts to be in top5-10 dps), but we can't say the same about resto druids, because it's not true.
Doofhoof - Tauren Druid - <KGB>
Doofoos
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by DAANHHH » Fri Sep 25, 2015 9:27 pm

Datruth wrote:
DAANHHH wrote:
Setup wrote:Take it from someone with about 10,000 hours of vanilla WoW experience, who has grinded rank 11+ about 5 times, they're bad.

Then how is everyone 2 shotting people with them then if i may ask?

DAANHHH wrote:It is just too hard to find a answer when everyone says something else and when youtube shows ferals doing good in wpvp.

Dude no, druids are not 2 shotting anything, in fact the only class with worse 2 shotting abilities than druids is priests.
You clearly like druids, but try to accept answers when they are being given to you.

Druids only excell at two things. Flagcarrying in BGs and bringing utility to raids as a healers with innervate, combat ress and buffs.

Then explain this please, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc

Watch the whole thing please btw as the footage later in the vid is a it better and its just 3 mins. 1:44 and 1:33 are perfect examples of what i mean.
DAANHHH
Private
Private

by Bioness » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:47 am

DAANHHH wrote:Then explain this please, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc

Can you please explain that horrible music?

That video proves nothing by the way.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Datruth » Sat Sep 26, 2015 12:57 am

DAANHHH wrote:
Datruth wrote:Druids only excell at two things. Flagcarrying in BGs and bringing utility to raids as a healers with innervate, combat ress and buffs.

Then explain this please, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc

Watch the whole thing please btw as the footage later in the vid is a it better and its just 3 mins. 1:44 and 1:33 are perfect examples of what i mean.

I'm not here to argue with you, you asked for advice and it was given to you.
Frankly I don't care if you choose to play druid and end up sorely disappointed when you can't 2 shot people.

the first mage was at 50% hp, Mage armor, PvE gear and no iceblock, mana shield or ice barrier.
the second one got shit gear (for pve aswell), no reactions, no iceblock, mana shield or ice barrier.
Literally any class could 2 shot them with priests as the only exception.
Datruth
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes