Druid or Warlock?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Druid or Warlock?

by DAANHHH » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:36 am

I am sorry if i have sounded rude i didnt mean it that way, how is the deal with being a lock on alliance then? does WOTF really matter THAT much as that it is gamebreaking? if it is as strong as human racial on live which it sounds like it doesnt seem that much OP or is it the fact rogues can 1 shot you in a stunlock faster?
DAANHHH
Private
Private

by Lefeu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:49 am

Druids are a lot of fun in pvp. Would roll one every day if I had the time. Not very super feral tho. Druids got a place in pve. Not as much fun. Would not roll one for that. Wouldn't roll a warlock for pve either. Pvp? Ye, cool and fun. Frost dk would be cool with stealth. And that's what they're building the teleporter for. Will be awesome.
Industrial level of helpful trolling since 2015.
Lefeu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DAANHHH » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:10 am

Lefeu wrote:Druids are a lot of fun in pvp. Would roll one every day if I had the time. Not very super feral tho. Druids got a place in pve. Not as much fun. Would not roll one for that. Wouldn't roll a warlock for pve either. Pvp? Ye, cool and fun. Frost dk would be cool with stealth. And that's what they're building the teleporter for. Will be awesome.

Frost DK with stealth xD? And what about WOTF?
DAANHHH
Private
Private

by Lefeu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 5:44 am

DAANHHH wrote:
Lefeu wrote:Druids are a lot of fun in pvp. Would roll one every day if I had the time. Not very super feral tho. Druids got a place in pve. Not as much fun. Would not roll one for that. Wouldn't roll a warlock for pve either. Pvp? Ye, cool and fun. Frost dk would be cool with stealth. And that's what they're building the teleporter for. Will be awesome.

Undead dks will have wotf always activated. I have seen it!

For what it's worth: I think both druids and warlocks are very fun in pvp. Not so much in pve. A 0/30/21 druid is awesome and can fill lotsa rolls. Jack of all trades. Master of none. I would recommend it to anyone who want to be something more. Just more.
Lefeu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DAANHHH » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:15 am

Lefeu wrote:
DAANHHH wrote:

Undead dks will have wotf always activated. I have seen it!

For what it's worth: I think both druids and warlocks are very fun in pvp. Not so much in pve. A 0/30/21 druid is awesome and can fill lotsa rolls. Jack of all trades. Master of none. I would recommend it to anyone who want to be something more. Just more.

I was looking more at a 11/35/5 for feral druid and a 20/31/0 for warlock both pvp. I am also looking how good they both are and i am happy with viable but everyone says feral is bad.
DAANHHH
Private
Private

by Lefeu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:41 am

I think a druids strengths is the hybrid nature. 11/35/5 is all out feral and not my cup of tea. If I would go anywhere I'd go resto with feral charge. But I lean more to the healing side. If you wanna do great damage only the druid will be kinda meh.
Lefeu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by DAANHHH » Sat Sep 26, 2015 6:54 am

Lefeu wrote:I think a druids strengths is the hybrid nature. 11/35/5 is all out feral and not my cup of tea. If I would go anywhere I'd go resto with feral charge. But I lean more to the healing side. If you wanna do great damage only the druid will be kinda meh.

I want to do damage and sustain myself with healing kind of, i mean if i wont kill people that fast i can atleast outlast them i hoped. I am also only pvp.
DAANHHH
Private
Private

by Lefeu » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:41 am

Well, the specs are some damage vs healing. I think nature's swiftness is a big thing in pvp and totally worth it. But we don't all agree on that. And with 21 in resto you can go all out healzorz pretty well with just some gear swap.
Lefeu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Noselacri » Sat Sep 26, 2015 8:57 am

DAANHHH wrote:I am sorry if i have sounded rude i didnt mean it that way, how is the deal with being a lock on alliance then? does WOTF really matter THAT much as that it is gamebreaking? if it is as strong as human racial on live which it sounds like it doesnt seem that much OP or is it the fact rogues can 1 shot you in a stunlock faster?

It's a pretty big deal. Like imagine living in a world where most horde have an extra trinket slot with a PvP trinket (on a 2m cooldown instead of the actual PvP trinket's 5m) that they're saving just for you. Some people will try to claim that it's not that important, but it is. Think of it like this:

PvP trinket is great, right? Most players use it in BGs. It's a huge boost to your PvP performance. It's not some tiny, insignificant thing that you can forgo without any consequence, it's a key part of optimizing yourself for PvP. Anytime you get to use your trinket to counter someone's CC, your chance of winning/surviving skyrockets.

WOTF is an extra trinket. From the warlock's perspective, it's actually way better than trinket because in addition the much shorter cooldown, WOTF doesn't get used on things like stuns and sheeps. Everybody who has this "trinket" always saves it for a fear, so this ability's value is even greater than that of the PvP trinket as far as enemy warlocks are concerned.

So think of it like this: is PvP trinket good against the classes to whom it applies? Yes. And WOTF is way, way better than that against warlocks.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by DAANHHH » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:50 am

Noselacri wrote:
DAANHHH wrote:I am sorry if i have sounded rude i didnt mean it that way, how is the deal with being a lock on alliance then? does WOTF really matter THAT much as that it is gamebreaking? if it is as strong as human racial on live which it sounds like it doesnt seem that much OP or is it the fact rogues can 1 shot you in a stunlock faster?

It's a pretty big deal. Like imagine living in a world where most horde have an extra trinket slot with a PvP trinket (on a 2m cooldown instead of the actual PvP trinket's 5m) that they're saving just for you. Some people will try to claim that it's not that important, but it is. Think of it like this:

PvP trinket is great, right? Most players use it in BGs. It's a huge boost to your PvP performance. It's not some tiny, insignificant thing that you can forgo without any consequence, it's a key part of optimizing yourself for PvP. Anytime you get to use your trinket to counter someone's CC, your chance of winning/surviving skyrockets.

WOTF is an extra trinket. From the warlock's perspective, it's actually way better than trinket because in addition the much shorter cooldown, WOTF doesn't get used on things like stuns and sheeps. Everybody who has this "trinket" always saves it for a fear, so this ability's value is even greater than that of the PvP trinket as far as enemy warlocks are concerned.

So think of it like this: is PvP trinket good against the classes to whom it applies? Yes. And WOTF is way, way better than that against warlocks.

So how am i supposed to play warlock pvp vs the horde who is 50% undet.race then?
DAANHHH
Private
Private

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes