PvP Feral - Is there any class I simply cannot beat in a 1v1

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: PvP Feral - Is there any class I simply cannot beat in a

by gotmilk0112 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:14 am

Setup wrote:Actually, after you get enough gear, even fear becomes a waste of a GCD. You can just 1-2 shot anyone with shadowbolts as a BIS SM/Ruin warlock.

And I mean anyone.

So that line about "You should be able to kill someone, with a ten-thousand-damage shadowbolt crit" isn't just an exaggerated jab at how OP warlocks are in 1v1?

dayum
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Setup » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:17 am

gotmilk0112 wrote:
Setup wrote:Actually, after you get enough gear, even fear becomes a waste of a GCD. You can just 1-2 shot anyone with shadowbolts as a BIS SM/Ruin warlock.

And I mean anyone.

So that line about "You should be able to kill someone, with a ten-thousand-damage shadowbolt crit" isn't just an exaggerated jab at how OP warlocks are in 1v1?

dayum

Have a random crit from my screenshot folder to demonstrate.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by gotmilk0112 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 4:21 am

Setup wrote:Image

knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Drain » Sat Sep 26, 2015 7:30 am

I like it when Druids try to Feral dps my Hunter. I love the Raptor Strike crits on that useless cat form. Granted I chop down plenty of Warriors and Rogues, but with them it's dangerous and unreliable. Ferals though, they're such a joke. I'm honestly more afraid of the Moonkins. Moonkin=plate armor, magic damage, and Moonfire spam alone is probably going to do me in. If they don't run dry from Viper Sting first, I'm probably screwed. Luckily, no one runs this build. 99% of the Druids is a derp Feral, which means they either do no damage in bear form, or die instantly in cat form.
R I P: Untoten(29d, 12h), Schuss(54d, 10h), Bluten(27d, 8h), Angst(9d, 11h), Zauber(23d, 5h)
Retired from the Nost forums. Moved to Elysium. https://forum.elysium-project.org/index ... user=45003
Drain
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Mage21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:21 am

Ferals can beat all melees due to their great kiting skills, but then most of your dmg will come from ranged spells anyway.

Hunters got scarebeat.
Rest got flashbomb... Druids are great fc and good in raids for their buff, nothing Else.. Sadly
Mage21
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Finalflash » Sat Sep 26, 2015 2:03 pm

Mage21 wrote:Rest got flashbomb...

which literally nobody uses.

feral is fine, you'll have some issues with hunters, shadow priests, soul link warlocks and elemental shamans, but everything else is ezy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc <---- me with 14/31/6 build and rank 10 gear

nice gimmick shit: limited invulnerability pot, free action pot, restorative pot, engineering reflectors, tidal charm, glimmering mithril insignia(30 sec fear immunity), iron grenade, pvp trinket(druids is op as shit), discombobulator ray and rocket helm.

rocket helm vs shadow priests for safe innervate + healing and restealth.
rocket helm vs fel hunter for ^
pvp trinket + rocket helm vs rogues to interrupt cc chain.
entangling roots vs shaman to run out of shock/purge range for healing + restealthing.

most stuff i can think of atm!!! happy hunting :3 !!!!!
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheNIF » Mon Sep 28, 2015 8:33 am

Finalflash wrote:
Mage21 wrote:Rest got flashbomb...

which literally nobody uses.

feral is fine, you'll have some issues with hunters, shadow priests, soul link warlocks and elemental shamans, but everything else is ezy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23Jo-Bc <---- me with 14/31/6 build and rank 10 gear

nice gimmick shit: limited invulnerability pot, free action pot, restorative pot, engineering reflectors, tidal charm, glimmering mithril insignia(30 sec fear immunity), iron grenade, pvp trinket(druids is op as shit), discombobulator ray and rocket helm.

rocket helm vs shadow priests for safe innervate + healing and restealth.
rocket helm vs fel hunter for ^
pvp trinket + rocket helm vs rogues to interrupt cc chain.
entangling roots vs shaman to run out of shock/purge range for healing + restealthing.

most stuff i can think of atm!!! happy hunting :3 !!!!!

Then the question becomes: Can druids drowning in gimmick engineering gear and all sorts of pots beat morons? Yeah. What if the morons have all the same silly crap? Then the druid usually dies.

Farming mages is fun though and if you can get a good Ravage opener on a drinking one all the better. And feral druids can usually beat warriors and rogues too, occasionally hunters, but other than that, only if you outgear/outskill/theydon'thavecooldownsready other classes.

I once won a battle with a shadowpriest because I resisted fear and he didn't bother going shadowform. That's how you beat shadow priests and the only way it can happen outside of "I have all these gadgets I need to use to beat you".

Feral druid is fun to play, but you're usually not going to be the one raping shit left and right. You're mostly there to piss off mages that can't CC you and cast roots and fearie fire on warriors and rogues.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Finalflash » Mon Sep 28, 2015 9:50 am

TheNIF wrote:Feral druid is fun to play, but you're usually not going to be the one raping shit left and right. You're mostly there to piss off mages that can't CC you and cast roots and fearie fire on warriors and rogues.

It depends on how you gear, if you go 14/31/6 and go full feral gear your dmg will be at rape lvl.
Crit is the best pvp stat, aim for 25-30%, use +9 dmg enchant and dense weightstone(+8 dmg enchant).
If you don't get bigger crits then a sub rogue with bis dagger you have failed. I still had 4 resto pieces when i frapsed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23J ... tu.be&t=39

I mostly wpvp though(especially in stm) :shock:
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheNIF » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:08 am

Finalflash wrote:
TheNIF wrote:Feral druid is fun to play, but you're usually not going to be the one raping shit left and right. You're mostly there to piss off mages that can't CC you and cast roots and fearie fire on warriors and rogues.

It depends on how you gear, if you go 14/31/6 and go full feral gear your dmg will be at rape lvl.
Crit is the best pvp stat, aim for 25-30%, use +9 dmg enchant and dense weightstone(+8 dmg enchant).
If you don't get bigger crits then a sub rogue with bis dagger you have failed. I still had 4 resto pieces when i frapsed https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uQs23J ... tu.be&t=39

I mostly wpvp though(especially in stm) :shock:

Why 6 in resto, what do you get for that one extra talent point? A point in enrage for quick +5 rage?

What's your feral tree like, do you take brutal impact?
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Finalflash » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:28 am

TheNIF wrote:Why 6 in resto, what do you get for that one extra talent point? A point in enrage for quick +5 rage?

What's your feral tree like, do you take brutal impact?

yep, 1 in enrage. http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLVhoZxtMsf0dtV0o you could go 4/5 feral instinct + 2/2 brutal impact, but i generally prefer better stealth since my playstyle heavily relies on it.
1/2 in enrage is good because you can: bear --> charge --> enrage --> bash.

And trying to heal yourself can most of the time get you killed imo, since you're low on +healing and no talents for it, your healing/mana is awful and you're giving your opponent time to do shit. Just go tempo tempo TEMPO!!!
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes