PvP Feral - Is there any class I simply cannot beat in a 1v1

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: PvP Feral - Is there any class I simply cannot beat in a

by Aethelwulf » Mon Sep 28, 2015 7:39 pm

gotmilk0112 wrote:So that line about "You should be able to kill someone, with a ten-thousand-damage shadowbolt crit" isn't just an exaggerated jab at how OP warlocks are in 1v1?

dayum

It's more an exaggerated jab at unrealistic expectations of the Warlock class's power. That line originated from before the negative resistance nerf in the early days of WoW when Warlocks could double-crit with by using Curse of Shadows to obtain a lucky negative resist double or triple damage multiplier on top of a crit Shadow Bolt. The odds of landing such a supercrit were absurdly rare but with Will of the Forsaken providing 20 seconds of Fear immunity, PvP trinkets breaking fear for almost everyone, Warriors murdering people with Arcanite Reapers in the 10 seconds their Berserker Rage made them fear immune, spell damage only just barely introduced, Warlock DoTs lasting twice as long but doing the same total damage, and Death Coil having no horror component yet for instant fearing, a Warlock's only way to kill someone was generally supercritting them.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Ravni » Tue Sep 29, 2015 3:20 am

Elemental shaman is, by far, your worst matchup as a feral druid. I'd say basically impossible at equal gear levels if the shaman is remotely competent. The matchup gets a lot worse at higher gear levels too. Most of the other really bad matchups like spriest or lock can maybe be won with mithril insignia + a well timed reflector; this one is hopeless.

The constant instant-snares are probably the worst part as you'll struggle to not burn all your mana shifting, and you absolutely can't afford to get kited for any amount of time by a caster that can drop a 3k spelldmg combo on you in a second. You can't cast-heal, hot, or innervate anywhere near them, and you can't do much to prevent the shaman from healing up either. Spell reflector's won't do shit against any of that, and the chain+shield armor mitigation is just the cherry on top.
Ravni
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Finalflash » Tue Sep 29, 2015 8:41 am

Ravni wrote:Elemental shaman is, by far, your worst matchup as a feral druid.

This + hunter + warlock + priest, but not impossible. You have to get the shaman in entangling roots, run away, heal, innervate, rebuff(rank 1 motw/thorns + nature's grasp), restealth, attack and repeat this until shaman is ded.
Recommended items: tidal charm, discombobulator ray, gnomish net-o-matic, rocket helm and grenade.

Idea: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQoHPlN ... tu.be&t=16 i play shitty ye

build i used at the time: http://db.vanillagaming.org/?talent#0zLVhZxGMRbZVEooco
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by TheNIF » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:00 am

I agree shamans are the worst, particularly Orcs. But even if they're not Orc they're almost impossible.

Some hard encounters like spriest and warlock which you'd lose 19 out of 20, you can still get that one win occasionally (assuming you are both geared and skilled) with lucky resists and big crit chains. The shaman just has too much health, armor, dmg and heal ability and too many counter abilities for this to happen with any appreciable frequency.

Maybe I haven't met many good hunters, but they seem much more manageable than shadow priests and warlocks. Some are still very hard to beat, and making mistakes will cost you the victory, but with good timing and skill I don't feel the encounter relies on luck to anywhere near the same extend as the fights against locks and shadow priests.
TheNIF
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Finalflash » Sun Oct 04, 2015 9:31 pm

Xylon666Darkstar wrote:http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19340 Do w/e the fuck you want druids.

just fuck my shi(f)t up :^)
Finalflash
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes