Professions

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Professions

by Computeher » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:28 pm

I never played the original WoW game but I am a Human Priest and I'm wondering what professions will help me the most while leveling? Not interested in making a lot of money or losing a lot of money in any given profession. I tend to gravitate towards professions that offer me mana/health/attack/defense buffs or anything similar. What would you guys recommend?
Alliance - Vaerity
Horde - Computeher
Computeher
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Professions

by varth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:43 pm

I mean there's only one that offers buffs and that's alchemy. You would want to lvl herbalism alongside it otherwise you will go broke from AHing all the herbs.
varth
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by ElQuacko » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:55 pm

1st profession - tailoring. Each cloth class (mage, warlock, priest) get their epic patterns @ 60. and to get those you have to be a tailor and make it yourself. You're a priest so your pattern is the rarest as well as the best.

2nd profession - herbalism. Pretty self explanatory. You get herbs for potions without spending too much money. The only issue will be black lotus.
ElQuacko
Private
Private

by Bioness » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:29 pm

ElQuacko wrote:1st profession - tailoring. Each cloth class (mage, warlock, priest) get their epic patterns @ 60. and to get those you have to be a tailor and make it yourself. You're a priest so your pattern is the rarest as well as the best.

2nd profession - herbalism. Pretty self explanatory. You get herbs for potions without spending too much money. The only issue will be black lotus.

This is what I would suggest as well for leveling.
Bioness
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Computeher » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:20 am

So does this mean I'm constantly shelling out cash for tailoring materials? If I'm not gonna be able to make my own Alchemy buffs the same time I'm doing herbalism, I'd rather not even pick up herbalism. I'll just do tailoring and whatever else I have to in order to tailor my own armor and forget doing a craft for buffs all together.
Alliance - Vaerity
Horde - Computeher
Computeher
Sergeant
Sergeant

by gotmilk0112 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:28 am

Computeher wrote:So does this mean I'm constantly shelling out cash for tailoring materials?

Er...no. Humanoid enemies drop cloth, and most standard tailoring recipes don't require anything except cloth and thread (which is purchased from vendors).

Computeher wrote:If I'm not gonna be able to make my own Alchemy buffs the same time I'm doing herbalism, I'd rather not even pick up herbalism. I'll just do tailoring and whatever else I have to in order to tailor my own armor and forget doing a craft for buffs all together.

Yeah, I would not recommend leveling with herbalism tbh. Herb and Mining are bugged on this server and barely any nodes spawn. Even with 1x leveling speed, you out-level your herbalism/mining level, unless you want to spend hours running around the zone just to level up your gathering skill.

I leveled Alchemy purely off the AH and, honestly, it was very cheap. Herbs don't start getting expensive until 200+ skill level. And even then it's only 3-4 gold per stack. Almost all of the low level herbs sell for anywhere from 10 silver to 1 gold per stack, so it's really cheap and easy to level Alchemy.
knotic wrote:wait this is 2015. blizzard didnt do this in 2015. year is non-blizzlike omg omg
gotmilk0112
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Aethelwulf » Sun Oct 04, 2015 6:14 pm

If you're just looking to give yourself an easier time leveling and gearing while remaining self-sufficient, I would probably recommend Tailoring and Enchanting. Neither of them require gathering professions.

If you want professions that provide buffs, then you're looking at Alchemy (plus Herbalism) and Cooking.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by stif » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:15 pm

tailoring and enchanting
stif
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Return to Mechanics and classes