Druid v Lock PVe

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Druid v Lock PVe

by Gnomorepuns » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Afternoon. I've become very interested in playing on this server because of the very large population it has compared to other servers. Excited to do so!

My question is which class to go. I've basically narrowed down to lock and Druid. Reason being is because that appears to be two of the most needed classes for guilds doing instances and raids. Id rather play a class I haven't really wxperienced in vanilla that is heavily needed by guilds than one that is not. Also, I will be rolling alliance due to the abundance of NA guilds available.

Also if a Druid, likely resto.

I'm excited to hear your thoughts on them. I realize there is another topic, but that's more towards strict pve hence why I thought I'd ask this question. Thanks all in advance!
Gnomorepuns
Private
Private

Re: Druid v Lock PVe

by Noselacri » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:58 pm

Your question appears to simply be "should I play druid or warlock?"

Nobody can answer that for you.
Noselacri
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:51 am

Locks are highly desirable. By the time you're in naxx, you want 8 warlocks in your raid every night.
Druids are less popular, so you'll probably have 0 difficulty finding a guild (although you wont struggle as a warlock either.)

Healers literally carry raids every night, DPS is really superfluous most of the time. If you feel like challenging yourself, roll a druid. Personally I don't like the play-style, it feels like playing whack-a-mole with a 90 lb hammer. If you feel like mindlessly targeting the boss and pressing 1 (I know I do, that's why I'm a rogue!), then roll warlock.
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Gnomorepuns » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:35 pm

Interesting way of looking at it. The only time I dabbled in resto was in wotlk. I am always intrigued by a lock being how desired they are, but as you said, a healer always carries the day with raiding and groups.

Inclined to pick a lock because of being ranged dps (I have maines Mage for all of retail and do so now I'm wod). That being said, being a healer really does intrigue me a lot having the ability to play more than one roll also makes me interested in Druid (also that I'd be leveling as feral whilst gathering healer gear). I'll have to think about it. I appreciate the input on both classes!
Gnomorepuns
Private
Private

by sidesprang » Fri Oct 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Imo resto druid must be the most boring thing I can imagine playing in a raid. But to each their own I guess.
Team Plague - Sidesprang (Warrior)
Nope - Sidesprang (Warrior)
sidesprang
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Gnomorepuns » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:02 pm

sidesprang wrote:Imo resto druid must be the most boring thing I can imagine playing in a raid. But to each their own I guess.

Well if also like to play pally but a lot of ppl play those classes. I'm more in for a class that is sought after/needed hence why I picked Druid. And also healing preference. To some Druid is amazing and others it's lol boring I guess
Gnomorepuns
Private
Private

by Armilus » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:33 pm

Gnomorepuns wrote:
sidesprang wrote:Imo resto druid must be the most boring thing I can imagine playing in a raid. But to each their own I guess.

Well if also like to play pally but a lot of ppl play those classes. I'm more in for a class that is sought after/needed hence why I picked Druid. And also healing preference. To some Druid is amazing and others it's lol boring I guess

I played a druid in retail. In early content healing is pretty easy so it's kind of boring and there isn't much feral gear so you don't really get to fill multiple roles (you CAN tank 5man instances but probably need feral talents).

If you are an average player that just shows up for raids and does the bare minimum, then druid is pretty boring. If you are an awesome player, druids are the ultimate save-the-raid class. You have NS+Max rank HT to save a tank, if you are really quick on battle res (and have good judgement) there are many opportunities to prevent a wipe. Good use of innervate is also huge. You can quickly switch to bear form and stun a loose mob or even taunt something until a tank can pick it up.

It's also one of the only classes with 3 viable raiding specs (some would argue only 2, imo it depends on your gear and the content level). 24/0/27 for ultra-efficient healing, X/0/31+ for swiftmend and 0/30/21.

Each spec makes for a different play style so you do have a chance to switch things up if you get bored.

That said... warlock is also lots of fun :P
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Gnomorepuns » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:13 am

I appreciate the input guys. Is what i'm thinking is that I'll level a lock (there is also a very good guild on the lock tab) and level a druid as an alt; if i get to 60 and do not have much interest, i'll go with the druid. Being there isn't even the AQ availability, release, i have time.

Locks seem, from what i'm told, to be highly desired in guilds, so that's my thought. Much appreciated though peeps!
Gnomorepuns
Private
Private

Return to Mechanics and classes