Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:03 am

Theloras, you are simply trying to cast doubt on evidence by raising the possibility of it having been a private server video, which is well and good. I am stressing that the Blizzard rep you contacted by his own admission does not have official information. That is not "the same level of circumspect." I could also try to dig up corroborating information supporting that the Storm Gauntlets behavior the video demonstrates about Grounding Totem was actual vanilla behavior (I remember having found it before) for what it's worth. But I already have vanilla thottbot numbers proving that Storm Gauntlets did not scale.

Shamwow, that is a perplexing response. I'm not sure how you interpreted any of this as "crying" and your post by and large appears to be an emotional appeal to leave it in its current non-blizzlike state because you prefer it that way. This server puts a priority on being blizzlike, so I believe it should be fixed. There are plenty of servers with custom behavior if you prefer non-blizzlike behavior, and if this was indeed Burning Crusade behavior, perhaps a Burning Crusade server would do.
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:07 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Theloras, you are simply trying to cast doubt on evidence by raising the possibility of it having been a private server video, which is well and good. I am stressing that the Blizzard rep you contacted by his own admission does not have official information. That is not "the same level of circumspect." I could also try to dig up corroborating information supporting that the Storm Gauntlets behavior the video demonstrates about Grounding Totem was actual vanilla behavior (I remember having found it before) for what it's worth. But I already have vanilla thottbot numbers proving that Storm Gauntlets did not scale.

Shamwow, that is a perplexing response. I'm not sure how you interpreted any of this as "crying" and your post by and large appears to be an emotional appeal to leave it in its current non-blizzlike state because you prefer it that way. This server puts a priority on being blizzlike, so I believe it should be fixed. There are plenty of servers with custom behavior if you prefer it that way.

What part of "you haven't convinced me" do you not get? I told you like 20 forum pages ago (in the other thread no less) that we are at an impasse and that neither of us is going to be able to convince the other so why keep beating a dead horse, yet you continue to keep bringing this $hit up over and over and over again by derailing yet another thread needlessly.

You haven't convinced me and I haven't convinced you - move on bro - I certainly have.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:09 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Theloras, you are simply trying to cast doubt on evidence by raising the possibility of it having been a private server video, which is well and good. I am stressing that the Blizzard rep you contacted by his own admission does not have official information. That is not "the same level of circumspect." I could also try to dig up corroborating information supporting that the Storm Gauntlets behavior the video demonstrates about Grounding Totem was actual vanilla behavior (I remember having found it before) for what it's worth. But I already have vanilla thottbot numbers proving that Storm Gauntlets did not scale.

Shamwow, that is a perplexing response. I'm not sure how you interpreted any of this as "crying" and your post by and large appears to be an emotional appeal to leave it in its current non-blizzlike state because you prefer it that way. This server puts a priority on being blizzlike, so I believe it should be fixed. There are plenty of servers with custom behavior if you prefer non-blizzlike behavior, and if this was indeed Burning Crusade behavior, perhaps a Burning Crusade server would do.

Yet every single *BLIZZLIKE* server has it scaling. Valkyrie wow, I can name 20 more. I see no reason for it to be fixed. This is just a silly attempt at a casters feud to depower melee and claim to keep beastslaying and elementalslayer unfixed so he can crit 15k on maexnna or ragnaros when infact casters already do 1.3k dps and shouldn't be QQING about a 2% lord kazzak drop item which no melee will get because every caster steals their spell damage cloth.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:20 am

Be realistic or logical. Youre talking about them changing an item that could've worked or could've not worked even though I am 100% sure it did. When there is absolutely no video or proof showing that Blazefury Medallion didn't work?

Until there is a video showing it didn't work which is on youtube on a players gear dated back in 2005-2006,

Bane: Then, you have my permission to QQ
Last edited by shamwow on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:31 am

shamwow wrote:

Yet every single *BLIZZLIKE* server has it scaling. Valkyrie wow, I can name 20 more. I see no reason for it to be fixed. This is just a silly attempt at a casters feud to depower melee and claim to keep beastslaying and elementalslayer unfixed so he can crit 15k on maexnna or ragnaros when infact casters already do 1.3k dps and shouldn't be QQING about a 2% lord kazzak drop item which no melee will get because every caster steals their spell damage cloth.

Agreed - the ONLY thing that made Fire Rogues a "Thing" back on Peenix was the Vote/Donation Shop there. Without the shop, then none of this bullshit would have been an issue at all:

Blazefury Medallion
Binds when picked up
Neck
+13 Agility
+14 Stamina
+12 Fire Resistance
Requires Level 60
Equip: Adds 2 fire damage to your melee attacks.
Lord Kazzak ??
Boss
A H Demon 2% drop rate
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=17111

Fiery Retributer
Binds when picked up
Unique
Main Hand Sword
56 - 105 Damage Speed 1.80
(44.7 damage per second)
60 Armor
+7 Strength
Durability 90 / 90
Requires Level 60
Equip: Increased Defense +5.
Equip: Adds 2 fire damage to your melee attacks.
Hazza'rah ??
Boss
A H Undead 50% drop rate (but the Demon boss spawn is random once a week in ZG, so gg trying to get the right boss to spawn)
http://db.vanillagaming.org/?item=19968

PS Never mind that the try hard Fire Rogues were also donating for BiS Forever +spell or +Fire dmg cloth items from Naxxramas to boost their fire damage to stupid results...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:43 am

Shamwow, the issue here is blizzlike behavior, not your personal grievances of balance. At any rate, I just reported this to the Nostalrius bug tracker since apparently the gauntlets scale according to Theloras, so we'll see how it fares there.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re:

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:44 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Shamwow, the issue here is blizzlike behavior, not your personal grievances of balance. At any rate, I just reported this to the Nostalrius bug tracker since apparently the gauntlets scale according to Theloras, so we'll see how it fares there.

LOL who's butt hurt now?

And they aren't scaling at 43% here bro - only 10% of spell dmg like they were originally on Peenix.

aethelwulf is just butthurt because he wasn't able to convince me on his "evidence" over the course of 20+ pages of trolling forum threads/posts - compared to my having a response from an official Blizzard GM via battle.net saying that they did in fact scale with spell dmg back in Vanilla - everything is laid out here from the bug report from Peenix:

https://github.com/FeenixServerProject/ ... ssues/3652
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Re:

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:53 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Shamwow, the issue here is blizzlike behavior, not your personal grievances of balance. At any rate, I just reported this to the Nostalrius bug tracker since apparently the gauntlets scale according to Theloras, so we'll see how it fares there.

Why should we see how it fares there when there are a million more important spells or items things that we should be focused on reporting that we ACTUALLY PROVE about and 100% proof it didn't work instead of something that actually COULD HAVE worked back then and guessing about it.

At the moment you are reporting nothing. It is not a bug because you are guessing it didn't work.
It could have worked. And even a video of it doesn't prove anything when a player is wearing healing gear.
The actual spell damage gear itself has to be shown in the video.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PriestInOurTime » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:00 am

Before we have this silly conversation again, could someone provide one single source from vanilla times that suggests that they scale? I never once saw an item that scaled in vanilla.

It can be text or video, doesn't matter. Just to give us a starting point.
Last edited by PriestInOurTime on Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:02 am

PriestInOurTime wrote:Before we have this silly conversation again, could someone provide one single source from vanilla times that suggests that they scale?

It can be text or video, doesn't matter. Just to give us a starting point.

Why does it matter? We should be talking about beastslayer+6 and elementalslayer+6 on another thread instead of this non important waste of time thread. You cant possibly edit or fix something that you don't know about.

In my opinion they shouldn't touch anything they don't know about. That is called REALISM and LOGIC.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes