Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:25 am

Aethelwulf wrote:It's not a GM response when the GM explicitly tells you he has no official information and can only comment having heard about them scaling sometime in the past. That is pure and simple hearsay, which cannot even be dated to vanilla. We've been over this. I understand you want to believe you are right very badly, and you are free to do so. It will not change the facts, however.

The fact is that you are refusing to do the same thing (submitting a battle.net ticket) even though I have brought it up now for like the 20th time.

And are now derailing yet another thread needlessly...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:27 am

Because it is utterly pointless. I already have direct numbers from vanilla showcasing non-scaling damage. That is hard proof. And if the GM already told you there is no official information on the subject, why would I expect to receive official information from them? Just because you can make demands doesn't mean I am obligated to fulfill them or that the demands are even meaningful.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:29 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Because it is utterly pointless. I already have direct numbers from vanilla showcasing non-scaling damage. That is hard proof. And if the GM already told you there is no official information on the subject, why would I expect to receive official information from them? Just because you can make demands doesn't mean I am obligated to fulfill them or that the demands are even meaningful.

No you don't - you have one unsubstantiated video which cannot be conclusively proven to be from a retail vanilla server, a retail ptr server, a private vanilla server or a private ptr server.

You also can't prove exactly when it was recorded either - the only thing you have is the upload date.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:31 am

I also have vanilla thottbot comments where people (damnation1, viscalde) mention exactly how much damage Storm Gauntlets hits for (and commented on the fact that it can crit). Given that Storm Gauntlets itself gives the nature damage that it should scale with, they were a clear case of non-scaling damage.

And the video (Jul 22, 2006) was certainly uploaded during vanilla.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:38 am

Aethelwulf wrote:I also have vanilla thottbot comments where people (damnation1, viscalde) mention exactly how much damage Storm Gauntlets hits for (and commented on the fact that it can crit). Given that Storm Gauntlets itself gives the nature damage that it should scale with, they were a clear case of non-scaling damage.

And the video (Jul 22, 2006) was certainly uploaded during vanilla.

And I have several comments from multiple database websites (both during and after Vanilla) as well to boost my case as well as a direct response from Blizzard...

ROUND AND ROUND WE GO...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:41 am

No, those comments were from after vanilla. The only vanilla comment you had was prefaced with "I imagine" which immediately disqualifies it from being evidence.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:45 am

Aethelwulf wrote:No, those comments were from after vanilla. The only vanilla comment you had was prefaced with "I imagine" which immediately disqualifies it from being evidence.

AND A RESPONSE FROM BLIZZARD DIRECTLY...WHICH YOU REFUSE TO EVEN ACKNOWLEDGE OR DO YOURSELF...

The fact that your video cannot be substantiated immediately disqualifies it as well bro.

#CWutIDidThar?
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:50 am

You engaged in bad logic, yes. I did acknowledge that the response exists, but I dispute that it constitutes an official response because the rep clearly tells you that he has no official information and can only offer you a personal recollection of having heard (not witnessed) sometime in the past (not necessarily during vanilla) that they scaled. The video on the other hand is clearly from the time of vanilla, and your only counterargument is that maybe it was from a private server, and the PTR thing but I don't see how that's meaningful. We've been here before.

My side of the argument:
Youtube video from vanilla giving direct numbers of non-scaling damage
Thottbot comments from vanilla giving direct numbers of non-scaling damage

Your side of the argument:
Rumors from post-vanilla
Blizzard rep telling you he has no official data but reporting there was a rumor
One guy from vanilla saying he imagines they would scale (meaning he has not tested it himself and doesn't know)
Last edited by Aethelwulf on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:56 am, edited 4 times in total.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:54 am

Aethelwulf wrote:You engaged in bad logic, yes. I did acknowledge that the response exists, but I dispute that it constitutes an official response because the rep clearly tells you that he has no official information and can only offer you a personal recollection of having heard (not witnessed) sometime in the past (not necessarily during vanilla) that they scaled. The video on the other hand is clearly from the time of vanilla, and your only counterargument is that maybe it was from a private server, and the PTR thing but I don't see how that's meaningful.

because it cannot be substantiated other than the upload date - there's no other corroborating information that comes along with the video ...

I'm putting the same level of of circumspect on you as you are doing to me.

- edit -

Do you have any idea of the number of people who said Seal Twisting wasn't possible during Vanilla because it wasn't discovered until TBC?

And yet I proved every single one of those trolls wrong...

The Absence Of Evidence Is Not Evidence Of Absence.
Last edited by Theloras on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:57 am

Aethelwulf wrote:It's not a GM response when the GM explicitly tells you he has no official information and can only comment having heard about them scaling sometime in the past. That is pure and simple hearsay, which cannot even be dated to vanilla. We've been over this. I understand you want to believe you are right very badly, and you are free to do so. It will not change the facts, however.

Why do you make such a big deal out of a random item no one uses and is a 2% drop chance?

EVERYONE ROLLS CASTERS FOR RAID DPS. You get the beastslayer and elementalslayer x 2 spell damage bugged enchant.

And your crying about a random item? Just to steamroll melee classes who will never get the chance to even get spell damage gear when you warlocks and mages are TAKING THEM ALL and are already doing more dps?

*sigh* there are better things to worry about. Like your 200% damage enchant.

I would be talking about fixing the +6 enchants or be worried seeing a 15k crit in raids using that bugged warlock/mage enchant
Instead of some way less overpowered item
Last edited by shamwow on Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes