Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:03 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Shamwow, two issues there:

First:
The german comment you are referring to, let me translate. #27 said this: "@25 Yes, just about. Had that thing with my Druid too at level 60 and was really nice.... in BWL against fire vulnerable mobs had that some even made up to 12 damage per hit, so proper Bam! ^^"

#25 said this "Onyxia necklace is better."

This is against fire vulnerable mobs in BWL back in the day when a Warlock's Curse of the Elements would debuff a fire resist into the negatives for random damage multipliers. The number 12 is consistent with that.

A further nail in the coffin against your theory...

I would also add that if the Medallion's fire dmg proc was scaling with debuffs on the mob as described, that would therefore show that it should scale with spell dmg on the player as well,

Otherwise, the +2 Fire dmg would have remained static against any mob regardless of whether they had a vulnerability to fire when the NPC spawned or whether they had Curse of the Elements or Imp Scorch debuffs on them during combat.

Individual/separate castable spells (which is what the +fire/nature dmg procs are on these items) aren't able to scale with debuffs on a mob but not with a player's spell dmg...the game doesn't work that way.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:26 am

Vices wrote:The reason there are more rogues on RaidStats is that the class is easier to play than fury warrior. There are very few people around who actually understand how to play fury properly.

i will say the same for "retribution paladins" . The reason why you don't see any topping there is because there are very few people around who actually do play PVE spec and understand how to play properly.+

Another thing is the Bugs.

Regarding Gear :

viewtopic.php?f=43&t=25503

The most gear dependant class in the game, or the class that is made or broken most by the gear it is wearing, is the Warrior. But we’re second on that list!(Paladins) Remembering that keeping your weapon, armor, and even your trinkets up-to-date is critical to having a powerful character. Don’t go into a gunfight with a stick, and don’t run into an epic battle with a green. But which stats, you may ask, are most critical to a paladin and what do they all do?
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by PriestInOurTime » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:03 am

Theloras wrote:I would also add that if the Medallion's fire dmg proc was scaling with debuffs on the mob as described, that would therefore show that it should scale with spell dmg on the player as well,

Otherwise, the +2 Fire dmg would have remained static against any mob regardless of whether they had a vulnerability to fire when the NPC spawned or whether they had Curse of the Elements or Imp Scorch debuffs on them during combat.

What on earth are you talking about? Are you really this daft? ALL damage scales with vulnerabilities, even wands, and they distinctly do not scale with spell damage.
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:35 am

Edited by Killerduki
-offtopic -
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Theloras » Mon Nov 02, 2015 2:40 am

smilkovpetko wrote:
PriestInOurTime wrote:
Theloras wrote:I would also add that if the Medallion's fire dmg proc was scaling with debuffs on the mob as described, that would therefore show that it should scale with spell dmg on the player as well,

What on earth are you talking about? Are you really this daft? ALL damage scales with vulnerabilities, even wands, and they distinctly do not scale with spell damage.

Wands are not Spell procs,neither spells . They are considered as Elemental Damage . Elemental damage does not scale with Spell Damage.

Elemental damage can be increased by vulnerability , but will not benefit from Spell Damage.

^^^What Duki said^^^

Wands are not separate spell casts (they function in a similar fashion to melee auto attack but just happen to do elemental dmg as opposed to physical) whereas the +fire/nature dmg procs on Storm Gauntlets/Fiery Plate Gauntlets, Fiery Retributer and Blazefury Medallion ARE SEPARATE INSTANT SPELL CASTS ON TOP OF THE WHITE AUTO-ATTACK

See the difference?

Wands = Apples
+Fire/Nature proc items = Oranges

PS Wands never scaled with spell dmg in the same fashion that reflective dmg never scaled with spell dmg (Retribution Aura, Thorns, Fire Shield, Naglering, etc...)
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by PriestInOurTime » Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:17 am

Oh, lookie at the blue who was quoted in the very thread you linked:
http://forums.elitistjerks.com/forums/t ... -crit-hit/
Tseric said:
Wands are treated as an item, not a spell. +spell gear will affect any spells cast using mana, that originate from the caster, themselves. Wands can do extra damage if there is a resistance debuff on the creature (such as a fire resist debuff and a fire damage wand), but do not count as spells for the purposes you are describing.

So, items don't scale with +spell gear. Only spells originating from the caster using mana. How novel. Who'd have thought?

Anyway, back to the point previous point. Clearly the "fire damage", is elemental damage per defenition regardless of if it scales or not and thus subject to vulnerability. You guys come up with the strangest arguments.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:10 am

Edited by Killerduki
-offtopic -
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by PriestInOurTime » Mon Nov 02, 2015 4:23 am

smilkovpetko wrote:http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Darkmoon_Card:_Maelstrom

It is known to crit and may be affected by +spell damage

This is also item , but scale with +spell damage.[/i]

Also an item. Didn't scale with +spell damage. Would deal extra damage to any Nature Vulnerable mob.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:43 am

PriestInOurTime wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Darkmoon_Card:_Maelstrom

It is known to crit and may be affected by +spell damage

This is also item , but scale with +spell damage.[/i]

Also an item. Didn't scale with +spell damage. Would deal extra damage to any Nature Vulnerable mob.

Just so that we are clear and I understand what you are trying to say here...but are you trying to imply that no item/weapon proc/enchantment or basically anything else in the game could possibly scale with spell damage unless the player spent mana to cause it to proc?

Is that what you are trying to say?

PLEASE tell me that isn't what you are trying to say...
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Killstick » Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:44 am

I think it’s kind of silly that you guys are debating Blazefury, Fiery Ret etc. The reason you have so little proof is because it is so hard to obtain them in the first place. Also the gear level required to make them worth it is high and you need to stack atleast a few of these items to make it work.

As of yet noone is using these items to great effect on the server. So it would be a waste of devtime to fix something which currently has so little impact. If they scaled in vanilla i think this is why Blizzard left them untouched. Because very few people actually had a chance to use /abuse it.
IMHO the items shouldn’t scale. I think it’s kinda silly if you see what these items can do if you let them scale (lol fire rogues). I can understand that some of you have the dream to become a raidboss ingame and on forum. But i don’t look forward to have 1 person using/abusing this just because he is lucky and because we have the knowledge now that they could scale. It's not like Tidal Charm or Skull of ID which everyone can get.

I’m looking for a Blizzlike experience and not a Blizzlike code perse. And that’s what this server is advertising. So learn the difference between these two and stop wasting devtime, forum space and your own time on stuff as trivial as this.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes