Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:14 am

PriestInOurTime wrote:Storm Gauntlets HAVE spell damage. That's why he wants them.

And that is why we know it doesn't scale with spell damage from the video, they should in that case scale of their own spell power

Again, the video on its own as a single source cannot be independently verified as I mentioned earlier for the reasons laid out above.

I am merely upholding the same standard that all bug reports are being held to - and again why I asked Blizzard directly.

You are more than welcome to submit your own battle.net GM ticket to see if you can find additional info - something Aethelwulf refuses to do I might add.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by PriestInOurTime » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:21 am

It isn't a single source of evidence. In the same thread that this is from there are links to statements saying that it hits for 3 and crits for 4-5. Crits for 4 should be impossible at any scaling above 1.6% of spell power.

But I already know that there isn't any amount of evidence in the world to demonstrate this negative to you. You grasp at the tiniest of straws and call it solid evidence and reject everything else wholesale.

You can easily prove me wrong, if you are indeed correct. I will not hold my breath.
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 4:00 am

PriestInOurTime wrote:It isn't a single source of evidence. In the same thread that this is from there are links to statements saying that it hits for 3 and crits for 4-5. Crits for 4 should be impossible at any scaling above 1.6% of spell power.

But I already know that there isn't any amount of evidence in the world to demonstrate this negative to you. You grasp at the tiniest of straws and call it solid evidence and reject everything else wholesale.

You can easily prove me wrong, if you are indeed correct. I will not hold my breath.

well I have proof of it dating back to July 2007 and this is not on a beta server. Just trying to see if there are 2006 ones

A comment of someone saying he made it hit 12 damage
Its on an old database
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:21 am

PriestInOurTime wrote:It isn't a single source of evidence. In the same thread that this is from there are links to statements saying that it hits for 3 and crits for 4-5. Crits for 4 should be impossible at any scaling above 1.6% of spell power.

As I've now said multiple times to both you and my favourite forum loverman Aethelwulf - you are more than welcome to submit your own GM ticket on battle.net in order to ask Blizzard directly (you know the actual company who developed this game in the first place?)

At least I went directly to the source and asked them directly - unlike you or any of my forum troll haters...

And I take their word over anyone else's any day of the week.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:14 am

A German player talking in July 2007 about how he made his blazefury medallion do 12 damage.

http://wowdata.getbuffed.com/item/Armor ... lion-17111

#27 Rifler in July 2007
@25 Ja so cirka... hatte das ding mit meinem Druiden auch auf LvL 60 und war richtig nice.... in BWL an Feuer empfindlichen Mobs hat das teil sogar bis zu 12 dmg pro schlag gemacht also richtig Bäm ^^

4 million more players played tbc then vanilla as it says in google and its shown to be used in early 2.1.0 tbc

Whats not to say that it could have been used in 2.0.1 or in the end of December 2006 vanilla? Its not that far off... only 3 to 5 months
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:32 am

https://vanilla-twinhead.twinstar.cz/up ... s/6554.jpg

Stated that some of them did infact scale. End of bug reporting.
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:13 pm

Shamwow, two issues there:

First:
The german comment you are referring to, let me translate. #27 said this: "@25 Yes, just about. Had that thing with my Druid too at level 60 and was really nice.... in BWL against fire vulnerable mobs had that some even made up to 12 damage per hit, so proper Bam! ^^"

#25 said this "Onyxia necklace is better."

This is against fire vulnerable mobs in BWL back in the day when a Warlock's Curse of the Elements would debuff a fire resist into the negatives for random damage multipliers. The number 12 is consistent with that. In fact, given that the player is playing a Druid, he would likely have used it with spell damage at some point or another, which makes the fact that he capped out at 12 damage suspicious. He was impressed by capping at just 12 damage, so if he could make it go higher with spell damage, no doubt he would have, and in that case he would likely not have concluded that the onyxia necklace is better. Therefore this is actually indicative that Blazefury Medallion did not scale during vanilla.

Second:
The Blizzard rep you linked does not say they scaled. He says he could not provide a definitive answer and that he remembered hearing they scaled a long time ago, with all the dubiousness that entails. He explicitly cautions against interpreting it as a definitive answer.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by PriestInOurTime » Sun Nov 01, 2015 3:45 pm

This GM quote is so funny. He explicitly states that he could not dig up any information. Then he says that he "personally remembers hearing"...

So if a GM is told something, at a time when he almost certainly wasn't a GM, that suddenly becomes fact the moment he becomes a GM? Brilliant. This is what I meant when I said that Theloras is grasping at straws and blows their evidentiary value completely out of proportion.

And the Neckless doing 12 damage to fire vulnerable mobs, yeah that isn't surprising at all. And is not indicative of scaling with spell power.
Pristine realms... Industrial levels of stupidity.
PriestInOurTime
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:12 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Shamwow, two issues there:

First:
The german comment you are referring to, let me translate. #27 said this: "@25 Yes, just about. Had that thing with my Druid too at level 60 and was really nice.... in BWL against fire vulnerable mobs had that some even made up to 12 damage per hit, so proper Bam! ^^"

#25 said this "Onyxia necklace is better."

This is against fire vulnerable mobs in BWL back in the day when a Warlock's Curse of the Elements would debuff a fire resist into the negatives for random damage multipliers. The number 12 is consistent with that. In fact, given that the player is playing a Druid, he would likely have used it with spell damage at some point or another, which makes the fact that he capped out at 12 damage suspicious. He was impressed by capping at just 12 damage, so if he could make it go higher with spell damage, no doubt he would have, and in that case he would likely not have concluded that the onyxia necklace is better. Therefore this is actually indicative that Blazefury Medallion did not scale during vanilla.

Second:
The Blizzard rep you linked does not say they scaled. He says he could not provide a definitive answer and that he remembered hearing they scaled a long time ago, with all the dubiousness that entails. He explicitly cautions against interpreting it as a definitive answer.

"In fact, given that the player is playing a Druid, he would likely have used it with spell damage at some point or another, which makes the fact that he capped out at 12 damage suspicious."

You are adding your own personal bias into what was written and no Feral Druids use spell dmg items with their raiding gear - they stack rogue off spec items and devisor set.

"He explicitly cautions against interpreting it as a definitive answer."

No, he doesn't - you're adding you're own personal bias again to his response.
Last edited by Theloras on Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:14 pm

PriestInOurTime wrote:This GM quote is so funny. He explicitly states that he could not dig up any information. Then he says that he "personally remembers hearing"...

Once more for the hard of hearing/understanding - I take the word of an official Blizzard GM over butthurt forum trolls such as yourselves any day of the week.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes