Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Armilus » Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:03 pm

Off-topic
Last edited by Pottu on Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Pottu » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:42 pm

Armilus, Theloras and sidesprang - keep the discussion civil and to the topic. Anything to do with real life does not belong here. If you suspect or have evidence that someone has broken our rules at some point, please make an in-game ticket or send a PM to a gamemaster and we'll take it from there.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:19 pm

Soyoen wrote:ranged classes will in time begin to overtake the melee classes on the charts. It is as example hard to compete with one fire mage being boosted by 4-5 other fire mages :D

true, but warriors will always have the ability to top there dps, but for threat reasons end up having to hold back.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Tue Oct 20, 2015 8:31 pm

I love these debates. It is humorous to see the back and forths of an pixel you know what showing contest. There are imbalances on each fight and required positioning, counters needed (decursive/sheep cc/LoS) that putlimit the top damage a specific class can do.

Debates such as these encourage people to play selfishly to boost their own numbers and avoid assisting with machanic counters. This results in either taking avoidable damage, causing others to take avoidable damage, making others reposition making 25dps stop and move, on and on.

Try not to think.of a game of interclass competition, this is a retail mindset due to smaller raids and Blizz constant pursuit of class balance. Instead compete with your same class.

This same class competition at times who is fastest at sheeping mindcontolled players, who never misses their rotation in a counterspell/kick, which hunter is fastest of tranq and being hit capped on those fights. That is what is important for success. This game has 3 pure dps races, and one was Val which is a joke now-a-days.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by stimz » Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:59 am

stimz
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:20 am

stimz wrote:

Once gear gets to that point warlocks can do that too, with shadowbolt.

And good for them - but me thinks succubus seduction spam in between shadow bolts is "not quite my tempo..."

#JustSayin
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Killstick » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:20 am

I don't think you can stack Storm Gauntlets with spelldmg here. Also the chance of getting Blazefury here is alot lower. You prolly bought that or something. In the same situation its nothing a shaman couldn't do.

Also the other stuff is mostly vs clothies. Its nothing an ENH shaman or sword spec warrior couldn't do even at lower gear lvls.
Killstick
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Undertanker » Wed Oct 21, 2015 8:12 pm

Can you three stop hijacking threads with your back and forth bullshit?

Thread topic, top dps class.

Not 'burst damage' compensation screen shots.

People post threads for specific information, that when somebody answers correctly, the information is quickly buried behind the same 3 copy paste agruements of a topic not related to the thread. FFS.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Ana » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:25 am

1. Click user name
2. Scroll down
3. Click "Add foe"
4. Confirm
5. Profit (mark the lack of ?? before steps 4. and 5., it really is instant profit)
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Theloras » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:47 am

Ana wrote:1. Click user name
2. Scroll down
3. Click "Add foe"
4. Confirm
5. Profit (mark the lack of ?? before steps 4. and 5., it really is instant profit)

I'm guessing this was directed at me which isn't surprising but somewhat funny at the same time since Ana asked about Paladins in the other thread and was answered, then started to troll and derail but now apparently I'm on ignore.

Oh well...

@Undertanker - I was merely replying to Stimz - that's all man :)

And I was specifically asked on page 1 of this thread to show what a Reck Bomb Paladin could do burst wise:

https://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic. ... 98#p158300
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes