Top DPS Class

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Top DPS Class

by Soyoen » Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:43 pm

Heldunder wrote:
Soyoen wrote:ranged classes will in time begin to overtake the melee classes on the charts. It is as example hard to compete with one fire mage being boosted by 4-5 other fire mages :D


true, but warriors will always have the ability to top there dps, but for threat reasons end up having to hold back.

Well if the warriors are on Alliance they wont have as much of an Issue as they have on Horde. With that said Horde rogues are not affected to the same extent as warriors are and can take full benefit from Windfury and their threat controlling abilities. In full endgame gear & content they do qualify for the top DPS class title on Horde.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
User avatar
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by shamwow » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:12 pm

JCarrill0 wrote:He first photo didn't load nor the last one
Perhaps I didn't read it correctly but I didn't see the 10k you said

Also again perhaps I didn't read it correctly but it didn't show me you one shotting the t3 paladin



The Judgement set is the best pvp gear and is stronger then Tier 2.5 assuming the bonus judgement isn't doing 70, but 650 damage with trinkets/buffs though if the T2.5 is buffed with high spell damage and 30+ melee crit the T2.5 may be stronger. Using the following strategy to be immune to crowd controls with restorative potions or Crystal of Zin malor Res sickness/ use 10 min cd trap and goblin rocket boots in bubble to get the HoJ on the mage, magic dust on a mage, force him to use the first iceblock at point blank range and use a net on their second 10 minute iceblock/ or grenade, magic dust and force a paladins bubble, stun after bubble to beat a ret/holy paladin who at a disadvantage using a 1hand sword to give you spam sit crits

All of this can be done in 1 attack after HOJ so they dont dodge. Band of accuria can be used for hit cap incase

A low 18-20% melee crit is only needed to crit once in a reckbomb, Tier 2.5 will reach MUCH higher and guarantee a crit chance in reckbomb
(If fiery blaze if fixed, lifestealing or fiery weapons high proc chance will be used and reach 150-200 damage easily 50x3 etc)
(Spell damage items are scaling on my server 50% less then in Theloras's picture so this damage could be increased by 800-1000)


400 spell damage from gear without 30 spell damage on 2 hand or neltharians tear and both ZHC+TOEP

Full tier 2.5, blazefury medallion, cloak of the devoured, burrowers bracers, might of menethil, libram of fervor, fiery plate gauntlets, eyestalk waist cord, band of the inevitable, ring of the fallen god, talisman of euphemeral power, zandalarian hero charm

The following spec is used in 1 shotting horde tanks or hordes with maximum amount of damage. 5/5 vengeance with 1/5 reckoning

Buffs used, flask of supreme, wizard oil, Elixir of arcane, Elixir of Greater Firepower or any other spell damage elixir, retail double macro trinket, THATS ALL (no PVP, Darkmoon, attack power buffs or crit potions)

Reckbomb psycho terrorist hitting a 1500 armor opponent with enough damage to level a building. Watch the movie 1994 speed and youll see what I mean.

(hit damage ranges to 570 but will be lowered to average levels)

NOTE: THE FOLLOWING IS DONE WITH ONLY ONE CRIT AT 25% crit chance. A second melee crit would increase the damage by an extra 600

700 seal of righteousness x 5 = 3500 Holy damage
Might of menethil melee hits x 4 + 1 crit = (500 x 4) + 1100 = 3100 physical damage
Fiery plated gauntlets or storm gauntlets (mages cant absorb nature damage) 140 x 5 = 700 fire or nature damage or 300 x 5 = 1500 assuming the scaling in theloras picture
Blazefury Medallion necklace 140 x 5 = 700 fire damage or 1500 assuming the scaling in theloras picture
Fiery blaze proccing once in 5 hits from a 15% proc chance = 320 fire damage
Instant Judgement addon at the same time reckbomb is used = 750 holy damage

7350 total melee and holy damage x 0.15 vengeance = 8456+320+700+700

Total damage done so far without a 0 second cast 800dmg goblin sapper charge - 10,175

Nightfall can push those boundaries by 150 holy damage more then might of menethil, assuming nightfall is on a fixed server and procs 20% of the time enough to ALWAYS work in reckbomb...

Nightfall pushes those boundaries to = 10,325 damage (or 12,000 damage assuming the scaling in theloras's picture is possible)

10,325 damage PLUS THE FOLLOWING

berserker stance and doing 10% more damage
30% more damage with the pvp buff
10% more damage with the DM buff
Power infusion
Standing near warsong ashensvale and felwood to gain the songflower 5% crit buff to reach 30% crit chance in order to raise the damage from 10,325 to = 11k-11.6k

30% crit chance Reckbomb or 3 crits and 2 hits Plus all the following buffs = 19,700 damage RECKBOMB

or 20,800 damage with goblin sapper charge

Paladins are the only class able to get two haste trinkets with a double trinket macro of Kiss of the spider and Scroll of Binding light. If you have never been hit by a 1200 dps paladin in a duel then you cant boast on how you beat one. Try fighting a paladin with a 51% + a 3% flurry = 54% speed increase with Kalimdors Revenge 3.2 speed 2H. Crit chance is 32% using 2% crit stone and songflower serenade and elixir of the mongoose etc, juju power, spell damage potions etc

IIR 32% crit chance is enough to keep vengeance on permanently


1000 melee crit damage + 370 seal damage + 90 necklace + 90 gloves + 50 lifestealing/fiery in T2.5 + 550 judgement or 70 dps judgement + cloak of fire 110dmg every 5 seconds + while your melee 2H hits the mage/warlock every 1.47 seconds + 15% vengeance bonus damage

IIR 32% crit chance is enough to keep vengeance on permanently

= 1350 dps in a duel

Not including the 1100 holy shock crit........ if you are holy spec
Not including the Total 5 swings.... if your reck spec given each swing after your 1 shot attack hits 1.47 seconds
Not including the 15 second fire damage elixir that scales with spell damage adding 30 dps or more
Not including the Weapons 9-12% proc chance which can proc a 340 damage bolt


Lets assume 39 of these bombadins are against a raid boss with 1 million hp like onyxia or ragnaros and they bubbled reckbomb with 1 priest for a power infusion buff.
With that increase a raid of reckoning bomb paladins are capable of killing any boss with 1 million hp. Assuming the paladins all have the enchants beastslayer or elementalslayer, now their holy damage is increased by double or by a x2 kaioken. Now they can most likely kill a 1.5 million hp elemental or beast type boss like maexxna or ragnaros. And while in bubble granted their haste has been increased by Kiss of the spider stacked with Scroll of Binding Light they can most likely do an extra 500,000 damage in the time of a bubble for a total of 1.5-2 million damage.
Now they have been judged...
Hang em high music hang scene plays
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83qxmqA ... be&t=9m02s
Last edited by shamwow on Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:52 am, edited 21 times in total.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
Image
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
User avatar
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Aethelwulf » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Theloras was using Blazefury Medallion, Fiery Retributer, and Storm Gauntlets with spell damage bonuses. That was a Feenix thing, which Feenix nerfed afterwards, and which was never a part of vanilla. That discussion got run to ground in the other thread and Theloras is still sore about it, but the short end of it is this: Those items don't scale with spell damage. Fiery enchants should scale just fine with spell damage though, and so would the shadowbolt procs from a Shadow Oil.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:52 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:more garbage from this fucknut troll.


No, you are still so butthurt against me that you and Ihealwpvp love to try and derail every single Paladin thread on Nostalrius - and BTW, Blazefury Medallion, Fiery Retributer, and Storm Gauntlets did in fact scale with spell dmg bro and actually were part of Vanilla - no one knew about it at the time just like Paladin Seal Twisting which you conveniently and completely ignored along with my response from an actual Blizzard GM on battle.net and similarly refused to to do yourself.

Just like you say that I abuse bugs with SoR - put up or STFU [email protected]
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by shamwow » Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:55 pm

Aethelwulf wrote:Theloras was using Blazefury Medallion, Fiery Retributer, and Storm Gauntlets with spell damage bonuses. That was a Feenix thing, which Feenix nerfed afterwards, and which was never a part of vanilla. That discussion got run to ground in the other thread and Theloras is still sore about it, but the short end of it is this: Those items don't scale with spell damage. Fiery enchants should scale just fine with spell damage though, and so would the shadowbolt procs from a Shadow Oil.



Actually you are wrong. Some might not have.
HOWEVER. Blazefury medallion did.

If they decide to nerf them. Then I will gladly quit If they nerf Blazefury Medallion as Blazefury medallion DID scale.

I SPECIFICALLY remember them working in the burning crusades.
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
Image
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
User avatar
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:02 am

shamwow wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Theloras was using Blazefury Medallion, Fiery Retributer, and Storm Gauntlets with spell damage bonuses. That was a Feenix thing, which Feenix nerfed afterwards, and which was never a part of vanilla. That discussion got run to ground in the other thread and Theloras is still sore about it, but the short end of it is this: Those items don't scale with spell damage. Fiery enchants should scale just fine with spell damage though, and so would the shadowbolt procs from a Shadow Oil.



Actually you are wrong. Some might not have.
HOWEVER. Blazefury medallion did.

If they decide to nerf them. Then I will gladly quit If they nerf Blazefury Medallion as Blazefury medallion DID scale.

I SPECIFICALLY remember them working in the burning crusades.


Do you happen to have any old screenshots showing as much from retail?

As for the current situation on Nost, both the gloves are currently scaling at a 10-15% scaling but I don't have the Medallion or know anyone on the server who has it either.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by shamwow » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:08 am

Theloras wrote:
shamwow wrote:
Aethelwulf wrote:Theloras was using Blazefury Medallion, Fiery Retributer, and Storm Gauntlets with spell damage bonuses. That was a Feenix thing, which Feenix nerfed afterwards, and which was never a part of vanilla. That discussion got run to ground in the other thread and Theloras is still sore about it, but the short end of it is this: Those items don't scale with spell damage. Fiery enchants should scale just fine with spell damage though, and so would the shadowbolt procs from a Shadow Oil.



Actually you are wrong. Some might not have.
HOWEVER. Blazefury medallion did.

If they decide to nerf them. Then I will gladly quit If they nerf Blazefury Medallion as Blazefury medallion DID scale.

I SPECIFICALLY remember them working in the burning crusades.


Do you happen to have any old screenshots showing as much from retail?

As for the current situation on Nost, both the gloves are currently scaling at a 10-15% scaling but I don't have the Medallion or know anyone on the server who has it either.




I will try and find one Sir Theloras ^^
This is how dark and evil a reckoning bomb paladin of Azeroth is
Imagine those people are stormwind citizens trapped
http://sendvid.com/0tfl74qq
Sapbomb/darkrune crits + spellcrit = 1-2 bombs
Image
youtube.com/watch?v=c8x76yI5_Jo
User avatar
shamwow
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:09 am

Shamwow, that's Burning Crusade, not vanilla. The conclusions a lot of us drew from the investigation was that these items most likely began scaling in Burning Crusade since BC revamped the spell damage coefficients across the board. However from vanilla not only is there is no evidence that they scaled at the time, but there is strong evidence indicating that Blazefury Medallion and Storm Gauntlets in particular did not scale.

Theloras, it's not a derail. Shamwow made a huge theorycrafted post about using these items with spell damage, so it seemed rather appropriate to comment on the actual behavior of these items. I have already given you clear evidence in that matter with vanilla comments and the vanilla youtube clearly demonstrating non-scaling damage, so your feelings to the contrary do not concern me. And if the gloves are currently scaling on Nost, I'll submit a bug report to have it fixed.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Theloras » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:15 am

Aethelwulf wrote:Shamwow, that's Burning Crusade, not vanilla. The conclusions a lot of us drew from the investigation was that these items most likely began scaling in Burning Crusade since BC revamped the spell damage coefficients across the board. However from vanilla not only is there is no evidence that they scaled at the time, but there is strong evidence indicating that Blazefury Medallion and Storm Gauntlets in particular did not scale.

Theloras, it's not a derail. Shamwow made a huge theorycrafted post about using these items with spell damage, so it seemed rather appropriate to comment on the actual behavior of these items. I have already given you clear evidence in that matter with vanilla comments and the vanilla youtube clearly demonstrating non-scaling damage, so your feelings to the contrary do not concern me. And if the gloves are currently scaling on Nost, I'll submit a bug report to have it fixed.


My GM response is greater than anything you could possibly try to troll/derail bro - and the fact that you yourself refuse to ask Blizzard directly shows that you are afraid to know the answer and look stupid on these forums as a result.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant
 

Re: Top DPS Class

by Aethelwulf » Sun Nov 01, 2015 12:18 am

It's not a GM response when the GM explicitly tells you he has no official information and can only comment having heard about them scaling sometime in the past. That is pure and simple hearsay, which cannot even be dated to vanilla. We've been over this. I understand you want to believe you are right very badly, and you are free to do so. It will not change the facts, however.
Aethelwulf
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant
 

PreviousNext

Return to Mechanics and classes