fury or rogue

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

fury or rogue

by flowison » Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:59 pm

i wanna roll melee class.
cant decide between sword rogue or warrior.
mainly i wanna play pvp and a bit of raids endgame. (ony/mc)

this is what i know bout this classes:

pro rogue:
fast leveling
strong in pve, pvp at all stages of the game

contra rogue:
might get boring
(hard to find raids?)

pro warrior:
easy lfg as tank
can switch roles. 2h pvp, fury pve or even tank

contra warrior:
high gear depending
very hard to level
too many warriors on that server

what can u tell me about those classes.
i guess you only can compare them in pve as fury vs swordrogue
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: fury or rogue

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:21 pm

tons of need for tanking 5 mans. little need for raid tanks. might ACTUALLY be easier to make your way on to a raid lineup as a dps rogue. people tend to get SUPER clingy to tanks they like.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by flowison » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:35 pm

what about fury in raids?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by notgunnahappen » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:57 pm

fury is much easier. tank all your 5mans to get your BiS fury set and by that time you'll have a competent enough tanking set to OT MC when needed. Competent fury warrs are very rare, read up guides on how to perform your spec to its full potential (this can be said for any class)

As a rogue you'll almost need to start your own groups and be constantly strained to find a willing 5man tank.

Fury is also top dps once AQ/naxx is out, rogues fall behind
notgunnahappen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Heldunder » Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:08 pm

flowison wrote:what about fury in raids?

until VERY geared fury doesnt compete with rogues in dps, so why bring more than 2-3 total? its not common. similar chances to get into raids as a dps/tank on warrior. not the lowest. but kinda low.
Heldunder
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Larsen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:32 am

Anyone who isn't specifically devoted to playing a fury warrior should go rogue. Fury warrior requires a lot of knowledge and gearing decisions. Rogue is just smooth sailing from start to finish, and has stuff like Vanish to avoid getting punished for mistakes. As a fury warrior, you have to go for all kinds of unusual gear and none of your tier sets are useful, so it's harder to gear up and you have to know exactly what items are fury warrior items.
Larsen
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Sham » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:52 am

All I can say is when I played vanilla, our fury war was always top1 dps in raids. And after he got thunderfury, he just rekt charts
Hunter Insanitty (29 twink)
Warrior Insannity (29 twink)
Warlock Inssanity (29 twink)
Priest Darksanity (29 twink)
<Amost Thirty> guild
Sham
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Armilus » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:28 pm

Sham wrote:All I can say is when I played vanilla, our fury war was always top1 dps in raids. And after he got thunderfury, he just rekt charts

These days a fury war with TF will never top charts. TF has bonus threat on the proc so they will be threat capped with lower damage than other warriors. People know how to gear a lot better than they did in retail days, you can hit the threat cap without TF (especially as horde).

Getting back on topic though...

If you only ever want to do DPS, roll rogue. If you like tanking, go fury.

Fury is a bit harder than Rogue because your rage generation is never 100% consistent and most of your DPS comes from short cooldowns that you have to manage. As Fury you are managing your cooldowns, your rage and your threat, all while trying to stay alive. As a Rogue, your energy generation is consistent so all you have to manage is your threat (while trying to stay alive), the rotation becomes second nature quickly. As a rogue you can also vanish to wipe your threat or use evasion, it's a lot more forgiving when you make mistakes. You are also a lot tougher than a fury warrior, with all the agi on your gear you have a good amount of dodge, fury warriors are all strength, hit and crit, often on leather gear. A lot of their gear doesn't even have stam.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by flowison » Wed Oct 14, 2015 8:57 pm

thx 4 the replies.
due the fact, that i also like tanking and pvp with 2 handers, i will roll a warrior.
i guess, i would get bored quickly, if i only would press sinister strike and evis/dnd as a rogue.
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by flowison » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:29 pm

why is a fury so hard to understand and master, like everyone here says?
flowison
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes