Best tank, Paladin or Warrior? Paladin a good tank?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Re: Best tank, Paladin or Warrior? Paladin a good tank?

by Theloras » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 pm

bdan wrote:blah blah blah

A Paladin is the best AoE tank (especially if they have Force reactive Disk) for raid encounters that are actually HARDER than most boss fights (more deaths/wipes occur on BWL trash than the bosses).

Go wank your fellow "fuckbois" as you put it who continue to deny what we are capable of.

Or better yet, why don't you level up a Paladin and then actually be able to see what the class can do.
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Vices » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:14 pm

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20825

This thread is mostly about paladin vs warrior tanks, HAVE FUN.
hello
Vices
Sergeant
Sergeant

by bdan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:17 pm

Theloras wrote:
bdan wrote:blah blah blah

A Paladin is the best AoE tank (especially if they have Force reactive Disk) for raid encounters that are actually HARDER than most boss fights (more deaths/wipes occur on BWL trash than the bosses).

Go wank your fellow "fuckbois" as you put it who continue to deny what we are capable of.

Or better yet, why don't you level up a Paladin and then actually be able to see what the class can do.

I just said that paladins can AoE tank. Not sure what im denying. I do have a pally. I would gladly have you aoe tank everything you want. I don't want you anywhere near a maintank position if I have an option of an equally geared warrior.
bdan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Theloras » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:22 pm

Stop Derailing threads!
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by bdan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:27 pm

Theloras wrote:Have I ever once said that I wanted to be a Main Tank in these forums or do I try to insist in my guild that they let me be a Main Tank?

That's Duki and Cysthen's bag - not mine.

What I have said is this:

1. Paladin is the BEST AoE tank in the game
2. Reck Bomb Paladin has the deadliest melee strike in the game
3. Retribution Paladins can do decent DPS in a 40man raid comp (provided bugs can be fixed here on Nost)

Those are the claims that I have made - nothing more - nothing less.

- edit -

As far as the Paladin has no taunt so can't tank at all argument - it is a fact that roughly 75% of the raid bosses are immune to taunt and even for the ones which are tauntable, Taunt misses much more often than it lands for the simple fact that it is on the "spell hit" table, not "melee hit"

Yesterday on Firemaw, our Warrior tanks had their taunts resist a stupidly high amount of times leading to much more flame buffet damage to them and the rest of the raid.

That's all I'm saying.

Cool. Then we have nothing left to debate. I get all of you paladin guys confused because you talk in the same smug way. Im not sure why you guys haven't made a 40 man raid of just paladins yet so you can post it all over the forums.
bdan
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Ihealwpvp » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:34 pm

oh god he's here again. he is so much of a fanboy that he doesnt even realize the classes limitations. it just not fair for your guild/raid to force a pally main tank.

at this point, i think he is either mental, sexually identified with the paladin class, or is role playing a champion of the light. either way, he doesn't understand the paladin class well enough if he thinks they are a good main tank choice.

he also doesnt understand that warriors can aoe tank fine if they are skilled and not shitters, and that horde dont have paladins.

paladins are not a good choice for main tank. fact.
Ihealwpvp
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by Theloras » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:41 pm

Ihealwpvp wrote:

he also doesnt understand that warriors can aoe tank fine if they are skilled and not shitters, and that horde dont have paladins.

this is quite literally the funniest thing I have read in a long time - thank you for making me /giggle this morning
Theloras
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

by Pottu » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 pm

Please use the existing threads for this discussion instead of creating duplicate threads.
Pottu
Game Master
Game Master

Previous

Return to Mechanics and classes