Why is nobody running DM West?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Why is nobody running DM West?

by TheFishyOne » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:20 am

Srsly, folks. I'm about to ding 60, and am in almost full greens. Half my pre-raid BiS gear as a Pallytank is in that place, and there has been precisely 0 public interest in it for at least the past week...

Damnit, Prot Pallies need gear, too!

#PallyProblems
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Why is nobody running DM West?

by Ana » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:14 pm

The one time I went DMW with a paladin tank, he told me to stop overaggroing.
So I stopped. He died shortly after, because I was in fact the healer.

Also DMW is a shithole in the middle of nowhere, it's a no brainer nobody wants to go there :P
Ana
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:15 pm

Do yourself a favor and guild run. Last thing you want is a Quel book to drop and you lose it to pugs.

Though as a pally tank, the majority of your pre-paid BiS is BOEs - shoulder / gloves.

Belt is from searing gorge quest. Boots - of avoidance (till flamewalker - MC).

Helm BRD.

Trinket BRD. Get Mara quest Mark of the Chosen. 25 all stats 1 min buff on hit. > 2 dodge.

DM North - Cloak.

In Dreams Quest line - Chest.

BRD - Legs

Rings get from AH 8 stam 3 def x2, or 1 of those and band of flesh.

Shield UBRS

Really only bracer you need out of west and is from Warlock mount quest spawn.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Undertanker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 7:42 pm

West does have the gloves with a bit more armor but the boe has the same def and stam, also has str.

Put 3 def armor kit on it for 13 def.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by smilkovpetko » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:05 pm

dude , i'd choose spell damage weapon over quel for aggro purposes and raiding efficiency .
("dmw Prince" that weapon will help me get 100 Spell Damage Pre Raid using consumes and weap enchant)
Also Trinket from DM West is good as pre raid .
Wrist from DM West is crucial for our Def Cap so he need Warlock.

All you need fishy is little more patience to get the group .
I personally don't have such problems getting groups but will give you more info when i get there.

(Probably issue is because you are Paladin Tank and people don't trust them)
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by Undertanker » Wed Nov 11, 2015 9:45 pm

Also, when you can, run Yolo-mance a lot. Deathbone chest is really good i used until T2 wrath. Keep the green deathbone items as well, when they get upgraded are really nice. Gloves and belt, boots better than warrior gear ib terms of def, belt and gloves have same stam as warrior T1. + def set bonus.

For 5 mans and before you get onxyia trinket, and one day styleens. quel proc will help a lot with your early lack of def (pre zg enchants). Quel is up a lot and I still use in 5 mans as a warrior unless it is aoe pull due to rage starvations making a dagger not so good.. But as he said, put SP enchant on it over crusader or agil, the extra threat from SP > threat gained from crusader.

As you get more def gear, you can have a full SP weapon. Alternate the weapon as needed.

For example on Nef or Chromag, I use Alcorz until I am far ahead of threat and dps can never catch up, then i swap to quel. Keep your weapons on action bar for fast swap.

If you need def armor kits, let me know, we have a LW who can make them, she does for 5g your mats.
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by TheFishyOne » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:45 pm

Yeah, was basing my requirements of of JC's list in the Pally forums.

At Duki's recommendation, I had an Armorsmith make me an Enchanted Thorium Helm. 'Twas expensive, but GOOOOOD.

I had that belt, and I vendored it...#regret

I got the Angerforge trinket all ready. One of the big reasons I wanna do DM West is for the %2 Dodge trinket.

Yeah, I see a lot of BoE stuff of JCs list, as well, but I am an ENG/MINE, and thus, perpetually BROKE. =( I need to fish more...

Anyhow, thanks for the list! I'll use it as best I can so that I'm not too squishy for Scholo. Speaking of which, what would my stats look like when I am ready for that?

Also, Duki, the spelldmg weapon part with be true in 1.9 when Consc scales with spelldmg. When that happens, you can just keep a spelldmg weapon in your bags and use SuperMacro to swap it out every time you Consc.
TheFishyOne
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:54 pm

i don't talk about consecration m8 , there is whole list of abilities that we need this spell damage especially sor.

Also Consecration scale and should scale with Spell Damage even pre 1.9

Attack Power should never scale with Consecration since there is no real evidence for that .
Last edited by smilkovpetko on Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:54 am, edited 3 times in total.
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

by justclassic » Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:24 pm

smilkovpetko wrote:i don't talk about consecration m8 , there is whole list of abilities that we need this spell damage especially sor.

Didn't you post yourself that SoR only scaled with ~10% so the increased dps on meele weapons compared to caster weapons should be stronger than the spell power you get in exchange I guess.

Also the "whole list" ?! I think there is not even a hand full of abilities that scale and are relevant for a Paladin tank.
justclassic
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by smilkovpetko » Fri Nov 13, 2015 2:07 am

justclassic wrote:
smilkovpetko wrote:i don't talk about consecration m8 , there is whole list of abilities that we need this spell damage especially sor.

Didn't you post yourself that SoR only scaled with ~10% so the increased dps on meele weapons compared to caster weapons should be stronger than the spell power you get in exchange I guess.

Also the "whole list" ?! I think there is not even a hand full of abilities that scale and are relevant for a Paladin tank.

What does it matter this with the topic?

Yes whole list of abilities = Holy Shied, SoR , JoR , HoW , HW , Consecration,Exorcism . All of those are relevant for a Paladin Tank .

Also SoR at the moment scale with 10% with SP but in fact : https://report.nostalrius.org/plugins/tracker/?aid=2762 According to Blizzard Forums back in 2006 say that should scale even more than that.

Even wowwiki confirms that we should use Spell Damage Weapon
(tbc and vanilla abilities been always working in same way and scale with spell damage)

http://wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/BC_tankin ... paladin%29
/Wisdom is Priority
/Activity is Skill
/Skill is gear
smilkovpetko
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes