Fishing sound

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Fishing sound

by nosuser123 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:46 am

A simple question really. When I'm fishing, the sound of bobber only plays like 5-10% of the time. Is it my problem, vanilla problem, Nostalrius problem or something else? Needless to say, it's quite annoying, not to mention unhealthy to eyes.

And yes, I've tried various addons like Fishing Buddy, TackleBox, replacing sound manually etc. Nothing works.
nosuser123
Private
Private

Re: Fishing sound

by Lefeu » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:59 am

I have the same thing. Can't fish and watch Gotham at the same time. Totally sucks.
Industrial level of helpful trolling since 2015.
Lefeu
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by nosuser123 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:04 am

Thanks for the confirmation it's not only on my side.

Can we get some input from the staff here maybe? Is it something that will be looked into, by any chance?

BTW I'm not whining, just asking a question. I love fishing but currently it's very eye-straining.
nosuser123
Private
Private

by JCarrill0 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 3:53 pm

I been having that issue as of late as well, never had the issues before though.
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Santana » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:01 am

Not sure, but it seems zone dependant
Santana
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Setup » Fri Nov 27, 2015 7:00 am

Lefeu wrote:I have the same thing. Can't fish and watch Gotham at the same time. Totally sucks.

Two boring activities at the same time?
Setup
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Soyoen » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:55 pm

You client has a limited number of sound channels due to well - it's old and not supported by your os, probably has something to do with that. Increasing the amount warrants a perm ban for modifying the client as seen in the early reports in the support forum.
RogueDPS Reborn spreadsheet

Thinking about playing rogue, or actively playing? Check out the rogue boards for the essentials of the rogue class - viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24235
Soyoen
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by JCarrill0 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:14 am

Soyoen wrote:You client has a limited number of sound channels due to well - it's old and not supported by your os, probably has something to do with that. Increasing the amount warrants a perm ban for modifying the client as seen in the early reports in the support forum.

Considering i have played on many private server (all vanilla wow) and NONE ever gave me this issue, can you explain further in detail how your statement fits to this issue?
JCarrillo - Highlord of <Heroes of Terenas>
JCarrill0
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by silo42 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:22 pm

This is a very annoying bug, it requires staring at the bobber the entire length of the cast...blink and you can miss it. I see it reported on the Bug Tracker in August but no action has been taken as of yet.
silo42
Tester

by Undertanker » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:45 am

The more noise you make, the less the fish will bite. Pro tip, drink while fishing. Guaranteed to catch a buzz.

Don't forget bait. Hank Hill found a great place to get "bait".
Undertanker
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

Next

Return to Mechanics and classes