Lots of shammies? Why?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Lots of shammies? Why?

by ace151slayer » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:56 am

Seems like a lot of shammies. What's up with that? Are they all rolling to be pve healers? I was under the impression that's all vanilla shammies did. Which brings me to my next question, how do they fair end game? Kinda wanna roll one myself for rest.
ace151slayer
Tester

Re: Lots of shammies? Why?

by skyracer500 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:09 pm

Who knows? Ele shams are freaking crazy in PvP, resto sham is a really good raid healer, enh sham is pretty good in pvp if it gets good rng.. Shamans are also really fun ^^ Considered one even though it would have meant rolling horde.
skyracer500
Sergeant
Sergeant

by Armilus » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:02 pm

On most vanilla private severs shaman are OP healers because the bonus healing coefficient on chain heal is completely wrong. Basically, you get your full* +heal on the first target, then 50% of it on the second target, 25% of it on the 3rd target, etc.

I'm guessing this is probably why you are seeing so many. Among the private server community everyone things they are OP end game healers because they are usually bugged. Even without the bug, they are still good healers and fun to play. Plus ele is awesome in PvP and enhancement is pretty fun.

* Full meaning the full amount you would get for a 2.5s cast.
Cadmus - Priest, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Stabsington - Rogue, Nostalrius Begins PvP
Armilus
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

by Hatson » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:10 am

I play one because I enjoy the RNG aspect of gaming.
I am a D&D player for decades after all.
Windfury is what I live for. I roll the dice and hope I get Yahtzee. If not, fair game. I didn't get Yahtzee.

Simple life. Fun life.
The White Blacksmith.
Sometimes I stream stuff: http://www.twitch.tv/travallama/
Hatson
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by riq and snog » Thu Mar 12, 2015 11:34 am

In b4 unbreakable vid post...
On topic Shaman is a fun class but i doubt Fotm players will stick to it especially in vanilla.
Probably half of them are pissed off alliance who got the rngWTFface in stv this week. At low gear and lvls shaman is rly op vs casters. And got excellent kite vs melee + 20% rnglolpwnd... whats not to like...
60 is another story...:-)
riq and snog
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by kegboy123 » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:12 am

riq and snog wrote:In b4 unbreakable vid post...
On topic Shaman is a fun class but i doubt Fotm players will stick to it especially in vanilla.
Probably half of them are pissed off alliance who got the rngWTFface in stv this week. At low gear and lvls shaman is rly op vs casters. And got excellent kite vs melee + 20% rnglolpwnd... whats not to like...
60 is another story...:-)

all the casters are on horde. hope those enh shamans enjoy killing holy paladins in good gear
kegboy123
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

by LovelyDPS » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:57 am

Why lots of shammies? Cos u can`t play as ally with sham so take number of any other class and x2. Same for paladins.
LovelyDPS
Private
Private

by Nebulus » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:22 pm

lots of jumping on the globaled by windfury skillz bandwagon
Nebulus
Private
Private

by Hydra9268 » Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:37 pm

ace151slayer wrote:Seems like a lot of shammies. What's up with that? Are they all rolling to be pve healers? I was under the impression that's all vanilla shammies did. Which brings me to my next question, how do they fair end game? Kinda wanna roll one myself for rest.

Rolled a mage in vanilla. Decided this time around to roll a Shaman. I remember them wrecking my face in pvp back in vanilla and I decided if I ever had the opportunity to start over I would go Shaman. Nostalrius was my opportunity. :)
DO NOT WANT PRISTINE REALMS!!!
Hydra9268
Stone Guard
Stone Guard

by Xylon666Darkstar » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:46 pm

Because Windfury will make all other Horde classes Gods, and if they ever get pve/Rank14 2h weapons, they'll become Gods themselves.
Xylon666Darkstar
Knight-Lieutenant
Knight-Lieutenant

Return to Mechanics and classes