Sitting and regen?

Share your secret tips about your favorite class here !

Sitting and regen?

by reddeffect » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:29 pm

Can someone explain to me how sitting affects health/mana regeneration? I am sure I saw something about this somewhere a long time ago but I'm not sure if it still works.
reddeffect
Sergeant
Sergeant

Re: Sitting and regen?

by res » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:15 pm

I've also heard of this a long time ago, but I think people were just confusing wow with everquest in which you regenerate more health when sitting (I also remember people thinking standing in/near moonwells increased health regen).

On wowwiki it states that "Health Regeneration is increased by 33% while sitting."

I don't know how accurate this is and if it applies to this server.
The article also doesn't mention if this is just the spirit health regeneration or what exactly is increased by 33% while sitting.

I think the one thing we can say for sure is that sitting does not affect mana regeneration.
res
Senior Sergeant
Senior Sergeant

Re: Sitting and regen?

by Nihilithak » Mon Mar 09, 2015 1:44 pm

In most MMO's that pre-date WoW, sitting would increase your hp/mp regen by a decent amount. In early versions of WoW this was also true, however it was mostly scrapped by the time the game released. This is also a large part of why you always get crit if you are sitting down; extra damage to counter the extra regen essentially. The 33% increase in HP regen is very still active, but since base hp regen is so incredibly small you would never really notice it.
Nihilithak
Private
Private

Return to Mechanics and classes